Frigate durability

Is it just me, or has the guard frigate become completely obsolete after the new patch unless used as a warp gate projectile? 

I have played a few games and I don’t see where their usefulness comes in to play anymore, they can be eliminated in a single pass by almost any fighter craft it seems now.

Is there any reason to use a slow, vulnerable, flying brick that cant do as much damage (Actually having two less turrets)? They certainly cant tank any more. and are even slower.

With their abilities, I have seen fighters tank better than frigates - tanking multiple frigates at once.

Guard frigates aren’t for DPS. They are for protecting other ships, beacons, etc.

You can mount missile shield and pulsars on a guard frigate. If you need some more durability, mount a self-heal module. But you have a huge boost in durability over the last patch. Guard frigates are pretty hard to kill.

Then why did the survivability droped so much?

Yesterday my Fed-guard frig had 72k survivability, today i have 59k. I don’t remember what was shield or hull, only survivability rating.

Then why did the survivability droped so much?

Yesterday my Fed-guard frig had 72k survivability, today i have 59k. I don’t remember what was shield or hull, only survivability rating.

That’s actually a nerf of 18% survivability. Yesterday they needed 4-7 seven ships to get me down so it will still be 3-6 ships to kill a good guard frigate.

If they are pretty hard to kill, why can a Fighter of lower tier beat them at durability in combat one on one with the very same weapon, if not at survival rating, in a slug out - with the fighter staying still?

Is it the abilities fighters have over-tanking a guard frigate, or is the guard frigate more of a cover type ship, hiding behind debris.

For Clarity, the above was based on Tier 2.

If they are pretty hard to kill, why can a Fighter of lower tier beat them at durability in combat one on one with the very same weapon, if not at survival rating, in a slug out - with the fighter staying still?

Is it the abilities fighters have over-tanking a guard frigate, or is the guard frigate more of a cover type ship, hiding behind debris.

Guard ship need Engineer ship to support them with regens, flying alone will certainly get you killed :stuck_out_tongue:

I cannot agree with you more. Same happened to me at T3. I don’t think ill be flying my guard frig at all for a very long time.