Freeze spikes upon joining are intolerable and should be dealt with!

Discussion:

Freeze spikes are also one of the reasons that I prefer to avoid PvP matches. I do not own Solid State Drive (SSD), but I only have 9 years old Hard Drive (HDD).

Apparently, SSD users do not have this issue with freeze spikes. Such freeze spikes also occur when a player joins a map in Open Space. It’s very noticeable as well.

There’s an issue with join-in-progress, freeze spike can last from 1-2 seconds to several more seconds if more players joined the game at the same time, making you a sitting target.

There are some 3rd party tools that can remedy this issue, but such issue should not exist in the first place.

Several bug reports and complaints were written, but no official response or remedy was applied to fix this issue so far.

It would be best if developers could fix this issue, or better, remove Join-In-Progress mechanic to get rid of this issue without fixing it.

Suggestion:

One example of a bug report:

Presented solutions:

Discuss.

I play the game on HDD aswell, but the freezes seem to only last about half a second. Which 3rd party software can solve that? A similar thing could be integrated into the game.

11 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I play the game on HDD aswell, but the freezes seem to only last about half a second. Which 3rd party software can solve that? A similar thing could be integrated into the game.

I do not want to use any 3rd party tools.

I shouldn’t be forced to seek solutions to fix this issue, especially because it was fine before, lag spikes lasted only for about a fraction of a second.

Niripas once helped me, but such solution requires constant tweaking and intervention, especially if you got less RAM and if your PC is older.

This is the program: PrimoCache (the trial period already expired for me, and I don’t plan to buy it)

Spoiler

https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/index.html

I’ve only ever run games off of HDD’s because of the SSD r/w issue so I’ve always had these awful freezes. What even causes them. (I get its a new ship entering but why does the game freak out and freeze every time)

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

SSD r/w issue

which r/w issue? You can not realistically write a recent SSD to death with normal usage.

8 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I’ve only ever run games off of HDD’s because of the SSD r/w issue so I’ve always had these awful freezes. What even causes them. (I get its a new ship entering but why does the game freak out and freeze every time)

Actually Star Conflict writes mostly to the system drive, where “My Documents” are located (I don’t remember where originally screenshots are saved, though). So the game folder is written mostly only during updates, so it’s actually pretty safe to run this from SSD.

6 hours ago, John161 said:

which r/w issue? You can not realistically write a recent SSD to death with normal usage.

The key here is “recent” - I have two ancient SSDs in agonal state in my drawer ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

So, we need to create a fresh bug report about this issue.

If you got this issue, please post recent logs in here.