Flux phaser event?

Hi I was wondering if there would be another event of some sort for us to earn the flux phaser and other special weapons again.

Wondering this too, or if they’ll be available in a DLC bundle, as I’d really like to get another Mass Driver for my higher tier ships.

Mass Driver should be deleted from game… But don’t worry, they will come back soon.

Hi I was wondering if there would be another event of some sort for us to earn the flux phaser and other special weapons again.

Hello, yes, there will be this possibility in the future.

Hello, yes, there will be this possibility in the future.

I strongly encourage you, that you give this possibility BEFORE the NEW YEAR of 2016!

Flux phasor is xxxx aim bot!

it should not be guided projectile,it’s not fun at all playing interceptor/fighter when someone on enemy team has full range+proyectile speed flux phasor.

STOP MAKING AIM-BOT WEAPONS/MODULES!!!

I strongly encourage you, that you give this possibility BEFORE the NEW YEAR of 2016!

NO!

(i just love how error did this )

Flux phasor is xxxx aim bot!

it should not be guided projectile,it’s not fun at all playing interceptor/fighter when someone on enemy team has full range+proyectile speed flux phasor.

I dislike cowards on gunships using these sorts of weapons. Gauss cannons too, grow some balls ffs.

I dislike cowards on gunships using these sorts of weapons. Gauss cannons too, grow some balls ffs.

at least you aim manually with gauss and not just press left click.

gauss actually takes a considerable amount of skill to use, just ask Cr0. Flux phaser is the opposite end of the spectrum, as it is stupidly easy to use. Tbh, that 10% damage nerf, supernova nerf, and passive reductions didn’t really make a difference to the flux phaser.

NO!

(i just love how error did this )

watch out, you may be becoming German! :stuck_out_tongue:

watch out, you may be becoming German! :stuck_out_tongue:

If there weren’t the forum rules (I’d post a certain guy we all know with a certain line) o/

If there weren’t the forum rules (I’d post a certain guy we all know with a certain line) o/

:snowgirl:

I don’t see the Flux Phaser being much more powerful than any other gun. It’s not the easiest to aim (contrary to popular belief, apparently), is a single projectile, and takes quite a while to reach its target which gives you quite a few options to prep or counter it.

Ions are hitscan weapons, but nobody complains how those are ‘easy aim’ when they’re much more likely to do damage to a target since you get many, many more chances to ensure your shots hit/tick. Gauss is also rather difficult to use, I have tons of difficulty wielding it (though this is obviously anecdotal).

Plus the damage numbers don’t really add up to it doing more dps than other weapons. In the case of gunships you’d technically have more dps if you took any other weapon, since fire rate changes (overdrive) have marginal to no impact on the Flux Phaser.

I don’t see the Flux Phaser being much more powerful than any other gun. It’s not the easiest to aim (contrary to popular belief, apparently), is a single projectile, and takes quite a while to reach its target which gives you quite a few options to prep or counter it.

Ions are hitscan weapons, but nobody complains how those are ‘easy aim’ when they’re much more likely to do damage to a target since you get many, many more chances to ensure your shots hit/tick. Gauss is also rather difficult to use, I have tons of difficulty wielding it (though this is obviously anecdotal).

Plus the damage numbers don’t really add up to it doing more dps than other weapons. In the case of gunships you’d technically have more dps if you took any other weapon, since fire rate changes (overdrive) have marginal to no impact on the Flux Phaser.

Flux phasor has guided proyectiles just like Predators weapon,and it does explosion dmg so if you got 7km range it will do same as firing from 3km.with full proyectile speed it’s really easy to hit interceptors,there is very little chance of dodging that proyectile same goes for gunships.

Flux phasor has guided proyectiles just like Predators weapon,and it does explosion dmg so if you got 7km range it will do same as firing from 3km.with full proyectile speed it’s really easy to hit interceptors,there is very little chance of dodging that proyectile same goes for gunships.

Explosion damage has a damage reduction effect applied against interceptors.

Nobody complains about dodging Ions, Gauss, Positrons, etc.

Explosion damage has a damage reduction effect applied against interceptors.

Nobody complains about dodging Ions, Gauss, Positrons, etc.

Gauss and positrons are actually easier to dodge than flux phaser imo. No one complains about beam weapons because they are lasers, they are going to hit. The problem people have with the flux phaser is that it is stupid easy to aim for being a projectile weapon. 

Gauss and positrons are actually easier to dodge than flux phaser imo. No one complains about beam weapons because they are lasers, they are going to hit. The problem people have with the flux phaser is that it is stupid easy to aim for being a projectile weapon. 

I dunno. After having gotten kills with and killed by the flux phaser, I don’t really see it as being unbalanced in the meta. It has relevant pros and cons and reasons why some ships and builds take it and others don’t. The only problem I have with it is its availability, which I expect to be remedied soon.

Any reason why Fighters and Frigates can’t get reasonable ranged anti-interceptor/fastmover weapons? I mean Mass Driver in frig’s case, another gun that got a lot of complaints but I didn’t have a major problem with. Its projectile speed was a little high but that got acceptably nerfed. It’s pretty bad in frigduels, like how Flux Phaser is pretty bad in dogfights. I’d rather have any other gun in that case. Flux Phaser overheats in a single shot if you shoot directly behind yourself.

True, however, I think the problem most people (myself included) have with the flux phaser is how you can have tremendous range (7k+) and still have amazing damage and accuracy. Unlike positrons or gauss, which, at range, are much harder to hit with and have lower damage (since they are not explosive weapons). The flux phaser has no damage falloff at range and is still just as easy to hit with as at 2-3k away. Sure, it sucks at close range, but that’s the same with almost any long range projectile weapon.

To me (and I would assume to lots of others) it is quite unfair for fighters to have such a powerful weapon that can outrange even most frigates. I feel that the only nerf necessary at this point is range. Make it so the max range possible is 5k or so, and I feel that the weapon would be quite balanced. 5k away is still plenty of distance to kill the ceptor from a safe distance, but it is also close enough that the ceptor can close the distance to that fighter (unless of course the fighter has a cruise engine, but then he sacrifices maneuverability and risks overheating in one shot if he decides to shoot at the pursuing ceptor).

I dunno. After having gotten kills with and killed by the flux phaser, I don’t really see it as being unbalanced in the meta. It has relevant pros and cons and reasons why some ships and builds take it and others don’t. The only problem I have with it is its availability, which I expect to be remedied soon.

Any reason why Fighters and Frigates can’t get reasonable ranged anti-interceptor/fastmover weapons? I mean Mass Driver in frig’s case, another gun that got a lot of complaints but I didn’t have a major problem with. Its projectile speed was a little high but that got acceptably nerfed. It’s pretty bad in frigduels, like how Flux Phaser is pretty bad in dogfights. I’d rather have any other gun in that case. Flux Phaser overheats in a single shot if you shoot directly behind yourself.

Problem is, the meta in game has been constantly evolving towards longer ranged engagements and area denial, rather than dogfights and brawls in the middle of the map. For instance, before the beam nerf, T5 was full of 8km, 9km range beams on LRFs that had about 4k effective DPS. Yes, I’m sure it takes considerable skill to keep the beam on target long enough, but at the same time – it’s boring to play, and it’s boring to play against. Now, we still have fighters with 7km range, LRF spam is a legitimate and often beneficial strategy, and it’s getting harder and harder to close the gap to actually hit the person using Flux Phaser. They’re likely behind enemy lines, protected by beacon drones, enemies, and their own impossible to dodge 2k damage projectiles.

That’s not to say flux phaser is OP. It isn’t. The DPS just isn’t high enough to be OP. But when a max speed federation interceptor can’t dodge the projectiles even through misdirection and typical guided missile dodging, it’s just… Not fun to play against. The only real way to deal with it is avoiding interceptors like the plague and sticking to the backside of cover, because without either of those two, once focused on, you’re practically guaranteed to die.