Fix the auto voice coms ?

I like knowing when somebody is also targeting who I am targeting, but it needs to be more accurate.

And the biggest problem : You spot 1 ship and it goes “large concentration of enemy ships spotted” Really ?

Number 2 : LRF shots a drone from 13km away and the voice com is like there is recon already there capping. OMG, OMG, I need to look.

Thanks for the option that I can disable them, but at rare occasions they provide vital information.

I like knowing when somebody is also targeting who I am targeting, but it needs to be more accurate.

There’s a voice-over for that? I never noticed? 

And the biggest problem : You spot 1 ship and it goes “large concentration of enemy ships spotted”

If that is the biggest problem I’d say the game is in pretty good shape.

If that is the biggest problem I’d say the game is in pretty good shape.

We are talking only sound wise … sadly.

There’s a voice-over for that? I never noticed?

“We’re at the same target, fire up a missile!”

my reaction: No, YOU fire a missle ,im getting the kill

Ooooooh, so that’s what the voice comms was saying. I never quite caught it.

Anyway those need some work over. Although there are other issues that are more pressing atm, but would’ve been nice.

actually it’s:

• We’re both on the same target, fire off a missile!

These here exist for the same event, too:

• Two on one, that’s how we do it!
  • Now he’s finished for sure!
  • Come on, a little bit more and he’s ours!

I just hadn’t realized that they were about target lock (but they are).

I have nothing against knowing that somebody is targeting my target too. Even like it. A bit more accuracy will even be welcome. Like flashing who is it (the green arrow or if he is on your FoV the green borders flicker).

But some have to be fixed or removed. Like LRF shooting at drones and guard actually being there and attacking the drones having the same lines ?

Or you see 1 lonely recon on 1 side of the map, while 8-9 ships are on the other and you feed false sound info (unintentionally) to teammates.

Yeah, the Devs just need to re-write a lot of the automatic voice overs.  They are not dynamic enough, and it’s gotten kind of lame.  I would like to see a bit more complexity, like an indicator that tells which ship on the enemy team might be a threat, is low in health, out of missiles, etc.  Just basic diagnostic info that is spread to a team.

Yeah, the Devs just need to re-write a lot of the automatic voice overs. They are not dynamic enough, and it’s gotten kind of lame. I would like to see a bit more complexity, like an indicator that tells which ship on the enemy team might be a threat, is low in health, out of missiles, etc. Just basic diagnostic info that is spread to a team.

u’d think thats the spy drones job

Yeah, the Devs just need to re-write a lot of the automatic voice overs.  They are not dynamic enough, and it’s gotten kind of lame.  I would like to see a bit more complexity, like an indicator that tells which ship on the enemy team might be a threat, is low in health, out of missiles, etc.  Just basic diagnostic info that is spread to a team.

Or we could provide the new text for the voiceovers. 

Generic stuff

Enemy forces detected :  

1.  “Attention, pilots!  We have just detected enemy ships in the sector.  Proceed to (name objectives) and win this one for the (race of the FIRST ship you fly into battle)!”

2.  "Good (morning, afternoon, or evening [random, but consistent across all players]) cadets!  We have just received intel from command that the enemy is attempting to halt our advancement into the adjacent sector.  [Line will change depending on game mode] A. We must purge the area of all enemy forces!  B.  We must defend our commander and destroy theirs!  Form up, pilots!  C.  We must hold the designated locations, so that we do not fail our homeland!

3.  Listen up, men!  We have just dropped out of hyperspace due to unknown vessel signatures in the area.  [if objectives are present]  Proceed to the designated locations, and stand-by for details.  [upon this notice, the voice over will resume when the first ship reaches a beacon]  Guard this objective, pilots!  This precursor artifact’s core is something our scientists will be very interested in.  Do not fail, and be unrelenting in your assault on the enemy forces!

Enemy forces spotted :

1.  There they are, pilots; don’t underestimate them.  Form up, stay tight, and we will prevail.  A fleet operates as one, thinks as one, and destroys as one.  For the [race of ship choice]!

2.  Enemy forces, spotted, sir!  Requesting guidance.  [Listen up, pilots.  We have confirmed the presence of enemy forces in the area.  Command wants us to [explain objective and game mode].  Good luck, men, let’s return home in one piece!

3.  We’ve spotted those sons of xxxxxxx in the sector!  Prepare for your assault, cadets; they will not show you mercy, and neither will the cold abyss of space.  Do the [race of ship] proud and defend our honor.  To battle!

Enemy ship engaged [full stats]:

1.  [Comes from the comm console of the actual ship who destroyed the other.  If that ship dies while broadcasting, the broadcast ends abruptly.]  I’ve engaged an enemy [ship type].  Requesting back-up.  [This ship will report on the status of the enemy ship periodically].

2.  I’ve got one on me!  I need help!  

Enemy ship stats (could use some suggestions)

Enemy ship out of missiles:

Ping target (unique color)

1.  The fool’s out of missiles!  

2.  The indicated ship has depleted his/her missile supply!  Let’s make sure that he/she doesn’t get them back!

3.  He’s fired off his last missile!  Take him out!

Enemy shields depleted [could be annoying, so maybe a bit randomized]:  *Or it could only be broadcast to ships actually engaged with the ship in question*

Automatically pings target to team for 3 second duration.

1.  The xxxxxxx’s shields are off-line!  Focus your fire!

2.  We’ve depleted the enemy [ship class] shields.  Let’s deal the final blow!

3.  Enemy shields have been disabled, sir!  [Good work, men, now finish him!]

4.  We’ve broken through the [ship class] shields, focus all fire on his hull!

5.  [ship class] shields off-line!  Redirect all fire to the indicated target!

Enemy hull depleted (ship destroyed):

1.  Great work, men!  That’s one ship down!

2.  Keep up the assault, men!  That ship won’t be bugging us any longer (if in BC).

3.  Damn!  Just look at the way they fizzle!

4.  Woo!  We’ve downed another ship, men!  Keep up  your attack!  Shouldn’t be long now.

5.  Woohoo! 

6.  I got one!

7.  [From any ship, only broadcast to the ship who destroyed another]  Nice shootin’ there, keep that up, and you’ll make it into a corporation [if player is not in one].  

8.  Excellent shot, man!  I’d be scared to be the enemy!

9.  Brilliant kill, just make sure to [intelligently recommend something, like “don’t stop moving [if speed dropped low during combat]” or "try to use your [module name] if it could have been used to get the kill faster and easier]

10.  Somehow make an intelligent support system where the pilot is addressed for his/her performance during battle.

Objective-related  (During ALL game modes, there should be a debriefing before warping in)

Combat Recon:

DEBRIEF:

Welcome to [sector name/map name], mercenaries.  This [morning, afternoon, evening] we received a distress call from the nearby inhabitants about enemy forces who have been ruthlessly interfering with this sector.  We have one task, and one task only:  Protect our commander and destroy theirs.  Both commanders deal increased damage [and any other buffs I am unaware of], so be careful!  Without a leader, neither us nor they will not be able to communicate with the bulk of their respective fleet, and will no longer receive reinforcements.  That means that to have a chance at winning this, we need to take the enemy commander out.  Either that, or we need to show them that we cannot be defeated in battle, and they will retreat.  Whatever happens, cadets, defend the commander—that is your utmost priority!  Good luck, and good hunting!

Enemy captain vulnerable (in range of a ship):

1.  Focus your fire at the captain [to all ships in range]!

2.  There’s the xxxxxxx, take him out!

3.  Put pressure on the enemy captain, cadets!  Let’s see him burn in the cold depths of space!

4.  There’s the [race of captain] command ship!  Take the xxxxxxx out so we can advance to the next sector!

5.  Watch out for the enemy commander’s increased damage!  He can tear our ships apart with only a few shots!  Be careful, and form up!  Do not go at him alone.

Team Captain Vulnerable (in range of any enemy ship):

1.  Their forces have closed in on our captain!  Protect our commander at all costs!

2.  The enemy is on our doorstep!  Do not let our captain die!  Return fire!

3.  Our commander is in need of back-up!  Get there, and protect him immediately!

4.  Form up around or commander, he is in danger!

5.  There is a [enemy ship race and class] attempting to destroy our captain!  Defend him at all costs!

Enemy captain destroyed:

1.  Great work, men!  We’ve eliminated the enemy captain!  Form up and seek out the remaining forces!

2.  Excellent work, mercenaries.  Form up and eliminate the remaining forces, the enemy captain has been destroyed!

3.  That was some brave fighting, boys.  Their commander is dead, now destroy the remaining forces so we can go home!

4.  Their commander has been destroyed!  Looks like we’ll win this one; form up and finish strong!

5.  We’ve done it!  Their commander has just fallen in battle.  It is now time to finish off the remaining forces and return back to the fleet.

Odd games where both captains die:

Enemy captain first, then team’s, broadcast from the ship with the highest SR on the team (pinged)

1.  Attention, pilots.  Our commander has just fallen in battle.  We are unable to communicate with the mother fleet.  We are on our own.  Form up on me, and let’s secure the sector.

2.  Our commander is dead.  Form up on me!

3.  Alright, boys, this is it.  Our captain was just killed by those sons of xxxxxxx.  Form up on me—we’ll take them out one by one and drive them from the area!  

4.  Damn it all to–!  They’ve just taken out our captain!  To hell with them!  Form up, and let’s send them into the cold depths of space!

Team captain first, then enemy’s, broadcast from the ship with the highest SR on the team (pinged)

1.  Attention, cadets, we have just destroyed the enemy commander!  All is not lost; form up on me and let’s purge the area of the enemy forces!

2.  We got him!  The enemy captain has been destroyed!  Form up on me and let’s finish this battle!

3.  Look at that sucker burn!  The enemy captain is dead!  We still have hope; form up on me and we’ll turn the tide of this battle!

4.  Form up on me, men.  We’ve just destroyed the enemy captain.  If we play smart, we can win and go home in one piece!

Beacon Capture:

DEBRIEF:

Welcome to [sector/map name] pilots.  We have discovered numerous precursor artifacts in the area, and we need you to secure the area.  We have additional intel that suggests an enemy presence in the area, so expect heavy fighting.  We must control the artifacts for longer than they do in order to have a chance here.  Do not fail.  Expect the enemy to move to each beacon before it is active, so do the same, and we should stay ahead of them.  Good luck out there, men.

[And it’s about right here that I am tired.  Could use some help writing this monster, so feedback is welcomed]

Domination:

Team Battle:

Detonation:

Nice ideas here. Maybe a bit too much chatter if you add it all up, so maybe you could make them shorter. But overall idea is very nice, not very hard to code i think, and impressive/useful for players. Everyone would be like “Wow the game actually knows what’s going on. Awesome!”

As a small suggestion, for every occasion where you chose “first ship faction in roster” to give you the faction, you could better use the faction contracts you’re on. It’s always only 1. And it’s who you’re fighting for atm. 

Maybe there could be a range to some of these?

Nice ideas here. Maybe a bit too much chatter if you add it all up, so maybe you could make them shorter. But overall idea is very nice, not very hard to code i think, and impressive/useful for players. Everyone would be like “Wow the game actually knows what’s going on. Awesome!”

Agreed. I’m okay with the briefings and debriefings being a little longer, and likewise for important game events (e.g. captain dead). But the comms that happen in the middle of combat could be a little tighter. 

1.  Watch out for the enemy commander’s increased damage!  He can tear our ships apart with only a few shots!  Be careful, and form up!  Do not go at him alone.

This is nice to have… but is it a bit too meta?

Agreed. I’m okay with the briefings and debriefings being a little longer, and likewise for important game events (e.g. captain dead). But the comms that happen in the middle of combat could be a little tighter. 

This is nice to have… but is it a bit too meta?

I mentioned it because I think it’s good to know what’s going on.  It could be, but I don’t think it’s inappropriate by any means.

I mentioned it because I think it’s good to know what’s going on.  It could be, but I don’t think it’s inappropriate by any means.

I’d agree that its definitely not inappropriate. I’m just wondering if there was a nicer way of bringing it across that’s less meta, and at the same time wouldn’t fly over the heads of players who need to know this bit of info.