Fix dreadnought matchmaking

fighting vs higher tier is lots of fun… especially vs t5 thargas

Can the Thar’ga pilots enter into SecCon queue as rank 9s and then change their rank in edit roundel to  rank15 before launch of battle ??

3 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Can the Thar’ga pilots enter into SecCon queue as rank 9s and then change their rank in edit roundel to  rank15 before launch of battle ??

No, r15 wings are just matched against r9 wings.

But enemy wing was a mixed one from rank 9 ships over rank 11 Sawtooth to rank 15 Targas, is it a hack? I thought we had this +|- 3ranks restriction for squads and wings? Our wing was only tier3 (ranks 7,8,9)

avarshina, MM joins different squads. Maybe they were playing for different sectors and they end playing together.

Fighting against t5 tharga is “fun”, but it doesn’t matter. I don’t think i had a chance to win my last sector conquest. it’s not only the ship, but the skill of players using them.

Problem is these guys which tier breached, so to say, were ouŕ hardest competitors.  I just wonder if the new SecCon can be hacked or circumvented to get best results by usíng t5 ships against t3 defenders of a sector. That would be unfair.

15 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Problem is these guys which tier breached, so to say, were ouŕ hardest competitors.  I just wonder if the new SecCon can be hacked or circumvented to get best results by usíng t5 ships against t3 defenders of a sector. That would be unfair.

Its completely random in my opinion. After few uneven battles my clan decided to not bring t3 into dreads at all, but t4.

inb4 Cinammon say, “but but…buffs to resistances and damage…”

Sector Conquest is in test mode according to devs. So it isn’t finished (The game won’t be finished ever, either). R15 players were playing for T5 sectors and they get better results if they face rank9 or rank12 ships. That’s for sure. But the problem isn’t only the ships, but their strategy. Their knowledge of the mechanic of dreads. How to win fast and easy. Where to strike first and their pilots’s skill.

Btw, anybody knows if the dread is also “improved”? I mean fighting against r15 tharga is a thing, but having a t3 dread against a t5 dread is even more “fun”.Have they any chance?

It’s added for review and please don’t insult anyone with topic names next time Mosquito.

Well, we recently separated SecCon matchamaking by 2 time windows and now t3 can’t play at the same time as t5, also ships get bonuses when playing against more powerful opponent. I belive we’re still far away from the end of experimenting with SecCon mode, we’re keeping eye on it and trying to react as soon as we can on feedback ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

On 3/13/2017 at 1:26 PM, CinnamonFake said:

Well, we recently separated SecCon matchamaking by 2 time windows and now t3 can’t play at the same time as t5, also ships get bonuses when playing against more powerful opponent. I belive we’re still far away from the end of experimenting with SecCon mode, we’re keeping eye on it and trying to react as soon as we can on feedback ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Well, it still sucks ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)You can do basic things as not putting any other ship in a game of a limited rank range. That would be a good experiment I’d say. The bonuses suck and are being exploited. So we look forward to this being fixed in the next patch.

Let me explain if it doesn’t sink in. Rank 10-12 = ONLY RANK 10-12

With all due respect.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:51 PM, Rob40468 said:

inb4 Cinammon say, “but but…buffs to resistances and damage…”

On 3/13/2017 at 1:26 PM, CinnamonFake said:

also ships get bonuses when playing against more powerful opponent.