FATAL GAME CRASH (Mac Shutdown/Freeze)

When playing Star Conflict, in ANY game mode, my computer will either FREEZE or CRASH RANDOMLY

Now let me explain something very important… when an application forces a computer to hard shutdown… that is the WORST possible thing…

Understand… in a Mac… the worst error is called a Kernel Panic. This will freeze state of computer, instructing you to shutdown and restart.

Looks like this (http://preview.tinyurl.com/y8blo645)

Now when a computer crashes WITHOUT WARNING! Then it is SO serious… the computer literally stopped working… the ones-and-zeros stopped flowing… INSTANTLY powering off system. Never… NEVER… have I ever seen a computer shutdown so quick.

That was crashing…

Other times it PERMANENTLY freezes… and yes… I have waited exactly 112 mins before giving up on it loading. So the ONLY way to get past it… is to force shutdown computer. The freeze is exactly as if the computer paused… however, things in the background keep working (music, etc…)

Now… this has happened SIX (6) times… THIS SESSION!!!

Understand… that means close to 20+ times TOTAL.… this has been worst…

Only have past 6 logs… will upload.

The point of this LONG paragraph is to stress the importance of FIXING IT!

Ok… if you are… THEN TELL US! TELL US! THERE IS NO ELSE TO BLAME BUT YOU FOR IT NOT BEING FIXED!!!

If you are working on it… great… PLEASE tell us of your progress.

• REPRODUCING -

There have been some patterns that happen with it crashing.

1. Usually using a missile… (IMPORTANT)

It seems to happen RIGHT before impact, about a ways away but not too far… limit of area debuff and close proximity area.

1. Happens in lots of player filled areas.

there is no noticeable frame-rate drop though.

Now, I AM using an older Mac, BUT, no app, should EVER… EVER force shutdown before kernel panic… 

Now

• SUGGESTIONS -
  1. Have mode where textures are even less… and yes that is possible.

2. Remove fancy math… make the game less cpu intensive if possible.

3. last but not least… FIX IT! lol

I sincerely appreciate the people who look at this… and the debs who have MADE such an amazing game… I would NEVER go to such lengths to fulfill one of these numerous bug reports if I did not believe in this game…

Make us proud. Do the right thing. Let us _ PLEASE PLAY THE GAME!!! _

Thank you for your time

-Spirin1224

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15274)

[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15275)

59aa51c67a4f8_ComputerInfo.png.c75163bca5ab0c4bcad00c802c7c3c9c.png

[Logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15277)

[System Crash Logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15278)

First of all, calm down, the sky is not going to fall, that kind of error is what we people that live in the Windows utopia call a BSoD, or a Blue Screen of Death.

Now for performance issues, the game is not that demanding, but if you use an integrated graphics card then don’t expect to run it smooth, the sudden shutdown could also be because of thermal or power throttling due to the graphics card being overloaded, but that is unlikely to happen if you play on the minimum graphic settings, I mean, the card doesn’t even have a GB of RAM, I hope you haven’t paid over 500$ for that, assuming that your RAM is half decent and that you run an SSD, if not, you have been riped-off by Apple.

Lastly, making an essay and using WACKY FORMATTING won’t make them fix it faster, that is of course if this is an error and not your computer heavily underperforming on a game that is not even AAA.

I used my laptop for the first year and it has Intel HD Graphics 3000 like yours with i5 processor, again, like yours, and I had to code an application to make my CPU fan speed 100% while gaming so that it wouldn’t overheat, lag out, crash, etc…

I had to turn the graphics ALL the way down with resolution of 1280x720 which gave me ~15 fps normally and ~25 on a good day. I could have turned down the resolution more but I cant stand stretched screens.

Check that heat is not an issue. Check drivers etc.

Finally, you are on a MAC. You seem surprised that you are having troubles playing a game like this on it. LOL

His system specs are not supported nor strong enough to run reliably.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:18 AM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

First of all, calm down, the sky is not going to fall, that kind of error is what we people that live in the Windows utopia call a BSoD, or a Blue Screen of Death.

Now for performance issues, the game is not that demanding, but if you use an integrated graphics card then don’t expect to run it smooth, the sudden shutdown could also be because of thermal or power throttling due to the graphics card being overloaded, but that is unlikely to happen if you play on the minimum graphic settings, I mean, the card doesn’t even have a GB of RAM, I hope you haven’t paid over 500$ for that, assuming that your RAM is half decent and that you run an SSD, if not, you have been riped-off by Apple.

Lastly, making an essay and using WACKY FORMATTING won’t make them fix it faster, that is of course if this is an error and not your computer heavily underperforming on a game that is not even AAA.

No, I am calm… however it still is quite vexing, it is a serious issue. the BSoD is NOT the same for a Mac. The WACKY FORMATTING t Is used to place proper emphasis on the most important thing… notice… I DID NOT… place entire SENTENCES or PARAGRAPHS in CAPITALS…

Second… a Macbook computer is capable of almost anything… it won’t play well… maybe 2 fps… but it WILL WORK…

I have played Subnautica on this computer, even when it had 4 GBS OF RAM!

It NEVER, EVER, CRASHED MY MACBOOK! EVER!

It is a software flaw… granted I could go out and buy a new 1500$ macbook, or I could choose not to play this game… I PREFER to play the game, the evidence that every other game I have EVER played, NEVER crashed like this. I ran hardware checks and nothing is broken or damaged (corrupt). I believe that the developers can take a look-see, as I am not the only one having this problem.

and yes xxxConflictionxxx, I am surprised that the game CRASHED, MY COMPUTER! Not surprised that it can barely handle the game, or it is slow, glitchy, etc…

It is the crashing that concerns me.

However, I do thank you all for the timely replies, I do hope I haven’t hurt anyone’s feelings, and that this will eventually get fixed!

sorry, I have MacBook Pro  2017 on top modificed  ( https://www.apple.com/cz/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=Z0UB&step=attach ) and  me crash too… error is in game not in Mac…

thx for some support ( I 2x reinstall game but errors not fixed. sorry for my language I’m CZ