[F]Unable to startm, says rendering error, everything is updated o0

anything else you can try to fix this or anything?

Post your hardware specifications, sounds like a graphics card problem.

Rendering error means that your Graphics card can’t handle what the game is throwing at it.

Please list your PC specs.

This message mostly appears when your grafic device is not supported.

what it says, graphics looks pretty low for it not to support it

The grafics a look amazing if you run the game on high details. Just tell me which grafic device you are using.

gforce 6150se 430

Is it onboard?

what u mean.

The grafic card you use is not very strong, so I think it won’t be able to handle the game.

hmm weird, oh well, guess they shouldve thought about that when they made this game peace

Hardware gets old after a couple of years and it is impossible to make every game run on old hardware.

make a programm / game runable on every hardware? there’s a law of computer sience which says: every two years the computing power of processors doubles…try to adapt to this…it’d be at some point a waste of resources…

however star conflict runs great even on mid range graphics, such as the about 2 years old ati radeon mobillity 5650 with 1 gb ded. RAM - i believe it would also work with the most recent processor own graphics like the intel hd 4000 or an amd equivalent

i’d rather see devs not rely on win API when writing their code - it’s really not hard to develop for more than one platform hey

i’d rather see devs not rely on win API when writing their code - it’s really not hard to develop for more than one platform hey

It’s planned to mac the game also work on mac in the future.

whatever works on mac should work on linux with minimal effort - i assume it is written in c++ so porting should not be any issue

whatever works on mac should work on linux with minimal effort - i assume it is written in c++ so porting should not be any issue

Perhaps there will also be linux support after that. At the moment there are no detailed plans about it.

If it is c++ and not much winAPI I can offer support for porting to Linux. I understand that is possibly a one or two person job for a couple of weeks depending on the portability of the third party libraries used and i can only offer part time. Anyhow, instead of no one working on it I think it is an improvement having half a person looking at it. I am (happily) full employed so I am not looking for a job opportunity, I simply want to make this game available to more people. I have the skills for this (actually i am considerably overqualified). I can send a skill list if this becomes considered. Don’t know if this can be achieved legally but hey I’m just putting it out there.