[F]Unable to Locate Component-XINPUT1_3.dll

I downloaded the latest launcher (I downloaded it three days ago) It is version (Live) StarConflict 0.5.2.14857. I waited until all of the files were downloaded until it said “download complete” So, I just clicked “play”. But, a window appeared and it was titled “game.exe- Unable To Locate Component” There was a icon of a red “x” and it said beside it “This application has failed to start because XINPUT1_3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.” I closed the window and started up the launcher again. I then clicked “repair”, thinking that may fix the problem. The exact same window appeared.

I next deleted all the files that the launcher downloaded and re-installed everything. The same exact things happened.

By the way, there was no shortcut found after installation, so I had to start the launcher up. I use Windows Vista Home Basic on a Lenovo Laptop.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help me!

Can you try to update/reinstall your direct x?

The shortcut issue is already known.

Where can I find my direct x file?

actually, I fixed it. Now, there is another problem. Right after the cinematic finishes, the program stopped working.

So how eh… did you fix it? Because I’m having the exact same problem as in OP.

So how eh… did you fix it? Because I’m having the exact same problem as in OP.

Reinstalling Direct X should solve this.