[F]Possible fix for Assertion Error! works for me.

Tried to play all day with it crashing every single time. finally stopped the crashing for me. hopefully it works for you.

I’ve tested in fullscreen, windowed border, windowed full screen border. Everytime i get that assertion error.

I’m at 1366x768 resolution (have tried 1600x900 as well) with AA off, AF off, everything at lowest. and it plays really good, but after patch it crashes every match.

well i put the shadows to MED and left shaders LOW aa OFF everything else the same(lowest, no vsync)

and… the game does not crash. :slight_smile: granted… i have a small fps hit on my core i5 :confused: but i can play it! 

now i tested a couple times in windowed fullscreen border mode with everything low except shadows at MEDIUM and played 3 matches great. then i tried another match and during that match switched the Shadows low and as soon as i hit apply it crashed with the assertion succeeded error. repeated this step and got the same results.

Hopefully this will help. would very much like to use my new ship without lagg :wink:

i am playing on a lenovo laptop

Core i5 2450M 2.5ghz

integrated graphics

4gb ddr3

500gb 7200rpm hdd

win 7 64bit

1366x768 resolution

Might help if you have similar specs.

There’s your problem right there…integrated graphics and a laptop CPU.  I have to keep my laptop on a stand to keep it from overheating too much especially since some of the exhaust vents are on the bottom of the computer.  Have you tried increasing the virtual memory available for the integrated graphics?  You basically use hard drive space to help speed up graphics processing.

yeah but it’s nowhere near as fast using hard drive memory. And the intel i5 plays l4d2 maxed and this game on low with really good fps. so it’s NOT my gpu that’s a problem lol. only since patch but they fixed it now. so all good :slight_smile: