Hi, I’ve got a macbook laptop hooked up to an external monitor most of the time.
The game boots up ok on that one but when you shut down the game, disconnect the monitor and then restart the game client from Steam the game seems to be getting rendered to a non-existant display.
- I can hear the splash screen music playing
- There apple menu bar has gone away
- The game icon shows up in the dock
- it accepts keyboard input (most importantly, command-q)
… but no game is displayed on the laptop’s screen.
After reconnecting the external monitor I can restart the client and it renders the game to the external monitor.
Things I have tried:
- ‘gather displays’ and ‘detect monitors’ from the system preferences
- changing the display resolution
- restarting steam
Here’s my system specs:
Macbook Pro 2.2 i7