[F]Kicked out of a game, lost contract money/reputation/exp/etc

All day I’ve had some issues with lag, but earlier today there was a complete and utter server failure that kicked out a bunch of people in a game, held them unable to start new games for ~5 minutes, and denied them all experience, money, etc.

Worse yet, if we completed contracts then the contracts went on cooldown but we didn’t get any reward - so we’re missing tens of thousands of dollars, thousands of reputation, and can’t fulfill the contracts for days.

I’ve only been playing for three days. This is ridiculous

All day I’ve had some issues with lag, but earlier today there was a complete and utter server failure that kicked out a bunch of people in a game, held them unable to start new games for ~5 minutes, and denied them all experience, money, etc.

Worse yet, if we completed contracts then the contracts went on cooldown but we didn’t get any reward - so we’re missing tens of thousands of dollars, thousands of reputation, and can’t fulfill the contracts for days.

I’ve only been playing for three days. This is ridiculous

Yeah that is unfortunate, the game was much more stable about a month ago, you are simply experiencing the instability of the new patch.

Give the devs some time, they are working on a new patch as we speak and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were working on the servers as well.

Yeah, I suppose. I guess it just irks me that I lost quite a bit of time :[

Could you upload the logs from the crash dates?

They should be located on My Documents/My Games/Star Conflict/Logs