[F]Can't launch client on OS X from Steam

Today I haven’t been able to launch the client on OS X from Steam. I started steam and noticed that Star Conflict downloaded a 6.6mb update. It launched successfully the first 2 times, but in-game I got the “dunk” error sound every time I pressed a key (meaning that action isn’t allowed in OS X). Annoyed by this, I tried re-launching the game several times, and on the 3rd try it just refused to launch. The icon pops up in the dock, but when I right click it I see “Application not responding”.

I tried deleting the user data in Application Support/StarConflict, which didn’t seem to help, and also tried restarting both steam and my computer. I also tried re-installing star conflict.

Character Name: phosphoer

What did I expect to see: The client launching

What Happened: The client didn’t launch (plus the weird error sound on every keypress the first time it launched)

Last action: Restarting the game several times trying to get rid fo the keypress sound

Reproduceable: Not sure, I just whatever update steam downloaded and that seemed to mess things up.

Launcher log: I can’t seem to find it. I checked in the steamapps/common/star conflict folder and also the ApplicationSupport/StarConflict/ folder.

System Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512mb, running OS X 10.8.2

EDIT:  I got it to launch by reinstalling again and making sure that all files were deleted, but I’m still getting the keyboard error sound on every keypress. Any ideas on that?

post-235407-0-73922700-1363039991.png

[game.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5641)

Same here :confused: No idea how to fix it.

Are you referring to the not able to launch or keyboard bleep?

I am having the same issue with the keyboard bleep, the game doesn’t seem to respond to anything I do other than bleep at me :confused:

Made a post about it before seeing this here 

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/18272-cant-login/

For now the only workaround is to mute your alert volume (http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/18207-osx-client-beeping-at-every-keyboard-entry/)