[F]Binding to mouse wheel

Hi, I’m trying to bind “turn up” and “turn down” to my mouse wheel but it does not work.  I used to bind them to weapon modifiers and they worked fine.  Do you know what’s the reason for this?

What do you mena by “turn up/down”? the same thing what you do when aim aim mouse up or down? In that case use logic, how buttons, scroll wheel and mouse behave. 

buttons are click or click and hold.

sroll weel up/down is rapid clicks

mouse is… well… mouse

You dont have the abilty to keep scroll weel up/down pressed down.

Ohai Kommy.

You used to be able to bind stuff to Mouse Wheel Up/Mouse Wheel Down, but something happened in v0.8.4 or v0.8.5 which causes you to be unable to bind anything to Mouse Wheel Up/Mouse Wheel Down.

We no longer have multiple weapon modifiers or missiles.  I never thought of using the scroll wheel for that.  Too late now…

Turn up and Turn down are ship movement options in the keybind menu.  You can bind a key such as an arrow key to point the front of the ship up or down.  This is the same as moving your crosshair to the top or bottom of the screen.  I want to bind this key to the mouse scroll so I can aim independently from ship movement.  I would do this using the keyboard key but I have only so many fingers on my left hand…

My question is why doesn’t the keybind work the same way on the key board as on a scroll wheel?  It is possible to bind the keys to the scroll wheel but they have no effect.  I was hoping that the scroll wheel would function the same as rapidly clicking a keyboard key.

autohotkey

even if you could bind mousewheel, some mice have a bug which can scroll the wheel in the opposite direction immediately after you scroll it. it can do this multiple times until you scroll the wheel the other way. the only way i found to fix it is to prevent the wheel from activating again after you press it for a small duration. it can be as low as 100 ms or even less.

in the example below, it strafes up/down which are bound to the [and] bracket keys in star conflict (my setup). it strafes for 1 second, which i find to be an acceptable level so you don’t have to keep scrolling the wheel like a madman either to strafe 1 meter… :\

;-------------------- Star Conflict --------------------
#IfWinActive ahk_class game_main_window

WheelWait := False

WheelUp::
If (WheelWait = False)
{
	WheelWait := True
	SetTimer, WheelTimer, -1000
	Send {[ down}
	Sleep, 1000
	Send {[ up}
}
return

WheelDown::
If (WheelWait = False)
{
	WheelWait := True
	SetTimer, WheelTimer, -1000
	Send {] down}
	Sleep, 1000
	Send {] up}
}
return

WheelTimer:
WheelWait := False
return

oh, for some extra trivia: to zoom in/out (even if you unbind the keys in options screen) hold down the shift, ctrl or alt keys and scroll the mousewheel… presto… magic zoom :smiley:

now all i need to buy is a set of rudder peddals to control roll :\ doing strafe+roll on keyboard at the same time is pretty hard lol.

Also; 0.9.0 fixed it, you can bind to mouse wheel up/down once again.