[F]Assist kills and full kills

Hi, first time I post something around here, I read a lot but never reported anything.

Well, here is the thing.

With the new patch the kills go 60 exp points for assit and 100 for kill the enemy, but seems a little unfair in some cases, here is why.

Supposse that u’re in a dogfight int vs int and you manage to bring the enemy shield and half hull down, then an ally come into play and assist in the dogfight giving the final blow, then the newcomer win the kill exp bonus and you win the assist exp, soo, shouldn’t it be like u win the kill exp and the ally the assist exp ? shouldn’t be a rule saying that if you do i.e 55% of the total damage ( or the most damage in an unbalenced battle like 3 vs 1 ) that you win the kill exp bonus and the others that assist you the other bonus exp ?

The other day I saw a kill that the assist do like 80%-90% of the total damage and he got the assist exp bonus not the kill enemy bonus ( can’t remember very well if the display was this way or was “kill 20%-10% damage” )

Hope I’m not reading wrong the incoming text of the kills, if so, please forgive me and dismiss this topic

also sry form me english I’m a spanish speaker xD

completely on board with this 1.

they tried to balance assist/kills already and its realy alot better now,but the point of most damage still stands.

51%+ should get the kill, for example:

today i shot a frig for about 15 seconds untill i got it to almost no hull left, heres the kicker, sombody shot

it and got the kill, text : “someone” has killed “blahblah” 1.x% with 1 assist “Wardrive” 98.x%

i did 98.x%… alone… and got a lame 60 exp for it. its not the first time it happened, and im sure people are expriencing it aswell.

i get that “last hit” matters because ships can heal or w/e but some scenarios are just ridiculus (see above :expressionless: ).

this can also prevent “sniper” kill stealing and eliminate that kind of griefing.

That’s exactly my point, how a 98% damage can be an assist kill, it’s like, “c’mon men I do all the job” xD

Maybe with the repair thing should work like a count reset after 5sec or something like that, if the target don’t receibe any kind of damage within 5sec then the internal clock with the damage count reset and start again when the target is hit, that way also if the target try to flee another pilot can assist you by launching a missile or hittin the target with another weapon and the counter keep alive for you to the kill and the other for the assist

they should implement a system based on damage done.

since my knowledge of the actual system is limited (anyone knows where to get a decent manual of this game?) i will post how i think it should be

when kill:

% of damage done as exp

when damaged: did damage but could not finish him and got away for more than 10 secs without getting damaged again.

1/4 the reward

as an example, a ship that gives 100 exp when killed.

if ship A removes 60% of his hp and ship B removes 40% then ship A gets 60 exp and ship B gets 40 exp

if ship A removes 60% of his hp and ship B removes 39% (enemy ship survives) then ship A gets 15 exp and ship B gets 10 exp

they should implement a system based on damage done.

since my knowledge of the actual system is limited (anyone knows where to get a decent manual of this game?) i will post how i think it should be

when kill:

% of damage done as exp

when damaged: did damage but could not finish him and got away for more than 10 secs without getting damaged again.

1/4 the reward

as an example, a ship that gives 100 exp when killed.

if ship A removes 60% of his hp and ship B removes 40% then ship A gets 60 exp and ship B gets 40 exp

if ship A removes 60% of his hp and ship B removes 39% (enemy ship survives) then ship A gets 15 exp and ship B gets 10 exp

This way you will still get less xp if someone comes in a battle you could easly win and may also give too low xp in case of, for example, 5 assists.

Anyway there was written they will fix the assists in the next patch, if I recall correctly

There was a little assist bug by using the desintegrator. This should be fixed in this patch.

There was a little assist bug by using the desintegrator. This should be fixed in this patch.

Ah, my bad then, I thought devs were updating the assist system!

Edit: Oh @ post above - cool, then yes - hopefully the patch corrected it. :smiley:

Yeah I have had this happen to me too, I am guessing that the kill shot might take the kill exp, instead of simply the percentage of damage done.

Like the others have mentioned, I think this would be more logical if the majority percentage got the kill exp (even though the final shot is technically the kill).

Nice to see that there’s gonna be a fix for this issue. But may I ask, this is gonna affect all the kills or only the desintegrator issue ?

There was an assist bug where the desintegrator could give you up to 5 or more assists per kill and this bug should be fixed.

So, is only the desintegrator issue, not what I say in the first post, thx for the reply

What you mentioned is not a bug, it is the current system :wink:

I know is not a bug, just seems a little unbalanced and unfair, that’s what I state and why I put it here. Just wanted to know that, if this is the current system is ok, is working the way is intended to. Again, thx for the reply

At the moment it is working as intended, but it could be changed in the future.

not sure what most of these people are talking about. at times i get as high as 120 on assist kills.

not sure what most of these people are talking about. at times i get as high as 120 on assist kills.

Basically what the OP is saying is that for the person that does the higher percentage of damage they should get the kill exp and anyone else should get the assist.