Extended Hull premium module

Hi, 

this topic revolves around the extended hull premium module and its impact on factions regarding open space. 

Originally I planned to get a rank 15 Jericho premium fighter/interceptor primarily for open space once I’d achieve the required faction rank. (The reason to choose Jericho was twofold; 1) visuals and 2) the fact that I value shields higher than hull due to easier regeneration and being the first defensive barrier)

However I just now realized that Jericho ships do not have a single hull modifier slot even on the highest ranked ships which is sadly required for the extended hull module providing the +3 cargo slots. 

If you plan on mix-maxing the cargo slots like I do then Jericho ships disqualified themselves and I’m forced to rank up & take either Empire or Federation… 

I do realize restricting this module to hull slots makes sense and that there’s no obvious way to improve the situation but I do consider it a major flaw regarding balance for reasons mentioned above.

Perhaps a possible solution could look like this:

• add a single hull slot to Jericho ships
  • add a single shield slot to Empire ships
  • either add a single hull/shield slot to Federation ships or let the players decide what they prefer for each ship (just like it’s already the case with destroyers)
  • restrict - if not already the case - to a single extended hull module per ship

This would of course buff the durability of interceptors/fighters/frigates in both pve and pvp but imho that’s not a bad thing considering the massive gap to destroyers.

on a side note a question… If you stack modules like the auxiliary shield projector “each one’s effectiveness is reduced to 90%”. So how does stacking the extended hull module work? Does the hull durability get reduced but the cargo slots are retained? Is it even possible to add more than one of them to the same ship? Elaboration on this would be highly appreciated.

The module should be made so that the “Extended Part” can be fit in either shields or hull. Never thought of it but you are right since r15 premium jericho interceptors and fighters can not use it.

However if you want efficiency in open space, you better go with a federation tackler. Having more survivability, especially in the form of shield volume, is irrelevant in open space in most cases.

I believe you keep having more cargo slots without any reduction (so, 3 with each extended hull)) until you get a total of 18 slots, then you get nothing. (I think it was 18 slots, might be something different) The hull volume should be getting diminished by 10% for 2 and 20% for 3 extended hulls.

well allowing to use a module in two different slots would certainly be a good solution however it would (from a programming perspective) probably require a major overhaul of the current module system which restricts to a single slot… 

do you base your recommendation on the special module (stealth) or the tackler-specific ones (drones)? Up until now i’m not really a fan of either of them. 

regarding stacking the module I expected the same tho the ingame tooltip does not clarify it… other than the limit being in fact 16 slots. 

The module should be made so that the “Extended Part” can be fit in either shields or hull. Never thought of it but you are right since r15 premium jericho interceptors and fighters can not use it.

However if you want efficiency in open space, you better go with a federation tackler. Having more survivability, especially in the form of shield volume, is irrelevant in open space in most cases.

I believe you keep having more cargo slots without any reduction (so, 3 with each extended hull)) until you get a total of 18 slots, then you get nothing. (I think it was 18 slots, might be something different) The hull volume should be getting diminished by 10% for 2 and 20% for 3 extended hulls.

Hi, 

this topic revolves around the extended hull premium module and it’s impact on factions regarding open space. 

Originally I planned to get a rank 15 Jericho premium fighter/interceptor primarily for open space once I’d achieve the required faction rank. (The reason to choose Jericho was twofold; 1) visuals and 2) the fact that I value shields higher than hull due to easier regeneration and being the first defensive barrier)

However I just now realized that Jericho ships do not have a single hull modifier slot even on the highest ranked ships which is sadly required for the extended hull module providing the +3 cargo slots. 

If you plan on mix-maxing the cargo slots like I do then Jericho ships disqualified themselves and I’m forced to rank up & take either Empire or Federation… 

I do realize restricting this module to hull slots makes sense and that there’s no obvious way to improve the situation but I do consider it a major flaw regarding balance for reasons mentioned above.

==> As a quick help for your efforts to gather ores and blueprints in Open Space, I suggest to plan your route and your location.

* A help would be the List of Cargo Drone locations  - Cargo Drones give you the opportunity to send home your cargo (for a 10% fee, that is), usually the c. drones are located near certain warp gates.

* General rule here is : premium Spatial Scanner (for the CPU passive module slot) is imho more crucial than the extended hull

==> For your tactics to gather stuff in open space, I would like to suggest to you to read Orca’s wonderful How to “Open Space” - it has been a crucial help for me so many times!

* You might want to get:

** a +2 cargo slots premium Federation Tackler fighter ship “Panther” (rank 12, has both CPU and Hull passive-module slots for Spatial Scanner and/or Extended Hull) because it has the cloak escape (“F” key) for difficult situations

** or +2 cargo slots premium Empire Interceptor Recon “Leonina” ship (rank 12, also has both CPU and Hull passive-module slots for Spatial Scanner and/or Extended Hull) because with its special module (“F” key) it can warp out of danger

** or +2 cargo slots premium Empire engineer ship “Brokk” (rank 13, has both CPU and Hull passive-module slots for Spatial Scanner and/or Extended Hull) because it can equip the active Engineer module Warp gate to  warp out of danger but has decent fire power for kill enemy ships missions

** or +2 cargo slots premium Federation engineer ship “Polus” (rank 12, also has both CPU and Hull passive-module slots for Spatial Scanner and/or Extended Hull) because it can equip the active Engineer module Warp gate to  warp out of danger but has decent fire power for kill enemy ships missions

==> Since Star Conflict 1.3.4 (and on) players can farm best all resources required for ship building in post-battle trophy search in PvP (Skirmish), PvE (Missions) and CO-OP (Versus AI) game modes starting with rank 6 ships:

* [Monocrystals](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24723-alien-monocrystals/page-2) (with: maximal leveled up ships of rank 7 and up)

==> Since Star Conflict 1.3.4 (and on) players can farm best all resources required for destroyer manufacturing in post-battle trophy search in PvP (Skirmish), PvE (Missions) and CO-OP (Versus AI) game modes:

* Neodium (with: rank 8 ships, max. leveled up)

* Beryllium (with: rank 11 ships, max. leveled up)

Hope that helps!

P.S.: The only exception of this true observation of yours is the Jericho premium ship “Scimitar”, a guard frigate (T4 rank 12). It has both passive module slots for CPU module like the Spatial Scanner, and Hull modules, like the Extended Hull

do you base your recommendation on the special module (stealth) or the tackler-specific ones (drones)? Up until now i’m not really a fan of either of them. 

I have to say all together. Here is why;

I don’t see open space as a way of fun so I’m keeping my undocked time at minimum. Open space is about farming (except for pirating which I’m not doing) and farming is almost never fun. So I only care about efficiency (time) instead of “what I want to play to have fun” in open space. If being as fast as possible makes me shave something like 10mins in open space, I get to spend those 10 mins in pvp that I enjoy.

Special Module - Stealth, most of the times, lets you run away from destruction that would waste precious time if happens even with duplicators. With a little bit of distraction, you can find yourself in the arms of a predator or a pirate player.

You also get to completely avoid an entire sector of dangers (ai, player) if you wish so. Regular 18 seconds stealth combined with 700 speed is enough to fly from gate to another in stealth in most sectors. (Especially fed sectors seem to be bigger than others.)

Speed - Capping afterburner speed at 700 by a cruise engine is probably the biggest time advantage. Not hard to achieve this speed in a high rank fed tackler. You will hear people talking about their destroyers, engineers or even recons having warp modules but you move in 700 speed ALL the time without any cooldowns. To give an example you can move around 13 km in 18 seconds which is the regular stealth duration. Energy regeneration rate must be adjusted via modules and crew implants aswell but it is not a huge task with tackler afterburner energy bonus.

Drones - Having both drones as your active modules gives you kind of a “base” in that area with a relatively short cooldown. Drones do great damage to slow moving ai. Even heavy drone manages to land the majority of its hits. 2 drones are usually enough to kill a 4-6 ship pack of enemy ai in lower sectors.

Best part is that when things start going south and you stealth your way out of certain death, your drones will still hit the enemy as long as they are alive, granted they dont survive long when they are focused.

You don’t actually need as much damage or survivability in os as you would need in pvp or pve. Most incoming damage is avoidable or easily out-healed when you get the last 2 actives as shield booster and repair kits. Damage isn’t much of an issue because singularity cannon makes quick work of enemy ai and there will be drones doing damage for you. Of course, having more of both is better without any disadvantages. A common disadvantage of having more survivability and/or damage is having less speed which is the worst for me.

You could also reach or get very close to 700 speed with an interceptor but those have smaller cargo bays and even smaller health pools. I never felt like I needed more rotation or strafe speed in os at all.