Explaining the games problems

Unless the game is turn-based, of course

If you balance a game for those with high ping it will make low ping player base overpowered which will lead to utterly demolishing all high ping out of the game anyway. No matter how you build a game high ping will be destroyed by low ping in any PvP game one way or another

Ping is a tech issue, that can be resolved, which is dependent upon multiple server locations. This is the best way to resolve these issues, but the most expensive.

there are specific things that can be done to the players connections to resolve lots of lag, but you dont balance or build a game around these issues, because they are not constant.

for example some times in Sc i have 30 ms, and some times i have 70ms. and while that does not seem like a lot to most, hardcore gamers are very picky about

not gaining another 30 ms, because they can see the difference.

The issue  is not lag really, its interface sluggishness, both on how the game is executing it, and how its mechanically working.

If you balance a game for those with high ping it will make low ping player base overpowered which will lead to utterly demolishing all high ping out of the game anyway. No matter how you build a game high ping will be destroyed by low ping in any PvP game one way or another

Ping is a tech issue, that can be resolved, which is dependent upon multiple server locations. This is the best way to resolve these issues, but the most expensive.

there are specific things that can be done to the players connections to resolve lots of lag, but you dont balance or build a game around these issues, because they are not constant.

for example some times in Sc i have 30 ms, and some times i have 70ms. and while that does not seem like a lot to most, hardcore gamers are very picky about

The issue  is not lag really, its interface sluggishness, both on how the game is executing it, and how its mechanically working.

Ping cannot be resolved without a larger playerbase and isolating players from different parts of the world.

If you don’t think ping is an issue, you haven’t played with 170ms ping as standard.

If you don’t think ping is an issue, you haven’t played with 280ms ping as standard.

Ping is a large issue, But it can be resolved with some changes.

Games like this use motion projections, that predict where the weapons are going (in a game like sc its made more clear by motion predictors) When lag his a player, it makes them miss a lot, But this is largely due to

the fact that things like interceptors are moving insanly fast, Slowing down their speed will make the game naturally equate for that problem.

On top of that the way the motion projections take place, Its a very technical related problem.

In games like eve, they have set the game up to only monitor the space around a ship in which the game scans to see if it can hit something, in games like this, the game is scanning the entire map constantly for that

variable. By resolving this issue, Either by nerfing the firing ranges and setting the game up to use bubbles instead of the entire map, or by changing the way the projections work (or a combo of the two and other stuff)
you can help resolve a lot of the lag feel / problems that are indirectly or directly related. Tihs is the single most important mechanic and contributor to lag in a game

Uhmari - You just suck at this game, stop trying to ‘rework it’

It will be the way it will be, go with it or go back to EVE

It will be the way it will be, go with it or go back to EVE

HE cant :slight_smile: They Corporation was literally erased from the game by goons, adn they could never get over it, destruction was colossal, but instead of acting like grown up, he figured that he just find another game and tries to make another EvE out of it.

HE cant :slight_smile: They Corporation was literally erased from the game by goons, adn they could never get over it, destruction was colossal, but instead of acting like grown up, he figured that he just find another game and tries to make another EvE out of it.

That story must be told, I myself want to know what happened there :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone put it in off topic :wink:

Two things that can be improved:

1. Publicity

I live in North America. This area has a huge gaming population yet I never heard about Star Conflict, nor did I see any ads online. I don’t know about other parts of the world but Star Conflict could use more publicity to gain population. How did I find this game? I heard and saw ads online about War Thunder and how much better it is compared to World of Warplanes. Then I looked up who made War Thunder and what other games they made and saw Star Conflict…

1. Difference between tiers

The current game mechanics and MM system would work well if it was supported by a much larger player base. The problem is that even though new recruits register everyday, not many make it to T3 and above. The higher you go the more you have to wait in queue, especially if you live in North America and play evenings, not to mention if you fly in a squad. This also boils down into SC which is not very enjoyable at higher tiers if one side has T3 and the other has T5. Imagine you start playing this game and spend a month to get a T3 and get into SC just to be squashed by T5’s… I think a lot of issues could be solved or maybe improved if the difference between tiers would be decreased drastically such that difference between Tier X and Tier (X+1) was no bigger than say 2-3%. So if you fly T3 and you do SQ against a T5 the difference in ship stats would be no bigger than 5-6% taking everything into consideration from ship weapons to modules. I think such difference between opponents would be fairly acceptable to most players and would work well in SC. Moreover, this could also make the MM more efficient as it could pair up ships across a much wider spectrum.

1. Publicity

I live in North America. This area has a huge gaming population yet I never heard about Star Conflict, nor did I see any ads online. I don’t know about other parts of the world but Star Conflict could use more publicity to gain population. How did I find this game? I heard and saw ads online about War Thunder and how much better it is compared to World of Warplanes. Then I looked up who made War Thunder and what other games they made and saw Star Conflict…

The game will start having adds once the game is out of beta.

• Yes, some of the problems described here are true.

• The matches are too fast

• Waiting 1 , 2 minutes for a match that ends in maximum 5 minutes is not fun.

• 15 minutes matches should be an objective.

For these to be achieved the damage should be smaller on ships.

The Guards ships are useless

Interceptors are to powerfull.

Gaus gun is useless even after the buff…

Laser weapons for frigates are not powerfull enough. Specially when most ships havea good thermal resistance.

Active modules should have a better reload time.

Missiles cartriges should relaod faster. …  In a common game you only fire 1 or 2 cartriges … cause there are only 5 minutes or in best cases 10 minutes of gameplay.

Laser weapons for frigates are not powerfull enough. Specially when most ships havea good thermal resistance.

Missiles cartriges should relaod faster. … In a common game you only fire 1 or 2 cartriges … cause there are only 5 minutes or in best cases 10 minutes of gameplay.

You sir do not appear to know the T4/5 game balance. Gauss is death to ceptors, guards are common and useful, andmatches are normally longer.

What did I just read?

Gauss bad after the buff?

Interceptors too powerful?

Guard useless?

I dont even… 

Missiles cartriges should relaod faster. …  In a common game you only fire 1 or 2 cartriges … cause there are only 5 minutes or in best cases 10 minutes of gameplay.

I know this has been beaten enough, but: Uhmari, is that you? Trying to reinvent the wheel again?

Guards are good at endgame, on newbie games they are useless.

In lower tiers, also the interceptor is too powerfull.

Gauss should be the bane of everything without shield across all tiers.

Someone lock this thread pls? Brings tears…

Someone lock this thread pls? Brings tears…

Never forget!

What did I just read?

Gauss bad after the buff?

Interceptors too powerful?

Guard useless?

I dont even… 

He probably only flew T2, not more…

After recently jumping into T3, I now know the Truth !  :fed010:

Never forget!

Never forgive!