Engineer Effectiveness

I find it strange that warp gates don’t give synergy and effectiveness per ally that uses them. Or that barriers don’t give syn/eff for damage absorbed with allies around them.

It seems like these modules are underappreciated. I personally find them to be some of the most useful and versatile modules for an engineer.

Until a tai’kin shows up

10 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I find it strange that warp gates don’t give synergy and effectiveness per ally that uses them. Or that barriers don’t give syn/eff for damage absorbed with allies around them.

It seems like these modules are underappreciated. I personally find them to be some of the most useful and versatile modules for an engineer.

Almost all roles have modules that do not give you Synergy and Effectiveness. 

Just now, xKostyan said:

Almost all roles have modules that do not give you Synergy and Effectiveness. 

But there’s a big difference between supporting yourself and supporting your team.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But there’s a big difference between supporting yourself and supporting your team.

Everything you do is Supporting your team, it can be done directly such as AOE auras, buffs or indirectly by being better at your role, like invis on a CovOp or micro warp on a Recon or Overdrive on a gunship.

The engineer effectiveness points are really not important at all but i do agree there should be some extras which will probably come with time. Anyway, i love playing support roles and i get a lot of synergy and points for buffing in a correct manner for max effectiveness of my team and i dont really see a need for more changes, there are pressing matters to attend to and this one will come eventually. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I agree that Engies need synergy buffs. Just look at command fighters, you get LOADS of points just by activating modules and even passive modules give good points.

17 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

I agree that Engies need synergy buffs. Just look at command fighters, you get LOADS of points just by activating modules and even passive modules give good points.

Engineers get the same thing from their auras.

7 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Engineers, or frigates in general, still need a buff in synergy/effectiveness-points!

14 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Oh they do?

I thought they didn’t hmm.

Well either way, it would be nice to have more synergy, however it’s not completely necessary. One thing engies have that commands don’t is firepower, at least you can make assault engineers and gain synergy that way aswell.

29 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Engineers, or frigates in general, still need a buff in synergy/effectiveness-points!

Why? If you play a Guard / LRF in random PvP well you gonna rock top of the chart with currently available tools, guards through AOE dmg and debuffs, LRF on raw dmg and kills.

Well the funny thing is you can gain tons and tons of Synergy “on screen during the battle” but at the reward screen your points are 1/10 of this synergy in terms of contribution and stuff.

Usally when i sit in Engie i stay back/hidden to throw around with my passive healing auras/drones/stations. Depending on the Team and ships it´s easy to make 2k+ minimum BUT i don´t really see this translated into the earning section of the game. No matter if play more aggresive with the engie or passive the points are nearly the same that i earn and mostly i´m in the top last places instead of somewhere in the middle.

44 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Why? If you play a Guard / LRF in random PvP well you gonna rock top of the chart with currently available tools, guards through AOE dmg and debuffs, LRF on raw dmg and kills.

… and Engineer frigates?

Honestly I find that I like Engineers best as attack frigates than as “sit back and heal because you are wimpy” frigates. If you build them right, you can get top scores easily, simply by fighting, not by healing. These days I just use engi heals to heal myself. Any nearby allies that get some are just icing on the cake.

9 minutes ago, avarshina said:

… and Engineer frigates?

May I remind you what you said:

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

Are there any other frigates besides Guards, LRF (which are fine) and Engineers that I am not aware of?

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Are there any other frigates besides Guards, LRF (which are fine) and Engineers that I am not aware of?

Destroyers

9 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Destroyers

zWzofJn.png?1

14 hours ago, xKostyan said:

You are right. I will reformulate then:

15 hours ago, avarshina said:

And let me ask you again what you think of Engineer frigates in this regard?

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

You are right. I will reformulate then:

And let me ask you again what you think of Engineer frigates in this regard?

I think they are no different than ECM or Tacklers, or better due to easy access to AOE buffs.