Engine Overcharge. (make it a tackler module.)

The problem is engine overcharge is neither a gunship module. Gunships are meant to be dogfighters during overcharge and turrets otherwise, but surely not meant for escaping combat when things start turning bad. They are not solo ships but “support” ships, as they have to stay with the team to provide firepower and receive engie/command/guard buffs and protection.

I think you need to learn the definition of a support ship. Support ships are engies, commands, guards, and tacklers, as they are all the most useful when in a group. Gunships work just fine on their own, and the engine overcharge lets them catch up to fleeing enemies or retreat back to the team after pushing on the front lines.

Gunships work well alone and in a group. All the roles in this game work the best when in a group, but some can work very well alone (tackler is not one of them).

I think you need to learn the definition of a support ship.

That’s what the quotes were for. By support I didn’t mean common support ships such as the ones you said.

Gunships, like ecm, manage to be efficient solo but they shine in a group. A solo covops or lrf isn’t really different from one in a team.

Gunships recover everything they lack with buffs (speed, resis, regen) and are the main firepower of a group, so by saying support I was saying there is no point in flying gunships as solo ships (of course you can and it will work perfectly) because they are far better with their team.

And they really don’t need engine overcharge. If they pushed too far behind ennemy lines, they were doing covops, tacklers or recon’s job but surely not theirs. And therefore they shouldn’t be able to flee like nothing happened: they are gunships, not ceptors.

but some can work very well alone (tackler is not one of them).

Tacklers can do work very well alone as long as you don’t suicide attack groups. Pick isolated targets,cloak, get behind, activate debuffs and make them bleed. Only tanks (guards, good engies and commands) can withstand this.

I have seen cruise gunships and cruise commands be extremely successful

Greyser in t4 does a nice job of this on his command ship

This is such a lie. -deleted  due to inappropriate language-. Cruise engine is a great way for players in fighters to make builds that can cross great distances on maps in short amounts of time, while still retaining their status as a fighter. Just because you have a cruise engine doesn’t mean every single playstyle aside from hit-and-run is prevented. You can easily make a cruise engine build that can dogfight without afterburners. The problem with cruise engines in PvP is most players do not understand how to use the module without resorting to hit-and-run/drone pooping tactics.

You basically said what I was saying while at the same time thinking that I said something else…

I never said it prevented other types of strategies to be used, I simply said it hindered them. i.e made them less usable.

Try making a cruise engine build that can outmaneuver my strafe interceptor builds on a tackler. Even a speed build will outmaneuver it.  

Yes, a gunship with cruise engines can be very successful, no they should not be able to dogfight interceptors on a whim while using the cruise engine.

When I think of gunships, I think of a group of ships with large guns popping up in formation, firing all of hell’s dps at an enemy group in a short amount of time. i.e taking them by surprise, and killing as many as possible within their overdrive time. After that, it should be hard for them to run away, in fact, they shouldn’t.

They should keep up the offensive. The only way they should be able to run away properly is with a command, or a cruise engine on all of them, not a module that lets them all get out of that position safely with, likely, no losses. 

Gunships right now, are all cruise engine gunships without the negative effects of using the cruise engine.

Where as the tacklers should have this ability, the gunships should not.

I think you need to learn the definition of a support ship. Support ships are engies, commands, guards, and tacklers, as they are all the most useful when in a group. Gunships work just fine on their own, and the engine overcharge lets them catch up to fleeing enemies or retreat back to the team after pushing on the front lines.

Gunships work well alone and in a group. All the roles in this game work the best when in a group, but some can work very well alone (tackler is not one of them).

Note that ECM’s are also support ships, and that all roles have the ability to work alone.

Even the gunship is a support ship.

In fact, all of the ships should be supporting one another, therefore all of the ships are support.

I would like to tackle most interceptors without using a module that hinders my ability to actually fight them.

I would like to tackle most interceptors without using a module that hinders my ability to actually fight them.

And what prevents you from doing that right now?

The ship’s defenses. 

I can create tacklers that can go above 500, but it costs most of the ship’s actual longevity.

These ships will pop far too easily.

Sure, the federation tacklers can go a bit faster, but it still retains the same cost.

What’s the use of being as fast as most interceptors if you’re going to pop as soon as you meet one?

Even with surprise, a good pilot will use an anti engine-inhibiting effect to get out of whatever slow beam you have on them, 

then you’re basically defenseless for a few seconds. That’s all they need to kill you with these petty defenses, especially with the crit builds.

A good, tanky interceptor won’t even have to try.

I’d personally just turn around and have a firing contest to see who would pop first, and I’d always be the winner as the interceptor. 

The ship’s defenses. 

I can create tacklers that can go above 500, but it costs most of the ship’s actual longevity.

These ships will pop far too easily.

Sure, the federation tacklers can go a bit faster, but it still retains the same cost.

What’s the use of being as fast as most interceptors if you’re going to pop as soon as you meet one?

Even with surprise, a good pilot will use an anti engine-inhibiting effect to get out of whatever slow beam you have on them, 

then you’re basically defenseless for a few seconds. That’s all they need to kill you with these petty defenses, especially with the crit builds.

A good, tanky interceptor won’t even have to try.

I’d personally just turn around and have a firing contest to see who would pop first, and I’d always be the winner as the interceptor. 

So, basically, you want tackler to be the new gunship, instead of a support/disable?

I want the tackler to fight interceptors on equal grounds, more or less.

But it already does

Engine overcharge on tacklers is the most sensible thing you proposed so far, but not really needed. Tacklers do well enough at speed, you won’t be able to reach an intie in a beacon race, but usually you don’t need to. It’s not a racing game. With proper map awareness you’ll know where the inties are going and you can just cross their path. 

Also, i don’t think i’d have a slot for the engine overcharge, even if it was available. 

It does man, you just gotta get the right build/maneuver/map positioning. In a 1v1 i am confident i can kill pretty much anyone in an interceptor, in normal conditions. The ship is only as good as it’s pilot tho, setup wise and combat wise. 

if you want to fight a ceptor in a ceptor, take a CO and fit it for dogfight. or an ecm with pulse lasers. then you have equal terms of speed, size, etc.

a tackler however has the ability to have high speeds, long range or damage, can cloak and slow down the interceptor to “his speed”. if you go for a kill wisely, its usually everything but equal.

tacklers have no modules left to fit a speed module. they are fine overall, just the combination of cruise+drones is annoying (and i think the hype already starts to wear out a bit, since people started to learn to counter them more quickly)

I think you just want a pimped out tackler, fist you wanted mines on tacklers now you want engine overcharge, I fly tacklers myself, and there just fine the way the are, they are not as shield tankie as a commend and they dont have the firepower of gunships, but that is not there role, they are meant for support, and beside tacklers already had there early christmas when they aded a second drone to them and boy that sucker has alot of firepower, a tackler is support and not a swiss army knife 

and Im sure that for next time your going to ask that tackler’s should have a pulsar and be able to used it when cloaked

I think you just want a pimped out tackler, fist you wanted mines on tacklers now you want engine overcharge, I fly tacklers myself, and there just fine the way the are, they are not as shield tankie as a commend and they dont have the firepower of gunships, but that is not there role, they are meant for support, and beside tacklers already had there early christmas when they aded a second drone to them and boy that sucker has alot of firepower, a tackler is support and not a swiss army knife 

and Im sure that for next time your going to ask that tackler’s should have a pulsar and be able to used it when cloaked

Well, you can actually use a1ma right before cloaking to, uh

Yeah, I agree.

I think that’s an overwhelming “no”.   22:3