Ender's Game

_ “Ender’s Game” _

w2iucZf7WwbozTid6et1qYvjDaT4LS.png

Science fiction action film based on the novel of the same name by Orson Scott Card.

Young Ender Wiggin is recruited by the International Military to lead the fight against the Formics, a genocidal alien race which nearly annihilated the human race in a previous invasion.

Event starts - 20:00 (UTC+4) December, 1st; Ends - 20:00 (UTC+4) December, 3rd.

Reward:
First place - 750 Galactic Standards
Second place - 500 Galactic Standards
Third place - 250 Galactic Standards

Rules:

1. A list of questions, which connected to the film, will be published here, you will need to provide the most accurate and correct answers*

2. The first three participants, who gave the most complete and accurate answers, will receive reward in the form of Galactic Standards.

3. Event’s start time is the time of publication of the questions.

* What is the most accurate and correct answer?

For example, the main character name is Amelia Brand.

Q: What is the main character’s name?

Possible answers:

1. Amelia

2. Brand

3. Amelia Brand - he most accurate and correct answer.

You may ask questions and comment in this thread.

Questions

c’mon…

do it with da book!

The book was decent. Not the best. But decent. But the movie, the movie sucked donkeys. The plot was way off from the book and the battleroom was described differently. It’s a large rectangular box.

The book was decent. Not the best. But decent. But the movie, the movie sucked donkeys. The plot was way off from the book and the battleroom was described differently. It’s a large rectangular box.

Aside from the movie not following the book accurately, the movie was still incredible to watch. The special effects were amazing, and the movie itself was entertaining to watch. Far from “sucked donkeys”

Yeah.  Plus, the movie actually brought justice to that final battle.  It was sheer brilliance.

The questions are absolutely worded insane

Urgh. Ender’s Game was a terrible film with no message worth sharing and no thing close to a thought provoking question. I’ve never read the book, but I worked out the “shocking” reveal pretty much as soon as Command School began.

I’ve created more thought provoking plot twists for forum games than that movie did. I can only assume the book did a far better job of it.

Jasan are you a writer or just love to spoil the fun?

He can write if you can tell by his fanfic threads

Aside from the movie not following the book accurately, the movie was still incredible to watch. The special effects were amazing, and the movie itself was entertaining to watch. Far from “sucked donkeys”

Well, I have to admit, when I first saw the movie, I thought it was the biggest disappointment ever. I have never read the book, so it was the whole fast paced story plot, and the relatively flat sci fi background that disappointed me, while also some of the acting was terrible.

After I have read up on the stuff, and watched it again for the quiz, I admit, it’s not that bad, true. But as with many of todays’ celebrities among “good books”, now I whished they would have made a series out of it, with someone on the helm who could re-tell the story, with actors bringing the characters alive, instead of making movies out of it, where they try to establish character backgrounds this fast.

I think 10 yrs ago this movie would have been applauded. But I am not sure, if we still live in the times, where all you need is special effects. Especially if you want to bring a book series alive on the screen. It still works if you put the viewer through hours of Bayhem, but in the end, I think, the movie became a collateral in a change of our reception of media, which is currently changing us and how movies / series are created.

To the updated changes and deviations from the books I can only say, that for the reader, the world is static, and it feels like betrayal. But to a writer, the book is never really finished; Ender’s game in fact was revised by the author himself, to reflect historic changes; similarly, a movie might try to depict an orbital training facility by more modern views, a rectangular box would have been really weird for that, while that space station actually made a lot of sense. Also, that set was pretty awesome with the earth as a skybox.

I don’t know how good is the movie without the book, because I read it first.
As a book it is one of the best sci-fi ever. After the book the movie is crap, specially the end what was pretty bad.

I was sad because the movie was not 3D. I don’t like the 3D so much but the end war could be awesome in 3D…

I have to say this story was really built for a book, and it was really hard to make as a movie, so overall I’m not disappointed about it.

I suggest for all the fans to read the other books too.
I’m really waiting for the continue, the Speakers of the Dead was amazing too.

I’m really waiting for the continue, the Speakers of the Dead was amazing too.

same but Children of the mind was a nice mindfck

I think 10 yrs ago this movie would have been applauded. But I am not sure, if we still live in the times, where all you need is special effects. 

Ender’s Game needed to be made twenty years ago. The whole problem with the climax is how obvious it was. It needed to look and feel false; we needed to see Command School and think “Oh, okay, this is just a really expensive videogame.” It needed to be clearly false so that when it turned out to be real, that revelation would have weight. That, and not having the adult characters constantly looking at the camera and going “ooh! Look how up to something we are!” would have been really nice as well.