Ellydium Ship Tree - Changing (some) nodes will reset an entire ship tree!

Bug report: (pending - in progress)

What happened?

Changing one or more nodes will reset or rather downgrade an entire tree. This applies to Thar’Ga, Tai’Kin and Waz’Got.

Rank 15 can be downgraded by several Ranks, instantly by just changing one small node (bonus effect/defence/offence) that is switched (15 pts.), etc.

This basically means that you must start from 0 for every small change in ship’s configuration. Different Offence or Defence bonuses will do the same, etc.

Example:

Just changing one node for 15 points - Reduced Control effect node (middle-right node): -15% control effects will downgrade Waz’Got for several levels if it has been Rank 15, and so on.

I will gather more data on this.

If anyone can help or provide some examples, feel free to post here.

It’s like this from the beginning. If you change one lower node that the summary of that section will not be enough for the next branch to be activated, selection collapses to that corresponding level.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:47 AM, niripas said:

It’s like this from the beginning. If you change one lower node that the summary of that section will not be enough for the next branch to be activated, selection collapses to that corresponding level.

Well, it used to be less drastic.

When I want to change just one Defence Module that would change nothing in ship’s configuration, like hull resistance to shield resistance, it will basically reset an entire ship’s tree.

this is known – and oain it may be – its a measure to restrict variability and freedom in exchange for more balance, I guess… has been there for longer