[ECONOMY] Salvaging

Well, I just confirmed for myself that for all Tier 1-3 items, you get only 2 resources of the same type. So basically you’d be better off building and salvaging Tier 1 items than Tier 3. Osmium crystals are rare. Metal Blanks and Pure Silicon are from pretty much everything. No Graphite Plates, whatsoever.

It’s only in T4 that you can start salvaging Graphite. And it’s only in Tier 4 that they start giving you 2 resource types.

Furthermore, I just built and salvaged a T5 Passive Armor. I got 2 Graphite and 3 Pure Silicons. Not Metal Blanks.

So they’ve pretty much nerfed this system into the ground, and Graphite Plates and Osmium Crystals are being used as the choke point.

Well, I just confirmed for myself that for all Tier 1-3 items, you get only 2 resources of the same type. So basically you’d be better off building and salvaging Tier 1 items than Tier 3. Osmium crystals are rare. Metal Blanks and Pure Silicon are from pretty much everything. No Graphite Plates, whatsoever.

It’s only in T4 that you can start salvaging Graphite. And it’s only in Tier 4 that they start giving you 2 resource types.

Furthermore, I just built and salvaged a T5 Passive Armor. I got 2 Graphite and 3 Pure Silicons. Not Metal Blanks.

So they’ve pretty much nerfed this system into the ground, and Graphite Plates and Osmium Crystals are being used as the choke point.

The things given by salvaging also tend to change wildly, apparently, so it’s no consistent way of getting resources.

The things given by salvaging also tend to change wildly, apparently, so it’s no consistent way of getting resources.

The same module will always give you the same amount of resources.

Best bang for buck are green selfdestruct module in T5 for plates and chips, and spy drones in T5 for graphite and osmium.

The same module will always give you the same amount of resources.

Best bang for buck are green selfdestruct module in T5 for plates and chips, and spy drones in T5 for graphite and osmium.

Now selfdesctruct V gives 5 computing chips and 5 metal blanks, and spy drones V 3 metal blanks and 2 graphite plates.

Not wildly different, but still.

Just thought i’d double check that and salvaged SD V mk 2 - 2x plates/3x silicon - total cost 302.4k for the resources… guess i’ll be using pvp to fund :slight_smile:

For anyone who wants evidence for this whole salvaging thing being inconsistent:

Now selfdesctruct V gives 5 computing chips and 5 metal blanks, and spy drones V 3 metal blanks and 2 graphite plates.

Not wildly different, but still.

Just thought i’d double check that and salvaged SD V mk 2 - 2x plates/3x silicon - total cost 302.4k for the resources… guess i’ll be using pvp to fund :slight_smile:

13 days apart. Completely different rewards.

the reward of salvaging rotates on a frequent base

Just salvaged my hoard of upgrade kits:

You could just spam click salvage + enter no need to move mouse and right click. faster and easier

the reward of salvaging rotates on a frequent base

Oh is there a reason why ?  As it is a PAIN in the rear too deal with. 

I have wasted some millions on some random T5 mark II loot.

I think that you CANNOT get Screened Battery and Processing Block in T4/T5 mark II equipment or Kits, but ONLY in T4/T5 mark IV equipment or Kits.

T3 is also a possibility, but you will get less types of resources for and less amount from them.

Too bad… that’s why we need [salvageable listed items in the Workshop](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26770-workshop-salvageable-items-should-be-listed-there-to-review-the-list-of-components/?p=317271)!