due to ammunition changes some patches ago singu...

singularity cannon seems a bit more rare in games now, atleast t4-t5. 

the ion emitter has more dps also decreases enemy with 100 resistance “only to that weapon” wich means “almost” same as adding +50% power to it. when it burns. 

singularity projectile speed seems so slow now, this weapon was perfect in close combat but now you get so much damaged before even getting close enough to hit annyone besides frigates!?

the weapon might still be used more in tier 3 where you can get into enemy without them noticing due to many players within the combat zone. but if you do any 4v4 games or so this weapon becomes so useless against anything except frigates. 

frigates usually have more hull tanking than shield tanking, also ion has around 200 more dps and gets a +100 resistance bonus damage when it burns,

i also notice how singularity cannon suddenly deals half the damage against interceptors and somethimes it deals full damage, why is that? my singu has around 3100 dmg per hit, “non critical” but when i hit inty’s it usually deals 700-1000 damage “usually below 1000”, and if critical max around 2000. this is mostly for hull. and maybe 2500 dmg on critical on shield.   and intys usually have 60-80 resistance on hull. 

not many interceptors that i know off that has 150 resistance to em, 

you will need above 200 resistance to take 950 damage from my singu. 

also camo on cov ops, should not be able to be disabled by double clicking because the module does not drain energy when in use. 

I use almost always singularity, the situation is like you describe in t4/t5 and i don’t see nothing wrong with it. To get full damage from a Sing shot you have to take “all” the ship, if you only graze him you will get less damage. In Higher rank where everything is faster than t3, get a “full” shot in 1vs1 with inty it’s not so simple task. 

For the camo modules you’re right, as other module that have the same behavior it’s tricky to use if you accidentally double hit the button.

against normal skilled pilots, this thing wont really hit much. you can shot where the aim is but it wont often hit and this half damage on interceptors makes it same as xxxx. 

i also notice how singularity cannon suddenly deals half the damage against interceptors and somethimes it deals full damage, why is that? my singu has around 3100 dmg per hit, “non critical” but when i hit inty’s it usually deals 700-1000 damage “usually below 1000”, and if critical max around 2000. this is mostly for hull. and maybe 2500 dmg on critical on shield.   and intys usually have 60-80 resistance on hull. 

not many interceptors that i know off that has 150 resistance to em, 

you will need above 200 resistance to take 950 damage from my singu. 

The amount of damage is proportional to the amount of guns you can fire towards the interceptor The ball is always the same size, but most of the time in dogfights people forgets that, even if you fire a blue ball, depending on where are you firing, and the position of the guns in your ship, maybe not all of them are firing so the damage is less.

Singularity is has a bit less DPS than the ions, but ions are really bad as a dogfighting weapon, and they also suck against good inty players. They are very different, but I can’t see why one is better all around than the other.

The Ions are safer vs frigates, because they can’t face torp you, and you can kill them from range, but in close range, you will have a bad time.

i find ion better in dogfighting cause i can turn my mouse like hell. 

i guess what you say makes sence, shoting behind me makes up to 1-2 weapons to fire. so this is why? but still this is interceptors and dogfighting ships, this should only happend on frigates! 

singu cannon is the best dogfighting weapon… that thing is a death machine

Singularity is still a very strong weapon. If you want to dogfight, that’s the weapon you need to go.

You can kill everything that come in contact with you, even interceptors.

Ions, you just can’t kill something expect a bot in low range, and you need a really good aim to take the full use of it against faster ships.

Gauss is the same as Ions expect that you a lower dps, but is much easier to shot at interceptors.

Railguns are average for all. You can defend yourself on a dogfight, and you can hit hard a mid range.