Dreadnoughts Balance Project

To the corporations of Star Conflict,

I would like to take on a matter of investigation to seeing how balanced the current workings of dreadnought play are and would like to request the participation of three corporations. Before you read further, if you feel this is too unfair a test to conduct or that I am asking for corporations to do something they should not be doing or have any other reason to believe there is something wrong with my testing ethic, so be it; please do not reply to this thread except for unless you are either signing up or if you are a member of the community staff or development team. I do not want this thread to overflow.

The method and conditions I would like to conduct this test are as follows:

• All three corporations must have different dreadnought types.
  • All three corporations must have all equipment in Tech Level 3.
  • Every player in the match must have a Tackler. This is to avoid player interaction with AI.
  • Eight players per side. Any more or less and either bots or random players will occur, nullifying the base of which the test is being performed.

There will be 18 matches conducted per dreadnought type, all of which will be as follows by 3 of each:

• Weapons Cooler vs Shield Emitter
  • Weapons Cooler vs Shield Emitter Catalyst
  • Weapons Cooler vs Resistive Coating Emitter
  • Weapons Booster vs Shield Emitter
  • Weapons Booster vs Shield Emitter Catalyst
  • Weapons Booster vs Resistive Coating Emitter

I will personally record all results. All 16 players will be on the same TeamSpeak channel at a time. There will be 54 battles in total.

To CEO’s and Vice Presidents, if you or your corporation show any interest, take into account that I only request that you be able to participate in Empire or Jericho sectors, as Federation is out of my timezone parameters. If you are interested, please tell me:

• your in-game alias as it is seen exactly
  • your corporation’s name and tag
  • your CEO’s in-game alias
  • your position in the corporation.

If you are an officer or regular pilot, please do not solicit me with any response.

Thank you very much and speak soon.

• Sho

good luck with that…

NASA is not participating in this, for a simple reason - we are here to play in our spare time and not to sit for 20 minutes doing nothing, you want these test to be concluded that bad - contact developers.

Thank you for your confirmation. This post and the above may be deleted.

Your intentions are good, i love doing tests like these, but this is way too long to be done just like that. The idea of letting devs test it seems better imo.

Your intentions are good, i love doing tests like these, but this is way too long to be done just like that. The idea of letting devs test it seems better imo.

It does. If the developers are prepared to do 54 dreadnought battles in a whole day, absolutely, I support the prospect. But the key reason is a little bit more personal than just conducting the test and seeing the results on paper…

make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif

It does. If the developers are prepared to do 54 dreadnought battles in a whole day, absolutely, I support the prospect. But the key reason is a little bit more personal than just conducting the test and seeing the results on paper…

You can’t expect 23 other people waste 6 hours (plus just as much of organizational purposes and failed results) of their life doing mindles boredom. can you

You can’t expect 23 other people waste 6 hours (plus just as much of organizational purposes and failed results) of their life doing mindles boredom. can you

Watch me.

That is, unless the developers can conduct this experiment as a 1v1 and just sit there doing nothing.

Watch me.

rc3uo8z.gif