Dont give me many choices

Ok so I read the newest patch and I dont see anything about Workshop having reqs to use, yet my workshop is Grayed out and unusable. Is this a glitch or a game change not covered under the patch info? also, as a beginner can you explain the purpose of having NPC pirate fighters that can 4 shot my Steel Harpy in areas that are suposed to be beginner access? I cant go further until i get past access lvl 6 yet the areas I have to do task and explore are filled with wave after wave of fighters that hit harder than players in PvP with top teir craft. It seems completely unbalanced and makes little sense especially when you are now limiting players to create balance in a game that obviously has none lol. like I said I just started playing and have no clue, I dont expect it to be easy but at the same time, I dont expect to be farmed by a single ship in the mine area thats only 3-4 jumps from the hanger area and only the FIRST SECTOR of the game i can access when im on teir 3 to 4 ships with purple everything almost lol but seriously, the workshop being grayed is why im making this but you dont offer that as a forum option so I figured I’d say something about open space, other than that love the game, and id love to spend money on it but after 4 days to have a change like this im a lil leary and gonna have to wait to see where yall are going with this.

If you were to hover your mouse over the Workshop button, you would see that you need clearance level 6 to unlock it, and by no means you are supposed to use a LRF(or sniper) in Open Space for doing tasks, let alone fighting enemies in the front line, judging by your situation I presume you didn’t even build it properly for that, your best luck is to use a fast and nimble ship.

Or a guard, because literally everyone can play a guard.

well there was nothing in the patch info that explained the workshop is now for clearance 6 and it never popped up, but it is what it is just lame that it suddenly changes and for little or no reason but they felt like it. I’ve used the black hort as well as Zealot AE, and steel harpy ship but in the mine area the pirates 4 shot me and take little to no damage from me. its not a build issue but just an issue that it makes little sense to have such a difficult area in the first sector that i have to go to for daily task. If i cant go past the first sector because im to low level why place mobs that i have no hope of defending myself against at any level the area is supposedly meant for. 

This was changed a longer while ago, since the levels were a thing, anyone that would’ve wanted to access the workshop would have hovered the mouse over it and saw the required level, you get information about almost everything in the game like this, I assume you are talking about the Iridium Mines and if you were to hover over the sector you could see that it’s difficulty rating is high, which means that it’s a dangerous sector and you would need a good ship for it, once again, use a small and nimble ship for that in order to reach the mission area faster, and get out if things get hairy.

11 hours ago, EpicApathy said:

well there was nothing in the patch info that explained the workshop is now for clearance 6 and it never popped up, but it is what it is just lame that it suddenly changes and for little or no reason but they felt like it. I’ve used the black hort as well as Zealot AE, and steel harpy ship but in the mine area the pirates 4 shot me and take little to no damage from me. its not a build issue but just an issue that it makes little sense to have such a difficult area in the first sector that i have to go to for daily task. If i cant go past the first sector because im to low level why place mobs that i have no hope of defending myself against at any level the area is supposedly meant for. 

Getting to lvl 6 takes 2 hours of the gameplay. Cmon. 

The only area where I had a problem with Zealot AE was Captured Dreadnought where the Minotaur got my shields to half. In Scrapyard I kited 11 (eleven) enemy pirates and then faced them all at once. My shields went down to ~70% at most. 

Can you properly name the sector where so OP ships you met? 

5 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

I assume you are talking about the Iridium Mines 

If he is complaining  about lack of access to the workshop it means he is not even in Federation space yet.

I remember that the rank limits on things were really weird when I was playing on a new account. It restricts everything to way after it’s really useful. I mean it took me AGES to unlock sectors that drop items for my ships like Procyon and tharga and any ship rank 5+.

The sector progression in OS is incredibly slow, while the pilot clearance progression is relatively fast.

Irrelevant story:

Before the pilot clearance level change I actually tried a tharga speed-run. I unlocked the Thar’ga in less than one day, and got it to rank 10 the next day. XD

Though after that it took weeks to unlock rank 11.