Do you like Empire Gunships? Do you like Ion emitters? Do you like giving Hugs?

I go over some of the… “finer” points of being an ion emitter gunship,  I show in practice how to make people feel warm and fuzzy on the inside and how to generally have fun win or lose :^)

And they want to further buff ions…

And they want to further buff ions…

You have to sacrifice a lot of safety to do this kind of damage and it’s only for short periods of time. With that said, I would be confused if they buffed ions without providing a logical explanation.

lol -5 kinetic, and 25 thermal hull resists on an empire ship XD

lol -5 kinetic, and 25 thermal hull resists on an empire ship XD

you’re not factoring the adaptive or the +12 implant. At close range bubbles are your primary threat especially if you’re using terrain properly. Regardless of resists, six positron cannons are more of a worry than four gauss cannons and when it comes to scatter gun or assault rails, well, I’m not terribly worried because interceptors are far more fragile than me and assault rails don’t do as much damage, and have to get through my shields. I just have to not miss :slight_smile:

you’re not factoring the adaptive or the +12 implant. At close range bubbles are your primary threat especially if you’re using terrain properly. Regardless of resists, six positron cannons are more of a worry than four gauss cannons and when it comes to scatter gun or assault rails, well, I’m not terribly worried because interceptors are far more fragile than me and assault rails don’t do as much damage, and have to get through my shields. I just have to not miss :slight_smile:

Funny thing is, the standard Ion gunship is much more efficient than your one way ticket to respawn gunship. But if you like it, then it is all yours.

By the way, in any duel with an enemy gunship with rails or gauss, you will be toast way before the Ion DPS can kick in.

Also, with the current spam of mass drivers… well, people bring balanced resistences for a reason.

Funny thing is, the standard Ion gunship is much more efficient than your one way ticket to respawn gunship. But if you like it, then it is all yours.

By the way, in any duel with an enemy gunship with rails or gauss, you will be toast way before the Ion DPS can kick in.

Also, with the current spam of mass drivers… well, people bring balanced resistences for a reason.

Yeah and LRF spam in t5 encourages high thermal resist.

You can take no fire with that build, so you are letting your team take it and probably die. You are not going for objectives since you would die on the beacon/bomb under focus fire. You are cowering behind a rock for half the first match, waiting for the “opportune moment”, which I call more cowardly than having a long range gunship that’s firing constantly an taking the enemy team’s attention.

So yeah, you could do so much better with a standard long range ion gunship, that can get up close and personal if required

Needs some music.  Also the sounds 6:28, 7:14, 8:03  do you do this when your not recording ?

Also :

7:23 - Don’t run into walls.

19:05 - Don’t ever stop your ship - - - - (You were going 55ms close enough)

13:07 - Don’t overcommit

At 18:56 how the HECK did this guy not hit you.  Missed you with 3-4 blueballs ?

You do have solid aim with lazors.  I would have loved to see a match with a really good interceptor against you.

You do have solid aim with lazors.  I would have loved to see a match with a really good interceptor against you.

That is the fun thing, he would do much better in a standard build ion gunship. But hey, to each its own.

Needs some music.  Also the sounds 6:28, 7:14, 8:03  do you do this when your not recording ?

Also :

7:23 - Don’t run into walls.

19:05 - Don’t ever stop your ship - - - - (You were going 55ms close enough)

13:07 - Don’t overcommit

At 18:56 how the HECK did this guy not hit you.  Missed you with 3-4 blueballs ?

Yes it keeps my morale up, It was part of my interpretive flight , I was tackled, I would have gotten away with it too  if it wasn’t for that guard ship and his stupid wall clipping singularity. I also don’t have a problem with dying if I take a bunch of people with me. The guy who missed a bunch, it is not very obvious but that is the power of strafing when used properly and is absolutely fundamental in surviving as a slow xxxx. Also, The only one I’ve encountered so far that makes me sweat in a close range fight is nerw and that’s because he uses a cruise module which allows him to leave whenever and because he is tactically competent and knows how to approach when I am set up for range or being distracted.Battles with him on the other team when both teams are relatively the same in competence usually revolves around killing each other’s teammates until the other one is outnumbered and/or isolated, a type of competition I’ve always referred to as competitive logging. Also, no music. I need to be able to listen for locks  or a lance or weapons fire and how close a missile or torpedo is to me or how many times a nuke as beeped so I can time my reboot or use cover or just flat out dodge.  If you mean in post, I believe that music can distract away from independent thinking in certain circumstances and I was also not trying to make a frag video. Whether people think I play good or like xxxx or if i’m trying to brag about something, all I think about is my results and how they compare to the results of others.

That is the fun thing, he would do much better in a standard build ion gunship. But hey, to each its own.

there are two other builds I use one medium and one long range but the majority of my fights wind up in close range (due to being slow and therefore unable to dictate range of combat)  and I do very much enjoy getting pm’s from guardship players like this, especially when they’re captains, and this was pre-spark:

30ndi8l.png

Besides that, I’d rather play super specialized in one area because when I do get competent teammates who can fill my weakspots it becomes a beautiful thing, uguu~. Ironically the class I hate on the most is the one I work the best with, a tackler. I guess I’m tsundere for tacklers or something.

Although with that said, I’ve recently traded my cooler for verniers because I’ve stacked my tank as hard as I can on the spark which comes to 29919 or something. Cooler works better on apollo.