Do you have any problems with Aces? XD

Hi!

Thanks for read me.

I’m a Ace and I see weird things in PVP. When you begin the game T1 has a normal difficult and you can learn Little by Little, modules arrives quietly and you have oppottunies to win or lost. The game teachs you beacuse all pilots have your same level, all we are Aces.

Then you reach T2, and the game is incredibily difficult, you dont understand practically nothing, you see that you die a lot and quickly. You dont understand why because in T1 your ship practically has the same level that the other, but in T2 there are ships impossible to destroy and your ships seems be made with paper.

Then you reach new Ranks in T2 and appears new weapons and modules, but there is an incredible difference beacuse you have been realized that the other pilot has weapons and modules and mk4 and a lot of stuuf that your ships doesnt have. Then you see that there are a lots of pilots that have the Rank 6 ship full sinergy, then you learn to acces to their profiles and there are T5 pilots.

So, you are there with an exponential incremenent of the difficulty beacuse you must to fight agaisnt a pilot that have been player al least during two years with the best ship in T2 and a lot of experience, What hapenned? you loose of course. Then matchmaking, for help the poor T5 pilots, put all T5 pilots agaist T2 pilots. This happens 90-95% of the times.

Well, you take a lot of patience and reach T3… the game becomes practically impossible and of course… poor t5 pilots… matchmaking put them all togheter again, and i mean, no the squads that they made, the game takes all t5 pilots that are alone and put them togheter and you are with your parthers the Aces like you. What will be happen? You loose of course.

Well the game take to the Aces to a really stress situation. We have no experience, and we must to put our maximum effort in all the matches. When a Ace plays 4 or 5 times is totallty exhausted because t2 is not his level, and t3 is not his level, t2 is t5 and t3 is t5. Ships are a problem, a begginer r4 ships can do nothing agaisnt t6 full sinergy ship. The same way in r7 and r9. Well really is posible to defeat a r9 full sinergy ship, but with a t5 pilot the possibility is reduced practically to 0. This difficulty is good in time to time, i like it… but no all the time. And is worse when the t5 pilot called you Ace, you reported him and nothing happens except you continue figting agaisnt him.

I talk with t5 players and gives me a lot of garbage and excuses beacuse they are playing in t2 or t3. Are unbeliable. There is too few pilots in t5… no no no… thare are a lot, and all of them are in t2 and t3. Is just for play and get fun, ok … why dont get fun all togheter in t5, you have the same fun in t5 that in t2 or t3… so is not the reason too… then a day a good t5 pilot give you the real reason. For boost their stats. Is incredible, but thats the true. All the pilots in the fórums show their stats as their credentials, so is real, incredible, but is the sad realility.

So the game has no a normal progression, and pilots like me go away with their money to ther game, and thats the reason why tehre are more t5 pilots that t1, t2, t3 togheters playing in t2 and t3 tiers. An strees situation adn a extremly difficukt game is good… but the 10% or maybe 15% of the matches… all the matches… too stress for the Ace, and there is no help with veterans because mathmaking put them all t5 pilots all togheter again and again.

So… or you have the worst matchmaking programmer of the world… of you are making this beacause you want to. I read that this problem is longer as the life of the game…  then i must understand… you really doesnt want new pilots in your game, or you are being  threaten by t5 pilots… or you think in this way Aces spend money for improve quickly their ships and have more chances to win… no no no… experience is the best, and you can have the best ship, an experieced pilot will destroy you… all the people knows that the best power is experience so Aces preffer abandon the game.

t5 pilots have rights to fight in a lower tier? yes of course, but there is a posible solution. When a higher pilot plays with a full sinergy ship does not receive any increment in his stats, but has a terrible penalty in his stats if he losses.  Is posible that an higher tier pilot want to upgrade a lower ship, is for that that must be that two points: Higher tier pilot and a full sinergy ship. He receives credits and synergy, of course. Maybe there is a intelligent pilots that not upgrade to the max a ship… no problem. If the pilots has enpugh synergy to improve the ship to tha max the game understand that is a full synergy ship. Another solution. when a t5 pilot wants to play in a lower tier must wait to another t5 pilot… or both t4. and they must fight agaisn the other. Another solution? higher pilots cant be mixed with the others so… higher pilots can fly in lower tier between them witout Aces and Aces can learn nice and wisely with a normal progression.

Really there is a lot of solutions for that, if you want to keep the game in this way then is simple… Aces left the game and the same people will play togheter for ever and ever. You are loosing a lot of money for this way of action, but it depends on you. 

Al least, do something with the t5 pilots that insult to the Aces, i reported some of them and nothing happens. a t5 pilot must know the rules perfectly and must be polite. It seems that they can do whatever they want and that destroy the game a lot more.

In my opinión, open space is wasted, i guees that you want to do much more with it, I hope that, the most difficult part of the creation of that part of the game is done, now you must do something for thake advantage for all this great work. I have a lot of ideas too, well another games give me the ideas XD.

In other hand… It seems that all the ships have a nemesis… tacklers has recons… cme has tacklers as nemesis gunships has a cme a nemesis… it seem that all ship have  a nemesis and is a circle,   is really a good idea and i enjoy a love a lot that but… what is the nemesis of the frigates? needs a lot of pilots to get down one. thinks that we a re a lot of Aces agaist a full synergy with a t5 pilots frigate. A Ace with a medium frigate is dangerous too… gunships can damage them a lot, but they can recover a lot too.   A cover can do a little with the plasm arc… but no… is too dangerous and maybe will be destroyed with the explosion. Maybe plasm arc must give to the cover some invulnerabilyty agaist thermal damage for get a real oportunity agais a frigate and get any chance to survive agaisnt the explosion, pulsar or mines. The cover is dressed with an incredible plasm arc, must have some type of protection. You can reduce the speed of the ship for and equilibrate game… nukes are great, but only Aces like me eat one. XD

For a good Ace’s rebellion!!! XDDDD

Thanks another time for read me, id like to say that the game is great but matchmaking only let me say that the game seems to be a great one if the game becomes well-balanced, t1 was great. Surrelly the rest of the tiers could be great too.

dont know why… but post put ace instead of (Ace) or newbie XD or new player

dont know why… but post put ace instead of (Ace) or newbie XD or new player

The forum automatically replaces N00b with Ace, to avoid flamming and such. It is funny.

Playing against better pilots makes u better …

This game learned  me to overcome my vanity issues :smiley:

As someone told me here: Release your masochistic side.

pai-mei-kill-bill-o.gif

Skirmish really is quite the clusterfork. The design is that it is better to form squads to enter Skirmish. If it was common to be flying with comrades you’re familiar with, the experience of entire opposing overpowered teams coming down on you for entire matches would not really happen. It would be more like regular wins or losses. That’s not common. What is common is that we enter Skirmish alone, and it is miserable until we figure out each ship’s mysteriously, unnecessarily, excessively buffed configuration in order to utilize them as a soloing random.

I thought the matchmaker ignored players with high rating who attempted to enter t1 and t2 skirmish. So if t5 players are accessing t2, they must have wrecked their rating by getting a string of bad scores with t3 ships. Doing this seems completely stupid. My personal adventure into doing this (months ago) was only because I wanted that Empire ship called Neutron to be maxed for fleet strength. That’s how I know some about how this works. Once that was done, I was in a hurry to get back to the t4 and t5 ships at all times. It’s a little embarrassing to have Rank 15 times 3 on your profile and a rating that matches that of tier 2 flying.

T2 ships only accomplish a very limited set of the voucher contracts.

Incentives to stay in t4 or t5 are there. Some must be ignorant to it. For example: in T4, you don’t need blueprints for mk V module making, but you do need those in T5. In T4, you don’t have to fight against sp ships and full synergy r15’s. T4 has some perks. T5’s perks are more obvious. T3 is old news once a player really gets into T4.

Early in the game, Skirmish looks like the center of it all, and it can be. In T3, the players start relying more on pve and open space income. T4 and T5 is pve with probably one skirmish per day for those of us who do everything without squads.

I said it once, might just as well say it again. If stats were specified by tiers, there’d be no point in stats farming. E.g. your profile would just show your ratios as you’ve gained them in specific tiers: ‘kill/battle in T2: 6.2’, ‘kill/battle in T3: 4.1’, ‘kill/battle in T4: 2.3’, ‘kill/battle in T5: 2.0’. Same with win/loss, kill/death and other stats. Your profile would then automatically show what tier pilot you are and possibly why you don’t live up to your uber ratios.

Veterans aside, Nervio, you shouldn’t rush tiers. Max out every ship you have in T2 by playing it, so you’d learn how to fly it. You shouldn’t touch T3 before you feel comfortable enough in T2 to have a positive impact on the outcomes of your matches (and it’s the same with ‘ascending’ to any higher tier). Believe it or not, 99.9% of stats farmers are not good pilots, they just know the game’s mechanics and use it against people who don’t. Playing against them is a good opportunity for you to learn the basics though, so it’s not that they’re there only to piss you off - there are some benefits for you to obtain by fighting them.

Also, I do agree that matchmaker (which is the system that makes the teams) sucks now. There’ve always been problems with it though, so unfortunately the only piece of advice I have for you is to wait until the next patch. MM is drastically changed every couple months, it shouldn’t take long for the next change.

Then you reach T2, and the game is incredibily difficult, you dont understand practically nothing, you see that you die a lot and quickly. You dont understand why because in T1 your ship practically has the same level that the other, but in T2 there are ships impossible to destroy and your ships seems be made with paper.

Then you reach new Ranks in T2 and appears new weapons and modules, but there is an incredible difference beacuse you have been realized that the other pilot has weapons and modules and mk4 and a lot of stuuf that your ships doesnt have. Then you see that there are a lots of pilots that have the Rank 6 ship full sinergy, then you learn to acces to their profiles and there are T5 pilots.

So, you are there with an exponential incremenent of the difficulty beacuse you must to fight agaisnt a pilot that have been player al least during two years with the best ship in T2 and a lot of experience, What hapenned? you loose of course. Then matchmaking, for help the poor T5 pilots, put all T5 pilots agaist T2 pilots. This happens 90-95% of the times.

Nah, T2 is just as easy as T1. My K/D went down from 1.7ish to 1.54 when I moved up to T2, but only because I didn’t realize purple weapons are more important after T1. Now that I have good guns I’m back to doing well again despite like 95% of my other items being green. This time I’m saving up enough to buy purple T3 weapons before I go to T3 so I won’t have this problem again. Other than that there wasn’t really much to figure out that I didn’t already learn in T1. From what people say it sounds like T3 will be the first real challenge since it apparently has a bunch of really good vets slummin’ it there instead of T5 for some reason. There could be a warning pop-up telling you to purple your guns before starting T2, but other than that it’s pretty easy there. The only thing that actually got significantly harder in T2 was PvE, which is pretty much twice as hard as it was in T1 for some reason. That and for some reason I get less kills, but am more survivable in interceptors. No change with the other 2 sizes.

Edit: My last game. Synergy level 2 recon interceptor with all green items except a purple gun. 

post-256662-0-13226100-1446503523.png

I wasn’t lucky enough to get the last hit much this time, but you get the point. I’m an incompetent newbie who doesn’t know how to set up a ship, lacks a healthy amount of fear, is way past his prime, is an idiot and frequently micro warps himself to death. If I can do it nobody else has an excuse.

Edit 2: 2 games later in my fighter. 

post-256662-0-00507400-1446504932.png

Don’t be discouraged by all the negativity fellow newbies. There’s nothing stopping us from doing good. Don’t let people like the OP make you scared of T2.

Edit 3: Next game after that. My interceptor again. I’ll stop posting these now. You get the point. There’s no disadvantage for new players in T2. I think that’s pretty conclusively proven by now.

post-256662-0-32375200-1446505951.png

I find funny that this post is almost a copy of a Steam review from a guy with a serious “but·t hurt” and more than 2000 hours played.

Which coincidently was in Spanish, which also is the native language of our beloved “newbie” poster here. (the autocorrect betrays you my friend).

So please Rare, if you want to discuss the current state of the MM, do it, but don’t try to deceive ourselves thinking you are a newbie.

There are veterans playing tier 2 games, it is true, but most newbies don’t notice, mostly because when you are an average pilot, you are placed randomly among teams. That mean sometimes the clubber will be in the enemy team, and some other times he will be in your own team.

Also, the MM tries to balance high skill rating players by placing all the low skill rating ones on his team, so he has to carry harder. This is a fact, and I have experienced it myself.

Finally, from the few times I’ve been in low tiers, either recording videos for my channel, or playing with some new players who requested some help, most people in the chat was asking me how I did that, how they can play better and why I can kill them that fast.

Then I proceed to teach them some tips, only to discover the obvious, that most people fly with bad builds (I did it also when I started) and they don’t know most of the time what the different modules did.

That is normal.

PS: The best place to farm stats is not tier 2, in fact it is tier 4. But people for some reason don’t understand that… 

Need to weigh in.

I made an alt maybe 2months ago just to see how it is to grind again. It was silly easy, I reached t2 after 20 battles, thanks to weekend bonus for synergy, and the golden ammo they throw at u as u buy new ships and reach new ranks. (And the synergy in general was waaaaay better than it is now)

MM at that time was different though, but there were alot of other “vets in disguises” there too. Anyway I never bothered making the gear better than the green ones that occasionally dropped as loot. But when I reached t3 it was a smack in the face, coz there were all the veterans hiding, in their maxed out ships and mk4/5 gear. And it is really easy to forget what a pain it can be, to have to face such opponents when u are at lvl2 in an energyunstable ship, gear white and at best green. By doing this little experiment I got alot of insight and refreshed my understanding for how beginners must feel, and yes, sure if you are a veteran you can do alot even in a low lvl ship with xxxx gear - BUT - there IS a HUGE difference, u have a great advantage if ur ships are fully purple and maxed out, and that little advantage might be needed to get a win (but sometimes not even trying ur best is good enough XD)

Then the Devs changed the mm mechanics abit, and suddenly I stopped facing other vets, I was placed in matched with mostly new players prolly because the new “intelligent mm” thought me new… well, that lasted til some day ago anyway, and Now my “nawb-account” is thrown into games among the real vets, in their real accounts, and well, I dont know how this mm works, but might it be counting on nr of battles, or stats or kills I dont know some mix maybe but the funny part is that I have 26 fleet strength, and only 5 ships (still not fully purple or maxed out) in t3 because I cant afford buying new ships that often XD AND grinding now - IS SLOW AS ****** compared to how it was some weeks ago, something changed. 

Uh got off track abit, anyway

It is really hard to tier-rush now as it is. They made the process ahelluva lot harder, than it was weeks ago. 

Facing vets in their maxed out ships+kickass gear while u are still lvling - grinding - and all that, is imo, abit unfair. If you get focused down, youre toast. You can still kill vets if u do it the sneaky way XD but head on? Nope. 

And yeah sure, hard opponents can be very inspiring for improving yourself, but still, the gear and synergy difference between them 2 is quite noticable.

That is also why I really think Devs should make it easier to squad up - both for the fun but also teamwork is good when you lack the advantage of good gear.  IMO this is really important aspect of the game.

Need to weigh in.

I made an alt maybe 2months ago just to see how it is to grind again. It was silly easy, I reached t2 after 20 battles, thanks to weekend bonus for synergy, and the golden ammo they throw at u as u buy new ships and reach new ranks. (And the synergy in general was waaaaay better than it is now)

MM at that time was different though, but there were alot of other “vets in disguises” there too. Anyway I never bothered making the gear better than the green ones that occasionally dropped as loot. But when I reached t3 it was a smack in the face, coz there were all the veterans hiding, in their maxed out ships and mk4/5 gear. And it is really easy to forget what a pain it can be, to have to face such opponents when u are at lvl2 in an energyunstable ship, gear white and at best green. By doing this little experiment I got alot of insight and refreshed my understanding for how beginners must feel, and yes, sure if you are a veteran you can do alot even in a low lvl ship with xxxx gear - BUT - there IS a HUGE difference, u have a great advantage if ur ships are fully purple and maxed out, and that little advantage might be needed to get a win (but sometimes not even trying ur best is good enough XD)

Then the Devs changed the mm mechanics abit, and suddenly I stopped facing other vets, I was placed in matched with mostly new players prolly because the new “intelligent mm” thought me new… well, that lasted til some day ago anyway, and Now my “nawb-account” is thrown into games among the real vets, in their real accounts, and well, I dont know how this mm works, but might it be counting on nr of battles, or stats or kills I dont know some mix maybe but the funny part is that I have 26 fleet strength, and only 5 ships (still not fully purple or maxed out) in t3 because I cant afford buying new ships that often XD AND grinding now - IS SLOW AS ****** compared to how it was some weeks ago, something changed. 

Uh got off track abit, anyway

It is really hard to tier-rush now as it is. They made the process ahelluva lot harder, than it was weeks ago. 

Facing vets in their maxed out ships+kickass gear while u are still lvling - grinding - and all that, is imo, abit unfair. If you get focused down, youre toast. You can still kill vets if u do it the sneaky way XD but head on? Nope. 

And yeah sure, hard opponents can be very inspiring for improving yourself, but still, the gear and synergy difference between them 2 is quite noticable.

That is also why I really think Devs should make it easier to squad up - both for the fun but also teamwork is good when you lack the advantage of good gear.  IMO this is really important aspect of the game.

Concerning the synergy gain, it is worse since they introduced the new “synergy gain” rules. But it is worse for everyone, premium, non premium, veterans or new people.

I already gave my impressions to the proper channels. I hope they rework it or at least take a look at the new statistics.

Concerning the tier 3 wall, it has always been there. Tier 2 is easy to do even with green modules because the difference between modules is small, and most ships doesn’t havey that many modules and passives after all.

But in tier 3, you have A LOT of people playing with full purple ships, while you are joining with your fresh new rank 7 phobos or Katana. AND YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAIN FOOD!

The new rank MM they are testing should reduce this wall.

But it has nothing to do with veterans. It is the flawed tier partition.

PS: Of course, in a progression game, if you have top of the tier equipment you have an advantage over a guy who has new equipment. This is normal, and should encourage you to get better equipment. Still, once you have green modules and full synergy, you have almost the same performance as any other player.

Synergy gain isn’t the problem. I get new ships faster than I can gear them anyway. Loyalty vouchers are the bottleneck.

Tier 2 is easy to do even with green modules because the difference between modules is small, and most ships doesn’t havey that many modules and passives after all.

I agree except for weapons. It’s super important to have purple weapons. When I entered T2 with green guns my K/D dropped from 1.7 and climbing to 1.5 and falling. Then I purpled my guns and it’s back at 1.7 and climbing now. Everything else doesn’t really matter, but those 2 gun levels make a massive difference.

not anymore as u can send them daily for fleet mission.^

not anymore as u can send them daily for fleet mission.^

What?

What?

The A. Gage missions on the right give 50k vouchers every day. That’s how it is with t4 ships anyway. I don’t know how that looks to players with up to t2 or t3 ships. Those missions are all about sending full synergy ships of the highest ranks you’ve got them in for 100% of the vouchers. But, 85% is still quite good. The ships don’t need any equipment on them.

The A. Gage missions on the right give 50k vouchers every day. That’s how it is with t4 ships anyway. I don’t know how that looks to players with up to t2 or t3 ships. Those missions are all about sending full synergy ships of the highest ranks you’ve got them in for 100% of the vouchers. But, 85% is still quite good. The ships don’t need any equipment on them.

Maybe if you’re an experienced player. Those missions are almost worthless for me though. Since I’m still climbing the trees few of my ships are at max synergy and it always wants ship types I don’t have. I’m really lucky if I get 35% with whatever random combination of synergy level 2 ships I happen to have on hand, and then it’ll give me vouchers for the wrong faction anyway. Not that it would be a big deal even if I got 100% since 50k isn’t enough to upgrade even one item. My weapons cost 112,500 IIRC, and my other items cost 75,000. I’m at T2 trying to upgrade my T3 weapons to purple before moving up. I’m set on iridium, upgrade kits and money. The only thing holding me back is vouchers.

Edit: A. Gage gives a lot less than 50k vouchers for me. If I’m not misremembering the max for me is like 18k or something, which is a joke. 5400 vouchers for a 6 hour mission? It takes me 2 games to get more than that from contracts.

I’m at T2 trying to upgrade my T3 weapons to purple before moving up. I’m set on iridium, upgrade kits and money. The only thing holding me back is vouchers.

The only problem with that is the rewards are a lot less in t2 than t3. Your better off getting 3 t3 ships and just taking your lumps. The upgrading will go much faster and you

may not want to use the weapons you think you do once you have a greater choice in ships, weapons and modules.

The only problem with that is the rewards are a lot less in t2 than t3. Your better off getting 3 t3 ships and just taking your lumps. The upgrading will go much faster and you

may not want to use the weapons you think you do once you have a greater choice in ships, weapons and modules.

Nah I’m quite sure about the weapons. Like for example the engineer heal gun. From what I hear it’s basically an EM coil mortar and I know I like coil mortars. And the vouchers are the same. I’m already doing rank 7 contracts and have rank 7 A. Gage missions. Wouldn’t make a difference if I flew my rank 7 ships or not.

Edit: Actually, it would make a difference. It would be harder for me to do my contracts.

Nah I’m quite sure about the weapons. Like for example the engineer heal gun. From what I hear it’s basically an EM coil mortar and I know I like coil mortars. And the vouchers are the same. I’m already doing rank 7 contracts and have rank 7 A. Gage missions. Wouldn’t make a difference if I flew my rank 7 ships or not.

Edit: Actually, it would make a difference. It would be harder for me to do my contracts.

R7, 8 and 9 contracts are available to be completed in T2 games. Buying a R9 ship would speed up your voucher gain (even if you dont use any T3 ship)

good luck op, the only responses you’ll ever get will be “just play pve” or “make sure you always have a max synergy ship” or “just buy a premium ship” or some version of “shut up and get farmed, ok?” because that is the community of this game. I never had to go through it, but the last five people I’ve tried to get to play this game quit because they got tired of kalah platoons making the game unplayable for them.