Disc read error, The cloud file provider is not running.

Hi,

i wanted to play Star Conflict again after a long break. So i installed it and tried to play it, but whenever i press Play it tells me:

Disc read error, The cloud file provider is not running.

I already tried to reinstall it on different locations and drives, reinstalled steam, checked my pc for updates and couldnt find anything in the forums. ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

(I also tried to play it with another Steam-Account, didnt work.)

Please help me

Logs are attached…

[chat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19834) [combat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19835) [game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19836) [game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19837)

Windows 10 sucks :D. To say it short, make sure that %User%/My Documents/My Games is not handled by Onedrive or disable it properly or use it correctly. (My guess is at least, that the problem is the My Games dir, can’t look at the logs). (also using My Documents as a place to store Programs/Games save data/configs/whatever is imo just wrong, but that is up to the game devs to fix)

try downloaing the game from the website as standalone. not from steam.

22 hours ago, oknelp said:

The cloud file provider is not running.

Is there Star Conflict folder at \Documents\My Games ?

On 6/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, Johnnynator1 said:

Windows 10 sucks :D. To say it short, make sure that %User%/My Documents/My Games is not handled by Onedrive or disable it properly or use it correctly. (My guess is at least, that the problem is the My Games dir, can’t look at the logs). (also using My Documents as a place to store Programs/Games save data/configs/whatever is imo just wrong, but that is up to the game devs to fix)

I already disabled onedrive at my pc before installing the game, so thats not the problem. Thanks anyway!

On 6/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Webmaster_2001 said:

try downloaing the game from the website as standalone. not from steam.

Yes, ill try that!

On 6/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, Skula1975 said:

Is there Star Conflict folder at \Documents\My Games ?

Yes it is

On 6/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, oknelp said:

Yes it is

Please, show content of folder

Also, check that game don’t installed at any cloud-linked folder

My Star Conflict folder in the documents section tried to sync with onedrive, even though it was disabled. Maybe because it used to sync with onedrive i the last time i installed it?

Deleting it helped!

Anyway, thanks for your help!