Disabled Trade again

Hi,

I play Star Conflict through Steam on Linux.  Due to the native Linux client not functioning well (Taikin blocks issue), I use Steam Proton.  This worked fine until a few days ago when Steam released Proton 6.3-1.  I configured Star Conflict to use Proton-Experimental.  This update caused Proton-Experimental to fail to load Star Conflict.  So I switched to using 6.3-1.  This loaded Star Conflict fine, but the Trade feature got locked by the 2FA feature.  The two Proton versions probably uses separate sandboxes or something.  I now have to play 50 missions again to re-enable Trade.  

This isn’t the problem.  I have no problem playing 50 missions.  It’ll take about 2 weeks, since I no longer play missions much.  The issue I have is the fact that when Trade is disabled, so is Trade Chat.  Trade Chat is where most players go to form wings for spec ops.  Without Trade Chat, I would have to queue for random.  If anyone ever queue for random in spec ops, you know you could be waiting a long time.  Of course, I can just not play spec ops for 2 weeks.  But its my main way of getting mono and xenocrystals, since I don’t play portals or conquest.  Is there a way to enable Trade Chat without enabling Trade?

Also, I don’t mind enabling 2FA.  But I use Steam to play Star Conflict and I’ve enabled Steam Guard.  Isn’t this considered 2FA?  Star Conflict doesn’t seem to work with Steam Guard.  Is this a bug, or is it something Gaijin doesn’t want to support?

–jc

They only count the Gaijin stuff as 2FA, a “pure” steam account doesn’t count.

You can link your Gaijin Account with you Steam Account and enable Mail 2FA on your Gaijin Account to circumvent that poorly designed check.

On 4/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, jimenching said:

Is there a way to enable Trade Chat without enabling Trade?

No, there isn’t

On 4/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, jimenching said:

Also, I don’t mind enabling 2FA.  But I use Steam to play Star Conflict and I’ve enabled Steam Guard.  Isn’t this considered 2FA?  Star Conflict doesn’t seem to work with Steam Guard.  Is this a bug, or is it something Gaijin doesn’t want to support?

We aren’t obliged to use 3th side authorization. It isn’t a bug.