Developer Blog. Record 104 - Asteroid conqueror

eebc506c53ed9a6115484ce08b09.jpg.0983cc14267af3adf73f91e3df5c1679.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates. Among them are new, unique events in open space, changes in modes and, of course, ships!

Today we will tell you about the new ship created specifically for conquering the open world - Mole

With the beginning of the Second Invasion, the UMC leadership decided to create a miner ship so that they would not have problems with resources in the future. A contract for the development was signed with Scott en Cott corporation. It was the Federation scientists who had to create the frigate.

At one stage of development, the CMS joined the project. After providing some equipment for Mole, the corporation ordered a large batch of ships, and then acquired a limited production license.

Upon completion of all works, the first batches of ships were immediately handed over to the UMC. Currently, mercenaries can buy Mole directly from Scott en Cott corporation or through intermediaries at the Center. The corporation’s shipyards have already received large orders from various organizations and it is safe to say that Mole is one of Scott en Cott’s best projects, which allows to receive unprecedented profits.

The ship is equipped with special equipment capable of effectively extracting resources in space.

The special module of the ship is repair drones that restore hull and shields in passive mode. You can also send them to repair your allies.

When interacting with asteroids, the unique weapon significantly reduces the danger of explosion and improves the quality of mining. The proprietary cooling systems are also noticeably better than their combat weapon counterparts. And while the main purpose of the emitter is to mine ores, it can also be used in combat for defense against pirates and other pilots.

The unique module allows you to call a mail drone directly from the ship’s location, with the drone delivering your resources safely to the hangar, directly to your storage!

In addition, the ship has high speed and maneuverability, and its carrying capacity is impressive in its scale! A real miner frigate, which also has an extended range of resource gathering!

The ship will be obtainable during a special resource mining event in the open world. In addition, a special license doubling the resources obtained from asteroids will be available in the official Star Conflict store for the duration of the event!

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Star Conflict Team

HYPE FOR OS SPECIALTY SHIPS!!!

Now let’s hope it’s R17 or at least flexible for the sake of chips lol

Well, so long as the ship’s release doesn’t coincide with the mining system as we known it currently breaking there is no downside to this thing.

• Bonus cargo
    • Great for new or casual players who want to try mining or seed chip farming for the first time
  • Personal cargo drone
    • fantastic for seed chip farming
  • Federation
    • It’s fast - good for moving around OS
  • Free via event
    • Better than more nonsense DLC

The only critique I have is this. We have too many event exclusive ships in the standard ship tree. This ship at the least is made for one purpore and one purpose only so I’d HOPE at the least this ship will see an annual release cycle. Because right now the list for event only ships that haven’t seen a permanent  free release  is going strong with:

• Dart
  • Gargoyle
  • Endeavour
  • Spiral
  • Custodian
  • Raven
  • Dyrnwyn
  • Tornado
  • Marten
  • Hammerhead
  • Scylla
  • Gungnir
  • Relic
  • Object NY18
  • Salyut-ST

And the completely bullsh*t DLCs that have no right to exist and probably break some obscure consumer law somewhere:

• Black Ghost (3 weeks a year for $15 AUD)
  • Papa Crab’s (3 weeks a year for $15 AUD)

love this idea ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

Federation destroyer r17 would be better, but it’s always something new.

1 hour ago, Boczek121 said:

Federation destroyer r17 would be better, but it’s always something new.

I’m with him

Derp, that’s a very good note, on the manufacturable ships.

And I’d like to add another one, which seems pretty strange: from all the 16s (Granite, Gungnir, Scylla, Marten, Wolfhound, Raven, Pilgrim and Singu), only these 3 new ships can NOT be customised!? So, why do Gungnir, Scylla and Raven have fixed configurations, why can’t we refit the ships as we like? Imho that’s weird  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Later edit: all 16s can’t be customised. Sad face… :d

Don’t mind me just passing by ![:ph34r:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png “:ph34r:”)

Aaaand welcome to June (well, soon for the 'Mericans).

Current betting pool for the “when the f*ck is the next Dev blog” is:
1 month 15 days from original post (me) for 50gs