Developer Blog from September 29: Improvements in module upgrade system

What is the plan for the existing vouchers? Will they be swapped over to the new style or will they simply disappear?
Some people are also fearing that existing upgraded gear will be rendered useless. I have had a few people ask me if that’s true.
Is it? (I hope not.)

Dastard

I’m so confused by the mechanics right meow, I’m just gonna wait a week to hit me back in the patch.  ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

You said In the dev blog that we’ll be able to directly get access to the upgrade with voucher and also speed up with gs, but how much will it cost?

23 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

You said In the dev blog that we’ll be able to directly get access to the upgrade with voucher and also speed up with gs, but how much will it cost?

The prices will be revealed on October 6

I do welcome ideas, however, the module system itself was to me at least the easier part. So far, I only see removal of salvage income, and also removal of iridium from the cycle.

Is the upgrade process going through to MkV? I assume, they are still blueprint bound?

I assume, if you have stored loyalty and credits, you can upgrade an item without delay? I also hope it is user-friendly and accessible enough to justify removing direct upgrades.

I do not welcome a new random box opportunity without direct prices. I still think, to offer a random loot option is a risk-reward system, to justify high direct-sale prices. Having higher random drop prices only is bad, this is why random chests are positively mentioned in other games, but not here. A chest in most games costs like 1/3 of a direct buy, usually containing 3 times the amount, but randomly, or used as a loot system. Gambling is only fun if it is an opportunity to be lucky. But all this is paired with direct per-item prices, to make it lucrative. I still hope, this is on your brainstorm-roadmap, as I think, this is not good for the long run. This does however only touch the things not directly acquirable (like ship parts)

Otherwise, I welcome Iridium as sort of a common currency resource. Even if I think, I would have worded it in the iridium section, “Remains of the precursor culture, their use of iridium”, just to be scifi, so you can keep the fact educating, that iridium is a real rare material, and the real magic lies within how the precursors were able to do awesome stuff with it we don’t get yet. But this is just nerdy aesthetics. But it wouldn’t be me, without adding some minor annoying “who cares about that” thing, the main issue for me is still the RND system, which imho is bad for the image.

Will there be a downside to not selecting a module for research? Because the current systems seems better if you do not select any and just save up vouchers independently.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Will there be a downside to not selecting a module for research? Because the current systems seems better if you do not select any and just save up vouchers independently.

If you select module, you earn loyalty in battles like synergy and loyalty income will be increased. But you can do contracts without selected module, the loylty in this case will be delivered to the pool, just like before

That great, we’ll see how it goes my hope is back ^^

1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

If you select module, you earn loyalty in battles like synergy and loyalty income will be increased. But you can do contracts without selected module, the loylty in this case will be delivered to the pool, just like before

That’s actually awesome. As everyone have few modules not yet upgraded to Mk4 you can fill your 1mill accounts in case if there will be new modules in coming patch, get mk1 module, upgrade it with those loyality vouchers and if not needed - salvage it.

Also - you mentioned contracts. Will they still reset when changing the hangar or will they stay with earned progress?

Is Iridium still needed to go from Mk3 to Mk4 or will it goes differently? like one type of vouchers for mk3 and the second type to mk4?

3 minutes ago, pluckplk said:

Is Iridium still needed to go from Mk3 to Mk4 or will it goes differently? like one type of vouchers for mk3 and the second type to mk4?

All the upgrades, except mk5 if it’s available, will be cost only loyalty and credits.

Iridium will become much more valuable currency, for it you can even purchase a container with rare stuff in it ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Are there any benefits for those who Premium Licence with this new module system?  If so what are they ?

3 minutes ago, CinnamonFake said:

Iridium will become much more valuable currency, for it you can even purchase a container with rare stuff in it ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Mhhhh okay but so iridium will now allow to unlock/upgrade DN stuff, and buy new containers, but they won’t be involved anymore in ships upgrade? As iridium is gained thru contracts for the corporation, what is the need of still getting it? you could add instead boxes buyable via vouchers, and so there will be a reason to not up a specific tech each time.

I don’t get the point of removing it from ship upgd. Or do you plan to use it for other uses later (i mean not only for bundles)?

Just now, AdamWest said:

Are there any benefits for those who Premium Licence with this new module system?  If so what are they ?

More loyalty, of course!) By the way, if you’re flying Premium ships there also will be boost. 

Also I’m reminding that you don’t need to fly with upgrading module or even equip ship with it ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

I’m gonna murder every alien in my paths to get s*** load of iri now x) get ready alien !

Unless I’m missing something, this just seems to be designed to screw over pilots who are salvaging Mk II / III / IV kits to get parts for crafting rather than buying overpriced containers.

17 minutes ago, JasanQuinn said:

Unless I’m missing something, this just seems to be designed to screw over pilots who are salvaging Mk II / III / IV kits to get parts for crafting rather than buying overpriced containers.

![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

yes they specificaly invested all this time to screw over pilots that salvage mk2 kits, no other reasons for this system to exist

41 minutes ago, JasanQuinn said:

24 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

yes they specificaly invested all this time to screw over pilots that salvage mk2 kits, no other reasons for this system to exist

Well thats what it sounds like to me. There’s absolutely no good reason to form a bottleneck like this, aside from making everyday play just that much more annoying.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Well thats what it sounds like to me. There’s absolutely no good reason to form a bottleneck like this, aside from making everyday play just that much more annoying.

what bottle neck?