Developer Blog from October 20: 'Sector Conquest' Evolution

**More than a year ago Sector Conquest mode saw the addition of Dreadnoughts and the most epic battles in Star Conflict universe. Star sectors are divided between the most powerful corporations. It is time to update the battle for control of the inhabited worlds. Today we want to talk about the upcoming evolution of global wars between corporations in the game.**  

The power of each corporation will now depend not only on its best wing, but on combined power of all their pilots and their ability to play as a team. Any corporation can claim ownership of star sectors.And the most powerful pilot teams of course will do their best to conquer the most valuable locations.

The new version of Sector Conquest will preserve the map of locations with regular time windows for battles.Corporation CEOs and VPs can build and move dreadnoughts to locations with a level not higher than that of the dreadnought at any time.

2ec4887866b947a4210311c52379.jpg

Each sector will have an owner and challenger corporations. For participation in battles corporations will earn influence. They accumulate in the location where the corporate dreadnought is located, and remain there when the dreadnought is moved to a different one.Influence points are earned in sector battles:

●     Depleted durability points of enemy deadnoughts.In this case, if the enemy dreadnought is completely destroyed, half the remaining durability points of the corporation’s own dreadnought are also added to influence points.

●     Influence points are divided between players according to their total effectiveness in combat.

●     Influence points of players in wings and squads are added to the location with the corporate dreadnought of the wing or squad’s leader.

If at the end of battles the owner corporation completely loses influence in the sector — it loses the sector itself.The challenger with the highest influence score in the location becomes the new owner. Corporations with a large number of active pilots will be able to participate in more battles, and thus successfully fight for the most profitable sectors.

193b385f5a76ec2b656d652916c1.jpg

Please note — corporations need to constantly maintain their influence level rating. Before the start of a new cycle of battles, influence of the owner and challenger is reduced, to a greater extent with the former.Inaction in the presence of at least one challenger will lead to the loss location in any case.Now, to get entrenched in a sector for a long time, you will have to work hard, because every day the impact of competing corporations increasingly affects the owner.In case of successful challenger actions in the location, the owner’s influence will diminish quickly. However, the longer a corporation holds a sector, the greater the reward becomes.

To participate in dreadnought battles you need to get a ship of rank 7 or above, and click on ‘Conquest’ when battles become available.You can launch as part of a squad or a wing, as well as alone. The updated system will quickly organize a battle, preferring wings of corporations, whose dreadnoughts are in the same sector.

The long-awaited revamp of Sector Conquest is very close. The improvements in battle organization will make epic dreadnought battles more accessible, and the new system of influence in sectors will add pressure to the endless corporate war. It’s time to to arm yourselves, mercenaries, the Galaxy is waiting for new conquests!

??? What does this change???

I’m not sure if I understand it right.

1. Instead of Sector Defense %, there is now ‘Amount of Influence’ in the sector?
  2. If ‘Amount Influence Attacker’ > ‘Amount Influence Sector Defender’
    Attacker become the new owner of the sector.
  3. Battle performance is now determining the ‘Influence pool gained’.
  4. ‘Amount of Influence’ for any Corp, that have at least 1 point in the pool,
    a) Is automatically lost after a period?
    b) Is only lost if there are to few/none Challengers for the battle cycle?

Did I got it right?

1 minute ago, Lord_Xenon said:

1. Instead of Sector Defense %, there is now ‘Amount of Influence’ in the sector?
  2. If ‘Amount Influence Attacker’ > ‘Amount Influence Sector Defender’
    Attacker become the new owner of the sector.
  3. Battle performance is now determining the ‘Influence pool gained’.
  4. ‘Amount of Influence’ for any Corp, that have at least 1 point in the pool,
    a) Is automatically lost after a period?
    b) Is only lost if there are to few/none Challengers for the battle cycle?

Yes there’s an influence system now. If some of your attackers are more successful that you in SecCon battles, you’ll lost sector when time window ends. When pilots are flying in SecCon battles in wings or even solo, they’re farming this loyalty into the sector, where Dread is.

Sector will be lost if the owner do nothing, and there at least one Challanger in the sector. if there’re no challangers, sector is yours but the influence will be decreasing anyway, if your corp is not fighting

38 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

??? What does this change???

Everything?

What does new system mean to pilots with no corporation and where their influence goes to?

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

Everything?

Well the actual battles will probably still be the same for now, the global mechanics is changing. The main goal is to get more battles with more ppl in ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

CinnamonFake (Posted 31 minutes ago)

“The main thing - it’s matchmaker now ;)”

Best thing ever that could happen to SecCon. 

Tier V needs more active defenses, more turrets and rockets. I would double them for Tier V.

9 minutes ago, Sinaka said:

CinnamonFake (Posted 31 minutes ago)

“The main thing - it’s matchmaker now ;)”

Best thing ever that could happen to SecCon. 

Yaaaaaaaaaaas!!! I’ve been waiting for that since dreads existed!

Just now, Koromac said:

Tier V needs more active defenses, more turrets and rockets. I would double them for Tier V.

Tru tho.

Well, I am not sure about bots. That never worked out too well if a team got any in their team.

“That encourage corps to get as many active pilots as they can”

Now that is for sure. The logic is undeniable in this one.

So, let me see if I got it right: attacking a sector will be more like launching into a skirmish battle and the owners and attackers will have little to none influence on which wing will face one another?   

So no announcing procedure and all that burden?

1 minute ago, Sinaka said:

So no announcing procedure and all that burden?

Just wait for the time window when needed sector is available, get a wing (or squad, or solo) and go into dread battles  ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) 

Just now, CinnamonFake said:

Just wait for the time window when needed sector is available, get a wing (or squad, or solo) and go into dread battles  ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) 

Oh boy. We may go into seccon again…  ![:fighter:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fighter.gif “:fighter:”)

…sux we lost many of our actives.

2 minutes ago, Sinaka said:

Oh boy. We may go into seccon again…  ![:fighter:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fighter.gif “:fighter:”)

…sux we lost many of our actives.

There’s a plenty of pilots who’s flying solo. Recruit them all)

That we should definitely do. Especially since the corp member limit is higher. Oh, this reminds me. Wouldn’t this give “richer” corps an advantage? 

So if I get it right, everyone should be able to get into dread battle anytime they want? The voucher reward remains the same? 

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

What does new system mean to pilots with no corporation and where their influence goes to?

Great change !!!  Gets people to join corps and gives the opportunity for all players to do dreads.  Very nice.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

Absolutely not.

If you think that current deffences are not sufficient in t5 while keeping in consideration all the possible  plaers builds and setups, you should step back and reconsider your capabilities.