Developer blog from November 16: Command Fighter Update

Um… im wondering, is this that new “big” December update? cos if it is, seems kinda lame and not much, i mean its great that they are updating the lower rank ships to make it more appealing for new people to play buut i have not seen a single bit of advertisement of this game which would increase the playerbase exponentially therefor thinking its a lame update.

Nothing for my Saw One?

9 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

Nothing for my Saw One?

Remember that SP ships are gonna be able to use all the different special modules and weapons from lower ships.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Remember that SP ships are gonna be able to use all the different special modules and weapons from lower ships.

So, we can’t expect any rework for secret projects? T5 commands not receive any rework too. -__-

So, no Rank 15 Command modules? Aura, Saw One, etc.?

I am playing Star Conflict for Rank 15, not Rank 9 or lower in PvP.

If this Developer Blog is incomplete, then why not rather wait to get the list of complete features first?

I suppose to get those special module parts, you will need to farm 30-60-65-90-95 parts?

That’s absolutely too much because I believe that this system should be changed.

I basically farmed everything for free, but it took me well over one year to get all of them (special modules).

If I understood correctly, players who will buy new ships, they will already come with it? If you already own a ship, what then?

You’ll have to farm for them? Why do I feel that veterans will get the worst reception?

11 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

New modules and weapons will be available immediately when buying a ship.

Pilots, who already have ships, will be able to easily get new items on their own: build them or find them in the game.

P.S.: I guess I will just sell my old ship and buy a new one, problem solved in an instant! No farming/trading required!

I am a T5 player, any of these changes doesn’t affect my gameplay.

3 hours ago, Sola_Evoli said:

VWQSSz1.png

That is not the problem

That is the problem:

40’000 credits for average players mid-week

600’000 credits for premium ships with license and 50GP 3 hour boosters on weekends

I have enough monocrystals and neodynium, but not enough cr and loyalty atm.

Let’s trade. Your monos for my credits ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

53 minutes ago, Koromac said:

So, no Rank 15 Command modules? Aura, Saw One, etc.?

I am playing Star Conflict for Rank 15, not Rank 9 or lower in PvP.

If this Developer Blog is incomplete, then why not rather wait to get the list of complete features first?

I suppose to get those special module parts, you will need to farm 30-60-65-90-95 parts?

That’s absolutely too much because I believe that this system should be changed.

I basically farmed everything for free, but it took me well over one year to get all of them (special modules).

If I understood correctly, players who will buy new ships, they will already come with it? If you already own a ship, what then?

You’ll have to farm for them? Why do I feel that veterans will get the worst reception?

P.S.: I guess I will just sell my old ship and buy a new one, problem solved in an instant! No farming/trading required!

This is just a example of some of the changes that are coming, i’m sure we’ll get something for higher rank.

It’s written that it’ll be easy to get those weapons, modules… so we’ll most likely only need few crystal shards, etc… or directly get the weapon/module in drop.

Haha I thought the same thing about selling the ship but it wont work ^^

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Too bad we’re not gonna see any of it for months lol. Seems like development has slowed down considerably. It’s like they’re on the same development pace as Star Citizen now. XD

“Here are some cool teasers for stuff we are gonna have soon!”

*doesn’t actually publish an update for five months*

December does seems long to me ._.

1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Um… im wondering, is this that new “big” December update? cos if it is, seems kinda lame and not much, i mean its great that they are updating the lower rank ships to make it more appealing for new people to play buut i have not seen a single bit of advertisement of this game which would increase the playerbase exponentially therefor thinking its a lame update.

Ofc that not it! ^^

Older players have invested themselves into the game, and have shown patience when waiting for improvements.  We need new players.  This focus, from the beginning, of revamping all the silver ships works great to ensure a better starting game experience.  Of course the devs will work out changes / updates for the higher rank ships.

I think, however, it’s very important to work out the updates according to the basic faction attribute.  Jericho focuses on shields, empire is hull, flat damage, and thermal based weapons, federation is kinetic, speed, and crit based damage, which leaves jericho to shields, em damage, and crit multiplier,  Something along those lines.  I think deviating from a solid thematic approach to the redesign / updates would be very detrimental to overall ship design.

Please note: I’m not saying jericho should focus on crit damage, etc., I added those elements in to give the idea of theme based design.  I’m happy to see this declaration of intent, and I look forward to more.

10 hours ago, Sola_Evoli said:

That is the problem:

40’000 credits for average players mid-week

600’000 credits for premium ships with license and 50GP 3 hour boosters on weekends

I have enough monocrystals and neodynium, but not enough cr and loyalty atm.

And what does it have to do with command ship upgrades? Please stay on topic.

Can we expect additional content for the Secret Projects aswell? 

I’d really love to see some kind of a Heavy Blaster/Meson for the Mjolnir, some Special Kinetic gun for the Saw one or a special Plasma gun for the Jaguar and so on… ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I want a high fire rate em weapon for fighter! we don’t have any of these ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

6 hours ago, he11cat5 said:

Older players have invested themselves into the game, and have shown patience when waiting for improvements.  We need new players.  This focus, from the beginning, of revamping all the silver ships works great to ensure a better starting game experience.  Of course the devs will work out changes / updates for the higher rank ships.

I think, however, it’s very important to work out the updates according to the basic faction attribute.  Jericho focuses on shields, empire is hull, flat damage, and thermal based weapons, federation is kinetic, speed, and crit based damage, which leaves jericho to shields, em damage, and crit multiplier,  Something along those lines.  I think deviating from a solid thematic approach to the redesign / updates would be very detrimental to overall ship design.

Please note: I’m not saying jericho should focus on crit damage, etc., I added those elements in to give the idea of theme based design.  I’m happy to see this declaration of intent, and I look forward to more.

Well actually Empire uses thermal damage, Jericho uses kinetic and Federation uses EM, each being effective against eachother, Empire>Federation>Jericho>Empire, its just rock paper scissors unless you equip other weapons, the updates shouldn’t be dead on the basic attributes, it never hurts to diversify with classes, it was this way since the beginning, or at least since classes were a thing, then we had destroyers and ellydium which further diversified what different classes can do, just because you are a recon it doesn’t mean you cannot be a damage dealer, or a debuffer, or a healer, as long as you have the equipment you can do anything out of anything, but the effectiveness will vary, its up to you to find a playstyle that balances on effectiveness and fun, its what makes this game unique and fun, in some aspects.

11 hours ago, he11cat5 said:

Man, Anyone can reach to rank 15 in one day. -__-

9 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

Man, Anyone can reach to rank 15 in one day. -__-

I sincerely doubt that unless you mean 24 hours of play time.

2 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I sincerely doubt that unless you mean 24 hours of play time.

Anyone can reach R15 in one faction in one day, IF they spend hella cash on synergy boxes. Bc the new leveling wall is absolutely infuriating.

I quit my alt after getting tharga and procy because of it.

Got to like R13 and got fed up.

I’m super effing glad that I was already R15 in all factions before that patch. I feel super sorry for anyone who wasn’t.

If the Resonating ammo farming was still as strong as it used to be then it would’ve made sense, I ended up levelling 3 R15s from 0 to 10 in one day or farming.

I meant the free ways, i dont know about the cash ways.