Developer Blog from May 17. Phoenix and Reaper

giphy.gif

I knew it, this gonna be a great thing, thanks. :fed001:

So if this update hasn’t been released yet, wouldn’t I now be able to take advantage of this knowledge and buy the ship with GS now so that I don’t have to build it with parts later?

No complaints about that if that’s the case

They are DLC ships, i doubt they’ll modify DLCs content -to much headache with steam. Probably goona be dlc buyout and free farm.

autunm? :o that quite long isn’t it ?

Destro’s got bumped back it seems. The devs really like playing with this new system and so many very important new mechanics are coming so the wait is probs worth it. ;3

Marvellous News my friends! Indeed, some of the destroyer contest concepts inspired the dev team, thats wonderfull!

Would the “Customization” be restricted as is, meaning no personal Colouring other than the pre-set pirate style?

I assume we keep them and they just get updated.

I would like to see a menu feature like the right-mouse-click in the ship tree window for destroyers : “Refit ship”, because I already have these two ships from DLC.

Thanks! After this great news, I’m gonna start to play the game again actually. It would be cool to also add some special powers to the Razor, the blood tormentor, the sawtooth, the Cutter, and all the other pirate ships.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Full Ack!  Make the Nyx and Blood Tormentor r8 in this new way!

New mechanics, balance changes, I welcome this! Pirates should be special - its a good idea. And yea… where are top destros? you know those r11 were just sandwich we want to fly tho real thing!

Full Ack!

autunm? :o that quite long isn’t it ?

Yes! But enough time to get one of these for everyone!

Yes! But enough time to get one of these for everyone!

it will be if we know what’s required to do them! :005j:

I hope the farming wont be too much insane…

I hope the farming wont be too much insane…

Of cause it could be easier anywhere anytime …

but so far, I think:

… the new build system is reasonable fair both to get it totally free after grinding …

… and quicker for players who would like to support the game through GS.

The new build mechanic and shop system is also an interesting and fair innovation.

The newly redesigned Phoenix and Reaper premium ships show that the dev- and design-team are up to break new ground besides the destroyers and respond to the needs and dreams of the player-base - that’s good in itself!

I would like to see, though, that r15 ships would not be available for players who only have tier two (T2) ships, only after they would get their first normal T5 ship (from rank 13 on) they would be allowed to get rank 15 premium ships. That could be made possible through more and diverse Premium build options in lower ranks.

The four crew hangar slots should be available much quicker, no need for a player of low rank to “cheat-so to speak” by buying a rank 15 ship to get his crew “Bravo”, “Charlie”, “Delta”…

I would just like for the credit loot to be gone, and totally satisfied to get 5 parts out of 10 won matches, 10 out of 10 for premium, it doesnt matter how much it asks for, 500 parts, 1000, i would like fair loot. Everything else is really well done and i support the idea of semi premium ships.

It looks to me like there’s some changes to the paint schemes as well. Can you confirm this? Also, does this mean we’ll finally get the ability to customise these ships? If so, I hope we have the option to keep or restore the old scheme - I like the darker look of the Phoenix.

[CinnamonFake](< base_url >/index.php?/user/257821-cinnamonfake/) (17 May 2016 - 05:26 PM):

There’s even new animations for those ships. They’ll look different, but not so much in static image.

Do we need faster CPUs or better Graphic cards ?

Do we need faster CPUs or better Graphic cards ?

Yes

CinnamonFake (Today, 10:37 AM):

No. That’s an issue we dealing with in every improvement and still sucseed)

No you aren’t successful every time, I just say spatial scanner and some of the new maps like the small one(the tube(I don’t know the name atm))

So… Update tonight? ;3

So… Update tonight? ;3

the server was behaving a bit fishy, maybe… xd

Haven’t watched the stream, so can someone post a short summary?

Haven’t watched the stream, so can someone post a short summary?

Sure

Reaper:

It has a weapon that deals medium EM damage (Kinda 20% lower than singularity), that drags the target to you. Also it’s a new weapon model. Very cool.

The special module creates a big shield bubble that lasts for 5 seconds. 

It has 2 new unique modules:

One that drags the target to you at the speed of 150 m/s I think. Very useful to drag other frigates to your spike, that now actually deals damage!

The second one creates and additional shield with 5k capacity. If after 3 seconds it doesn’t get destroyed, it recharges your shield by 5k points.  

Phoenix:

The most op ship ever.

Its weapon is basically a mass driver that has 125% bonus crit damage, and it can be fitted to have lots of crit chance. It melts people.

The drones can be manually set to deal damage or restore shield and hull. In attack mode, they also lower resistances of your target…

I didn’t understand what the unique module do. 

Wow. Sounds interesting.

>>The second one creates and additional shield with 5k capacity. If after 3 seconds it doesn’t get destroyed, it recharges your shield by 5k points.<<

How are the shield’s config? Have it resistance like the user or is it more like the barrier from destroyer(just HP with 0/0/0 resistance) or even like the command bubble?

To the phoenix:

>>Its weapon is basically a mass driver that has 125% bonus crit damage, and it can be fitted to have lots of crit chance. It melts people.<<

Boah. o.o Then we need the stats of its base damage, because this sound really strange.

>>The drones can be manually set to deal damage or restore shield and hull. In attack mode, they also lower resistances of your target…<<

So the user has the choice? Sounds interesting. If not carefully you waste potential. (^.^)

How are the shield’s config? Have it resistance like the user or is it more like the barrier from destroyer(just HP with 0/0/0 resistance) or even like the command bubble?

0/0/0 resistance.

About the Nail gun or whatever its name is, if I’m not wrong, the base dps is like 1300. But, if you spec the ship and implants for high crit chance and use some of the Phoenix module, you can no problem reach over 2400 dps, all of that while having high projectile speed, rate of fire and cooling time. It’s a pretty insane weapon. 

0/0/0 resistance.

About the Nail gun or whatever its name is, if I’m not wrong, the base dps is like 1300. But, if you spec the ship and implants for high crit chance and use some of the Phoenix module, you can no problem reach over 2400 dps, all of that while having high projectile speed, rate of fire and cooling time. It’s a pretty insane weapon. 

I like the name : Nailgun, like from your DIY hardware store :wink: tak tak tak tak tak

Patchnotes are pushed and aside from a new container it looks like there’s not much new stuff. (Can’t say more until patch is released.)

Now we just have to wait until they push the update so we can start grinding those primary modules. XD