Developer blog from February 5th: The Invasion's History: Dreadnoughts

d922586e7de756b6e3e528d3f7bb.jpg

As you may know from our previous developer blog posts, for us the game has become a fantastic interactive series, where the leading role is played by you — pilots and mercenaries.

As befits a modern series, the plot is divided into parts that we called seasons. Everything that happened in the game before release, we consider to be backstory. Game release and the start of Invasion heralded the beginning of the first season that is nearing its end now.

33f5f2034f4725fbb0586900b098.png

The second season is not just a new round of global plot of the game, but also a large, important and all-encompassing content update. This includes new contracts, new locations, new enemies, zones destroyed by war with Aliens and more. And most importantly — the new Sector Conquest, which will begin simultaneously with the start of the second season.

The new Conquest will unfold between the even-stronger corporations for control of real sectors available to pilots in the open spacemode ‘Invasion’. Now, corporations can control the resources in locations and receive an income. Fight with other corporations to expand their influence. And a major role in this new war for control over sectors should be played by dreadnoughts.

Dreadnoughts can be built by all the corporations that can afford spending rather large amounts of their iridium stock on construction, repair and maintenance. We recommend that corporations start accumulating resources right now for the fastest possible construction of dreadnoughts in the future.

6be4259dac3740c9c94232980a84.png

Corporations will be able to build a special dock, and use it to build their dreadnoughts. Construction progress can be controlled by all members of the corporation in special sections of the shipyard. When the ship is ready, and it is a very long process, Dreadnought can be used in Sector Conquest.

Corporation officers will determine the strategy and select dreadnought deployment positions. Dreadnoughts will require maintenance, tweaking and selecting the most effective combat systems.

Using dreadnoughts will require the development of new strategies and tactics. And when the battle begins — you are going to need everyone able to bear arms! Victory will determine not only whose dreadnought is cooler, but also whose fleet is more agile, has better intelligence, and is better prepared for battle — all this will significantly increase your chances of winning.

4b5a28940e2ba1abfb36913639b9.png

We will give you all the details of the new Sector Conquest at the time of its launch. Season 2 is a massive update. We want it to produce a powerful and exciting response. We are currently working on tweaks and improvements in collaboration with our testers assembled from the most active players.

We will keep you posted on the new season and its key features in future developer blogs.
Stay Tuned!

I have one question, does this mean that people who aren’t in a corp that controls a sector cannot enter the sector?

:008j: :008j: :008j: :008j: :008j: :008j:

OH MY GOD!!!

This sounds amazing. Guys u r really going to make a masterpiece :012j:

That fed beast looks astonishing!

But most important of all: start serious advertising now

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooood.

Invasion will finally start having a ton of activity… YES

Since it will require corps to actually use invasion to get the sectors, the CDF will rise!

(Hinting towards millanbel to have wars over sectors for fun :smiley: )

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooood.

Invasion will finally start having a ton of activity… YES

(Hinting towards millanbel to have wars over sectors for fun :smiley: )

For fun? Depends how much dreads cost to repair… I think if it costs a lot, many people will hesitate before engaging them, a bit like what I have heard about capital ships in Eve. But yeah, I hope merging sec con into invasion with dreadnoughts will bring a lot more life to the Open World!!

With any luck, all the big corps will become more active again, and GoD may be forced to join CDF in order to fight the might of the space bears…

One of my other biggest hopes is that owning a sector with a dread in it allows you to spawn directly into that sector from your dread! That would be cool and would encourage corps to push ever further into the depths of space, in search of materials, wealth and fame… (basically I want a dread in Fort Muerto which I can spawn out of :D)

Well I’m getting a bit carried away now, but it is nice to read all this!

One of my other biggest hopes is that owning a sector with a dread in it allows you to spawn directly into that sector from your dread! That would be cool and would encourage corps to push ever further into the depths of space, in search of materials, wealth and fame… (basically I want a dread in Fort Muerto which I can spawn out of :D)

Same here, I reallllllllllly want to be able to dock at the dreadnought.

Also, yes for fun. CDF won’t hesitate, instead we will get a wing from each corporation all at once and send them at it. So like 7*12.

As long as open world remains open I’m good

I’m gonna take dreadnought just for kill yehalex!! Than I’m gonna destroy his environment  forest ,trees hell i  will shoot even tiny bees no more honey for space bears!!

Could not be emphasized enough. If the devs really want this game to take off, much more advertising needs to be done, especially in the US. This game has some serious potential in the US, as many US players enjoy these types of games.

Could not be emphasized enough. If the devs really want this game to take off, much more advertising needs to be done, especially in the US. This game has some serious potential in the US, as many US players enjoy these types of games.

If trying to Gain US players, they need to improve the quality of the servers. For example, the Russian Servers that run the Invasion Mode are total crap for US players. Lag, packet loss, and the worse frustration is not being able to jump out of the system or abandon ship with out having to wait for 30-40 mins to log back in. So either allow us to select the region to play in invasion and not force us to connect to a server that “Sucks”, like how you can choose your region for the PvE and PvP. Otherwise some are less likely to put a dime into buying DLC’s, GS’s, and ships/bundles.

200% these. Arcade-flight-style sims are making a comeback in the USA, now is the perfect time to advertise to the growing population.

If trying to Gain US players, they need to improve the quality of the servers. For example, the Russian Servers that run the Invasion Mode are total crap for US players. Lag, packet loss, and the worse frustration is not being able to jump out of the system or abandon ship with out having to wait for 30-40 mins to log back in. So either allow us to select the region to play in invasion and not force us to connect to a server that “Sucks”, like how you can choose your region for the PvE and PvP. Otherwise some are less likely to put a dime into buying DLC’s, GS’s, and ships/bundles.

More players means more money to fix servers, or buy more servers to improve quality.

This is going to be EPIC!

woohoo cant wait

Everybody is waiting for dreadnoughts and I’m just waiting for Ariphes.

Honestly there needs to be a balance between advertising and player education. Advertising won’t mean anything if new players suck at the game and leave whereas you need more players to fund the development of player education. Improving current game content and streamlining the customization of ships would boost revenues as well.

A reminder:

• Advertise

• Educate players

• Improve MM to -1/+1 squad

• Improve server quality and quantity for SE Asia, South America and 'Murica

• Improve monetization

Everybody is waiting for dreadnoughts and I’m just waiting for Ariphes.

Honestly there needs to be a balance between advertising and player education. Advertising won’t mean anything if new players suck at the game and leave whereas you need more players to fund the development of player education. Improving current game content and streamlining the customization of ships would boost revenues as well.

A reminder:

• Advertise

• Educate players

• Improve MM to -1/+1 squad

• Improve server quality and quantity for SE Asia, South America and 'Murica

• Improve monetization

Don’t turn this thread into a discussion about MM or servers… :smiley:   We got enough of those threads…  Just be pleased and excited about what is coming in this Season 2, like I am!!!

Can’t wait for some cinematic trailer with huge dreadnoughts battles… :fed_cool:

New players will join, thousands and thousands if the advertising is done well. You’ll see :006j:

Dreadnoughts corps battles to control real sectors… Oh my God… Too good to be true…

Are the dreadnoughts player controlled? If not Dreadnought game here I come.

Dreadnoughts can be built by all the corporations that can afford spending rather large amounts of their iridium stock on construction, repair and maintenance. We recommend that corporations start accumulating resources right now for the fastest possible construction of dreadnoughts in the future.

Since yesterday evening, we are finally full up :slight_smile:

v7phuAE.jpg

Since yesterday evening, we are finally full up :slight_smile:

v7phuAE.jpg

I know that Dreadnoughts will come later this year.

Until then, ESB still needs to get 42500 Iridium, but we got time, probably months, before it can really be used.

I know that Dreadnoughts will come later this year.

Until then, ESB still needs to get 42500 Iridium, but we got time, probably months, before it can really be used.

wow you guys are slacking :smiley: