Developer blog from December 28: New progress system and campaign

I was going to make a suggestion about “prestigeing” in the game where you keep your fleet strength and any unique items/ships, but your standard ships and weapons etc are reset to R1 like you just joined. This way you can still rank up super fast and keep your unique items, but continue with the new game experience. Would also keep players from making new accounts just to play the game.

4 hours ago, evo888 said:

these two sound like great tactical parts for a map

this one, at this point you just deserve this one, it should count the kill to you if someone dies this way

Enemy name: Foxo

Enemy type: Animal/Turret

Hull: 10pts

Shield: Infinite

Primary weapon: Vulpanium Crystal

(looks like a little cannon turret on fox’s back)

Damage: 500 Thermal

Explosion radius: 250m

RoF: 60rpm

Range: 2,500m

Projectile tike speed: 5,000m/s.

Tooltip: A small foxo is throwing his crystals at you. Adorable. Crystals cause a massive explosion dealing 10x damage on contact with Iridium-based targets.

Secondary weapon: Vulpanium Laser

Damage: 1,000-5,000 EM

Radius: 250-50m

Recharge: 30s

Range: 3,000m

Tooltip: Fires a focusing rainbow beam that deals more damage in a smaller range as it fires.

Passive: Fox Fire

Tooltip: Sends a flume of orange fire out at enemies within 250m. Damage: 1,250 thermal/s

Passive: Redirective Shield

Tooltip: Sends hull damage to shields.

Passive: Golden Charge

Tooltip: If someone figures out how to kill foxo, they get 10 gold after the battle.

Passive: Spectral Cry

Tooltip: If foxo is damaged, he cries and sends out a wave of spectral energy that pushes away all objects and enemies.

20 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Enemy name: Foxo

Enemy type: Animal/Turret

Hull: 10pts

Shield: Infinite

Primary weapon: Vulpanium Crystal

(looks like a little cannon turret on fox’s back)

Damage: 500 Thermal

Explosion radius: 250m

RoF: 60rpm

Range: 2,500m

Projectile tike speed: 5,000m/s.

Tooltip: A small foxo is throwing his crystals at you. Adorable. Crystals cause a massive explosion dealing 10x damage on contact with Iridium-based targets.

Passive: Fox Fire

Tooltip: Sends a flume of orange fire out at enemies within 250m. Damage: 1,250 thermal/s

Passive: Redirective Shield

Tooltip: Sends hull damage to shields.

Passive: Golden Charge

Tooltip: If someone figures out how to kill foxo, they get 10 gold after the battle.

lol, what would the secret be?

Just now, evo888 said:

lol, what would the secret be?

Can only be killed by getting super close and doing that shield bypass main weapon thing. Basically the turret has to be in his face. XD

lol

4 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Sounds gorgeous! But I need to know, veteran pilots that already got everything in the game, will they directly have access to everything or, we’ll get reset, or we’ll have to buy more modules?

I guess it will be a game concept that is evolving the SC until 1.5 - maybe we will see SC2.0.0? Vet pilots will have all their fleet strength pilot rating etc, but we all will start with a rank inside a new ranking system (like a pilot who has everything so far will start maybe as 15/25 or maybe at 5/25, we will see.

I think we will not get 25 ship ranks, because new ranks can be earned by doing missions etc.

7 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

*giant alien plant springs up from the ground and sprays you with acid to dissolve your hull*

*touching the ground tangles you up in the roots and you are slowly pulled under until you lose connection*

*Alien turtles act like mirrors for projectiles*

*Birds that deal damage if you run in to them*

*Fox that spews fire and flings little crystals at your ship form the ground*

Haha - I believe we will maybe rather get a map that has a certain draw towards a point to simulate the gravity of the near by gas giant and maybe some kind of a boss that gets into play upon being triggered by noise, explosions or such…

8 hours ago, Shrike221 said:

…  the main features of Journey — a new player progress system and a story campaign in open space. …

New player progress system

Spoiler

All pilots — both beginners and experienced … will constantly improve their rank … [of] the overall level of progress … of 25 ranks …

player’s rank rises … in the following ways:

• For each new ship level.
  • Activating nodes in Ellydium ship tree
  • For every upgrade
  • For achievements

…each new rank gives  new modes, more powerful ships, weapons, modules … access to new locations in the ‘Open Space’

One may call it the Koro-system : unlock everything ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Campaign …

Spoiler

… main way to achieve new ranks will be the completion of special assignments from UMC. These tasks are united by a common plot and will tell your personal adventure story in the world of Star Conflict … pilots will visit all the major sectors of the ‘Open Space’ …

this will be very cool. I actually had fun going out to open space ‘Research Center’ and ‘Gas Harvest’ to down alien ships and player’s ships for the Xenochips currency - ensured enough duplicators left ![:006:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006.png “:006:”)

… and Open Space mode

Spoiler

Two new locations …  one … of a previously unknown race on a satellite of a gas giant … another location … buildings of the ancient race found on the planet … everything on it — both the flora and the fauna — is absolutely gigantic in size, something unknown shakes it from within …

I think the first will have some kind of gravity bias towards a certain point (directing to the gas giant) the latter will may be like a map of WarThunder

![:wopl_smile_war_thunder:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wopl_smile_war_thunder.gif “:wopl_smile_war_thunder:”)   ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

:heart:Thank you!:heart: And a happy New Year to all developers, designers and everyone not mentioned ![:snowgirl:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/snowgirl.gif “:snowgirl:”)

Neat.

But yea, servers are better be good. I’m sick of looking at my ship and actually everything in the sector freeze or go back in time of a few sec.

Will rank 25 also require all the crafted ships (destroyers) and the crafted modules, that are hardly possible to come by?

I think its going to be more of a profile level than ship rank as we are used to by now.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

I think its going to be more of a profile level than ship rank as we are used to by now.

I think so as well. It would be unethical to leave “old” ships of Rank 15 obsolete!

You know, at the moment, some battles in AI you get only destroyers bots. They get spawned camped by the worst team setup you could think of.

Maybe that’s an indication something has to be done when 8+ destroyers can’t do a thing.

I think they should have been included in the rework of the Legacy.

Or in a near future, hopefully.

Even more so with all those new AoE weapons, and we’re not halfway through the Legacy ships yet.

7 minutes ago, SoulDeliverer said:

You know, at the moment, some battles in AI you get only destroyers bots. They get spawned camped by the worst team setup you could think of.

Maybe that’s an indication something has to be done when 8+ destroyers can’t do a thing.

Or in a near future, hopefully.

Even more so with all those new AoE weapons, and we’re not halfway through the Legacy ships yet.

i agree, also i like that name “Legacy ships”

I just got enough xp to rank up from 9 to 10 but I’m not ranking up and I got 60 XP over the needed amount to rank up.

can someone explain, please?

Do I need to play 300 campaign missions that are “cap 5 beacons” and “kill 30 enemies on that map” ?

Just progress in the main campaign tasks. They are easy as heck. Also don’t think that’s the current amount, as 30ish unlocks lvl 16 and access to Granite/Wolfhound BPs.

On 1.1.2018 at 10:04 PM, SoulDeliverer said:

I bet it will come in the future - just question of allocation of dev-man-hours and priority (also special project ships)

I can accept the changes but just the way to grind resources.I prefer the older way to grind resources by battle trophy.The new way to get resources is just annoying and take too long.