Developer blog from August 27th: Autumn plans

Summer has gone by. Today, we want to share our plans for the first week of autumn. Very soon we are going to show you what the development team has been working hard all summer. It’s a large and important update that we want to dedicate to mercenaries — you, our players.

6403c6397e45add367f38e0d1d24.png

‘Monolith Ruins’ location. Decaying relic view.

Next week, you will discover the great military secret, all the tasks of the mysterious Miss Summer will finally come to an end. We hope you enjoyed working on her jobs. Just to remind you, the pilots who will performed all the tasks from Summer will receive a new ship called ‘Nyx’.

If you watch the news on the game website, you know that Summer and her tasks are surrounded by a twisted tangle of intrigue and espionage. It turns out that the lovely girl is not the one whom she claims to be. Maybe she does not act alone!

But let’s not disclose all the intrigue surrounding the events. All in good time. Let’s just say that the story of Miss Summer does not end this summer and will continue in the fall. Pilots will be able to compete for brand new weapons working on new physical principles.

Do not forget about the anniversary — one year since the game’s release. The year was eventful. We added new game modes and Dreadnoughts. But we will support a good tradition of large autumn updates.

485e429ced8d16a6b9e28c49f3ec.png

‘Monolith Ruins’ location. The orbital complex’s population used to reach several dozen million people…

We previously wrote that in the new update you will see a destroyed orbital complex — a city known as ‘Monolith Ruins’. A Majestic Monolith, a drifting colony of the Jericho Liu family, the pride of the departed fleet. Monolith is considered to be a shrine. Legend says it was secretly used by Bartle himself to leave Earth.

A new location has been discovered in Troy system — ‘Sanctuary’. It’s a tombstone of a bygone civilization, ancient structures are motionless on the orbits of the system’s planets. This is the first tangible proof of the existence of those who came before us…

A new challenge for pilots is an encounter with the Destroyer. Currently, scientists have no data on the characteristics of the new Alien ship. The only thing we know for sure is that when Destroyer appears next to peaceful planets and stations, no trace of them remains.

And some peaceful locations are about to be attacked by pirates. The regular army is pinned down fighting Aliens, and that means that there is no one to stop the pirates! The last hope is for you, mercenaries!

5c3230c982a290b1d097da275c97.png

Latest Jericho fighter ‘Saw One’.

One of the receiver antennae of an early warning system.

We are also paying attention to our top pilots! Very soon they will get access to new ships of the highest technological level. The latest developments of scientists — secret project ships — have advanced weaponry and defence systems. Many mercenaries will want to strengthen their fleets with these ships!

Of course, that’s far from everything included in the update. Follow the news. Visit the game forum. Subscribe to the game’s groups in social networks. We will tell you about all the new features in the game.

Looking forward to your comments!

Sincerely,

Star Conflict team

I cannot say anything, at least not until we get to see any actual content, which may be weeks away.

I am more worried about the lack of paid advertisement and recognition of this game.

I cannot say anything, at least not until we get to see any actual content, which may be weeks away.

I am more worried about the lack of paid advertisement and recognition of this game.

I’m fine with it actually. If the devs wouldn’t have enough income, they wouldn’t work on the game, so it must be good.

I’m fine with it actually. If the devs wouldn’t have enough income, they wouldn’t work on the game, so it must be good.

If a game doesn’t bring enough income, either modify and improve certan aspects or terminate it.

If a game doesn’t bring enough income, either modify and improve certan aspects or terminate it.

So far it looks like it brings enough income, since they are actively working on it, improving it and including more content. I don’t think they would do it if they weren’t earning money with it.

Nice. New stuff always is welcome in this game. I can’t wait to face the Destroyer!

I also wonder if they are going to rework the current dreadnought battle system…

So far it looks like it brings enough income, since they are actively working on it, improving it and including more content. I don’t think they would do it if they weren’t earning money with it.

Game has so much potential. It is obvious. It needs to shine, not to be put aside or kept in the dark.

That sometimes is even worse, than dying. Wasted potential.

We are all eagerly awaiting September’s update. It is my last hope.

Cool looks like I can play mirror’s edge in that map

The names of these Dev Blogs… What’s the next one? “Winter plans”? :smiley:

Nah dood, “Santa plans”

neat

always cool to get new content, but…core stuff still needs tweaking

Such as having some kind of chat gm so we don’t get multiple account trolls like last night… Perhaps the 50 reports he most likely will receive will make them think of an idea >:)

Nah dood, “Santa plans”

I hope for Christmas presents!  :005j:

Game has so much potential. It is obvious. It needs to shine, not to be put aside or kept in the dark.

Two years I didn’t know that this game exists. And I m active PC gamer and big fan of space genre…  :fed003:

Two years I didn’t know that this game exists. And I m active PC gamer and big fan of space genre…  :fed003:

More than 3, actually.

More than 3, actually.

I saw this game about 1 year i started playing it, i didnt liked how it looked in gameplay videos from youtube (seemed steady and without much substance). Before this game i played Ace Online for several years (it has a really old and crappy engine, but gameplay and grind/skill balance was great along with the gameplay opportunities (open space style)), then i dont really remember why i encouraged myself to download SC and give it a try; i was amazed with the tutorial (drooling hard xD): great graphics/performance and nice control mechanics (they give much more opportunities to fly your ship than ace online). I liked my experience from my firsts PVP and PVE: the idea of getting money and experience from playing against other players was something i hadnt seen before (really positive), because i was used to play games where you require to kill mindless bots to farm your equipment and lvls for years (and once you got into a PVP fight you really suck because you had no idea how to play). Also PVE seemed really fun because of the staged zones with different objectives, playing co-op style and being skill intensive (I did improved a lot my skills in PVE).

However, in time i found out about shooting mechanics (related to ping) and the “wobble” issue…wich really kills me now. Also PVP MM gave me real hard times so atm i dont play it (i guess ill have to play it to get the weapon :V), and instead i get a lot of joy when i play Planetside 2: you dont have to rely on teammates, your score depends on yourself mostly, you can squad up with friends at any time, ping is handled just like you were playing single player.

This game has so many positive things, but the negative ones cast a shadow over the game and maybe it is why many players quit. The issues ive named have been there for a long time and i doubt they will be adressed soon :confused:

Yeah, apparently wobble is because every single player has bad internet connections lol