Developer Blog entry from October, 30th. Fleet Strenght, Selling ships and Balance (0.9.9. Update)

The problem with fixed tiers is that when you advance one tier and you get your shiny rank 7 with all the stock modules, you can’t add to your roster any other rank 6 you are also levelling, so you have to wait until you have 3 rank 7 to play, or just play with a single ship roster which is stock and you will be the bottom of the feed chain.

With mixed tiers you can be on top even with rank 7 ships, or you can be on bottom, making grinding better.

For example, at this moment I’m playing with a rank 7 gunship, rank 6 recon, and rank 5 guard as my main roster, while I’m saving for buyin rank 7 recon and guards. I don’t find difficult to play against other rank 7 or rank 8 with my tier 2 ships.

You could have a T4 with 3 T1’s in your other slots, just like now. Difference is that then you would have to fight T4’s instead of T2’s.

You could have a T4 with 3 T1’s in your other slots, just like now. Difference is that then you would have to fight T4’s instead of T2’s.

That is what I mean. Now I can play with half the enemy team with tier 3 ships, and the other half with tier 2 ships, so I can be in even terms no matter which ship I chose.

With locked tiers, and the improvement in performance there should be in every tier, having a roster with different tiers would be suicidal.

I suppose it is a matter of taste.

That is what I mean. Now I can play with half the enemy team with tier 3 ships, and the other half with tier 2 ships, so I can be in even terms no matter which ship I chose.

With locked tiers, and the improvement in performance there should be in every tier, having a roster with different tiers would be suicidal.

I suppose it is a matter of taste.

I don’t disagree with mixed tiers. 

Though it needs some refinement, T1 has no chance against T2/T3…

I don’t disagree with mixed tiers. 

Though it needs some refinement, T1 has no chance against T2/T3…

In that we agree. I think tier 1 should be a separated tier. Or at least give them the module choices of tier 2.

In that we agree. I think tier 1 should be a separated tier. Or at least give them the module choices of tier 2.

I would suggest actually locking T1 out from people who played certain amount of games completely. Or make MM note that “player x has played at least 50 hours worth of battles, if he picks T1, he will be matched into T2 minimum”.

That or make alternate queue just for new people like most games do.

I don’t see a problem with tier 1 being seperated. If some pro’s want to go to T1, good luck to them. They will get very little credits and loyalty thus practicly stopping their progression.

that’s why this game is the best game at world !!!
Tnx devs, very good news !
Sell ships and decrease of sinergy is what I would to see in this game. TNX A LOT!

Has anyone checked if the increase in synergy (due to fleet power) is really hapening? Ive seen ppl complaining that it is not working.

Has anyone checked if the increase in synergy (due to fleet power) is really hapening? Ive seen ppl complaining that it is not working.

I’m still waiting for an official response. In my case, I’m getting the same amount of synergy as last night, and that’s sad.