Developer Blog entry from May 14th. Pirates, New Map, Ratings and other news!

d922586e7de756b6e3e528d3f7bb.jpg

Mercenaries!

In today’s entry, we would like to start with an important problem called piracy. As we mentioned earlier, the three sides of conflict control only some of the locations near their strongholds. However, the further the brave pilots go, the more dangers they encounter along the way — and one of them (but not the most terrifying) is pirates.

These ruthless killers are not just hiding in remote locations, but are also huddling into pirate gangs and attacking anyone they do not like (needless to say they don’t really like anyone ). Besides attacks on pilots, pirates gather together to attack caravans , moving under protection of the military of one of the three sides.

Therefore, in addition to hunting mercenaries of other sides of conflict, your tasks will include the destruction of pirate forces, as well as convoy defence.

Moving on to the next part of our blog: as you may remember, in the previous entry of our blog we talked about the upcoming map titled ‘ Precursor Generator ’. We continue working on it and we’d like to share a few images of the new battleground:

2c2b47fa5879e793516f486ebd24.jpg

028dc2d894614bad25930b36ffb4.jpg

79d5e7805ef85bb7f77988c298e7.jpg

7674217afffa48ab8d6ec7671659.jpg

028be28170c698a5c605d82dcf47.jpg

023f82d8ad2203b633ab9c74be90.jpg

988eba4a5e969f270443dbdbaa48.jpg

The models are still ‘intact’, but since the map is supposed to be in ruins, later they will be ‘broken’ to show the destruction that took place in the long time of existence of this ancient structure.
Besides working on the map, we have prepared one more brand new ship! You can learn more (and admire) about it tomorrow, follow our news!

Next, we would like to tell you about a very interesting innovation — weekly leaderboards.
Every week, not only can the pilots occupy the first place in these rankings, but also receive rewards for that! That’s right—the best pilots in the game will be able to receive Galactic Standards weeekly for occupying the top spot in the ranking.

e128bc3eaa24647663f69f5591fe.png

In this tab, you’ll find three new leaderboards:

- Maximum PvP efficiency
This rating indicates the maximum efficiency of the pilot in a single PvP battle.

- Maximum PvE effectiveness.
This rating indicates the maximum efficiency of the pilot in a single PvE battle.

- Ships destroyed
This rating indicates the total number of downed ships in PvP battles.

Of course, you’re wondering how many GS you can get? We will not tease you:

• For the first place in one of the ratings , the pilot will be able to get 400 Galactic Standards.
  • For the second place200 Galactic Standards
  • And for the third place100 Galactic Standards.

You may have noticed our emphasis on ‘ one of the leaderboards ’? It’s not just a throwaway remark — if the pilot shows outstanding results and takes all the prize places in weekly ratings, he will receive a reward for each of them! Thus, you can get quite a good reward for your efforts and skill in battle!

In addition, we have added a new filtering capability to rankings to make it easier for pilots to navigate them:

6393f8e0cd10b725d5c04b939c52.png

But that’s not all!
For the convenience of the players, we have implemented Bundles — special offers, which include several premium ships and unique stickers , which can not be obtained any other way. The price, of course, is set to be more attractive if you want to obtain the ships together, not separately. And should you own part of the ships in the bundle, you may purchase it for a reduced price!

4b685927f9c17e78122099ec35a5.png

So in conclusion, we would like to touch on PvP. We carried out a small refinement of the matchmaker — now for all squads consisting of two people the matchmaker will search for an equivalent squad. This step was taken due to the feedback of our players about situations where the amount of players in the teams was not equal, also, we’ve seen messages that there were combat situations when 6 random players were fighting against 3 well played-squads of 2 pilots. This change should correct the situation.

To make the ‘Team Battle’ mode as explosive as possible and interesting for the players, we have modified the number of points needed to win - now it will be floating , depending on the size of the team.
That is, the smaller the teams are, the less points have to be accumulated. We have taken this step because our players have noted the slowness of combat if the teams are relatively small in number.

That’s all for today, as usual, we welcome your comments below!

Sincerely,
Star Conflict Team.

If we already own all the ships in a bundle will we get the unique stickers / paint schemes?

I’m glad you fixed the 2-man squad issue, but I hope it won’t push matchmaking times up. I think after 3-4 minutes squads of any size should be queued as solo.

I love the thing with the ladderboards!

“now for all squads consisting of two people the matchmaker will search for an equivalent squad.”

This is silly tho, 2 guys should not wait for another 2 guys to que. The problem was that you actually had 3 squads in the matchmaker, and they were all going in the same team, instead of being spread as equally as possible. 

- Maximum PvE effectiveness.
This rating indicates the maximum efficiency of the pilot in a single PvE battle

I fear people will be afk for 20 minutes in PvE games just to get 400 weekly GS.

If we already own all the ships in a bundle will we get the unique stickers / paint schemes?

I’m glad you fixed the 2-man squad issue, but I hope it won’t push matchmaking times up. I think after 3-4 minutes squads of any size should be queued as solo.

Yes, you can still get them. In fact, in the RU forums it says that if you have already the ships you get a reduced prize on the bundle. Maybe Antibus forgot to translate that part.

So in conclusion, we would like to touch on PvP. We carried out a small refinement of the matchmaker — now for all squads consisting of two people the matchmaker will search for an equivalent squad. This step was taken due to the feedback of our players about situations where the amount of players in the teams was not equal, also, we’ve seen messages that there were combat situations when 6 random players were fighting against 3 well played-squads of 2 pilots. This change should correct the situation.

Does it mean 2 man squad can not play the game until there is 2 man squad on enemy side?

IF yes ->  :facepalm:  :014j:  :fed014: 

As mentioned earlier, problem was grouping all 2 man squads on the same of the match vs all random teams not the 2 man squad having no opposition 2 man.

Other than that, very positive and exciting news!

Yes, you will.

Regarding times - we will be closesly monitoring the situation, but so far it is expected that times will mostly be the same. 

I fear people will be afk for 20 minutes in PvE games just to get 400 weekly GS.

No, it won’t be that easy )

No, it won’t be that easy )

Let me guess, Efficiency factor bonus regarding the time needed to complete the PvE mission?

The leaderboard stuff is quite good, and the GS rewards are great, but you will need to tweak the boards so you don’t have:

• People spending 30 mins in endless waves stages just farming eff.

• Top players in T1 farming kills all day by sealclubbing or efficiency with recons in T1 domination.

Saw yesterday some blueprints where avaliable to buy along with requirements to bild new tech, price is a bit big.

Hope you are not making misions to fight these pirates to get minerals and other stuf we need for new tech.

What kostyan said is very relevant. The problem was not that squads met randoms, but that the MM put 3 squads on one side and 0 on the other instead of puttin 2 and 1.

Also, i dont like this leaderboard thing. As long as it doesn’t give rewards only epeen, it’s great. As soon as it starts to give rewards, it will get abused. Not only PvE, but imagine if i get into a 4v4, i can just trade beacons until the game is up, getting infinite efficiency.

The beginning models for that map look sick!! I enjoy fighting in structures and ruin type things.  Just like in the 2nd part of crimson haze where you are fighting inside the tunnels. 

I think that the new 2 man squad rule is fair personally, but there needs to be many more people playing the game so we don’t have to wait several minutes just for battles. Living in the states, trying to find matches later at night (after work and such) takes FOREVER since there aren’t as many that play the game right now.  300 people online is pretty sketchy when trying to cue up with a friend. 

Bundles are a good idea (especially for newer players starting), Scaling team battle kill counter is a superb idea, and I have to agree with a comment on here earlier about the video being pretty boring.  Don’t get me wrong, the idea is great, and I personally am super anxious to see it first hand, but to others they might not know what is going on really.  Throw in some cool music, epic camera angling, and some bad-a Russian accent narration and it would help get more people into this amazing game y’all have created!

Just my thoughts anyways! ;)wt

bad-a Russian accent narration

Yes I agree!  I love listening to a language I can’t understand when it sounds epic! (and that wasn’t sarcasm)

Good work for the rest of it.  I’m not sure about the two-man squads business but we’ll see how it turns out…

I am also dubious about efficiency farming for rewards as previous posts have pointed out.  I hope you put a safe system in place.

I’m going to love this patch lol

To make the ‘Team Battle’ mode as explosive as possible and interesting for the players, we have modified the number of points needed to win - now it will be floating , depending on the size of the team.
That is, the smaller the teams are, the less points have to be accumulated. We have taken this step because our players have noted the slowness of combat if the teams are relatively small in number.

I like theese 2 point very much.

Change in MM with 2 men squad was absolutely needed, i like changes to team battle as well…

well done!

Change in MM with 2 men squad was absolutely needed, i like changes to team battle as well…

Can you explain why? Having a maximum of one more 2-man squad on a side is not game breaking.

Can you explain why? Having a maximum of one more 2-man squad on a side is not game breaking.

Because too many matches consisted of 3 2-man squads on one side and none on the other. I once played a 10v10 with 9 squadded pilots on one team and 3 on the other.

Because too many matches consisted of 3 2-man squads on one side and none on the other. I once played a 10v10 with 9 squadded pilots on one team and 3 on the other.

our question is: Is it mandatory to have 2 man squad on both sides in order to have a game as a 2 man squad, same behavior as 3-4 man squads, or did they mean to spread 2 man squads equally into different teams, rather than grouping it up on the same side. This is very unclear from the blog, and for me, it implies that 1st is true.

Yeah, and we already provided a solution before. See Kostyan. Try to read the whole thread before replying, k? Not that long yet.

I have all 52 premium ships. so…how many stickers do I receive? How many paint schemes would that be? 

+1 on the new map. Really nice and confined looking. Sounds like a tough battle within!

+1 on the new MM system. I question on if it HAS to wait for an equal squad or will it go in regardless after a certain time? 

+1 on the leader board rewards, this adds meaning. But why cant it be more GS? like a normal number scheme of 1000, 750 and 500? Wouldn’t that be more suited for more “competition?”

I like the idea behind the new weekly leader board, I will enjoy that new leader board :slight_smile: