Developer Blog entry from Jule 9th.: Observer and improvements in the ‘Invasion’ mode

d922586e7de756b6e3e528d3f7bb.jpg

Pilots!

Today we would like to talk about changes in the ‘Observer’ mode that allows watching the battles, and about additions to the ‘Invasion’.

‘Observer’

What was it like before?
This functionality has been available for a long time, but in trial form. Our testers and developers used this option that was not fully completed in terms of interface.

How will it work?
Now, any pilot can use this mode in a ‘Custom Battle’ room. The good old interface panel will have a new button ‘Spectate’, which will allow you to connect to the battle at any time. Observer access to the room, as well as access for other pilotsm is controlled by a password.

b6bfa8bc2a84dec6cc0f4e8c178400f4.png
Attention! The pilot can only observe battles started in the ‘Custom Battle’ mode.

The team distribution section will get a new panel for ‘Observers’, that displays those who joined to watch the battle.

fad9f0208f3cec193713e6a410549981.png

Observers do not participate in the battle. The observer’s camera is fixed on a pilot, and by using mouse buttons or clicking on the nickname in the list of pilots, you can switch to any mercenary in battle. Nicknames of pilots from the left section of the team distribution screen will always be blue, and the right section — red. Tactical map is also available for observation, but displays only those ships that are detected by the pilot you’re currently observing.

Improvements in the ‘Invasion’ mode
Polishing of this mode is in full swing, and we will actively continue to make changes to the gameplay and balance. Thus, the Imperial sector now has the popular PvE-mission ‘Blackwood Shipyard’. It’s located next to Ontregos system and will carry the same name. Access to the location will be open to ships from the second technological level.
We experimented a bit with marker icons — as before, the exclamation icon will appear always, but its display is above trophies and does not obscure the model. By the way, items from the cargo hold can now be ejected by pressing LMB.
And soon the pilots will be able to change the appearance of the ship in the theme of the new mode.

17ff0c36cc534d5bb5b508eb52b383b7.png

45ffa1cf8ffb9a60391ef0e97efcaaa8.png

This concludes today’s blog, and as always, looking forward to your comments!

Sincerely,
Team Star Conflict.

On the first screenshot, on the Harpy model, what is it? (Preset, new Colours or something else?)

It looks to be a preset to me. Look forward to painting my crusader in it!

*That smiley face on the side of the mauler XD *

On the first screenshot, on the Harpy model, what is it? (Preset, new Colours or something else?)

It is a preset, like the Titan one.

Is it a free gift to the closed beta testers like the Titan Coating was to DLC buyers, or will we need to shell out some GS?

Is it a free gift to the closed beta testers like the Titan Coating was to DLC buyers, or will we need to shell out some GS?

I expect this to be another preset, so it will be cheaper than the whole customization, but you will have to pay GS for it. I don’t think that giving it as a “gift” only to people in the closed beta will be fair for the rest of the players.

Why not? I think it’s fair. You have to make some effort to get in closed beta, and it’s not impossible (you can even get a free key). It would be a cool legacy gift to old players that helped test and improve this game mode…

Why not? I think it’s fair. You have to make some effort to get in closed beta, and it’s not impossible (you can even get a free key).

Because that will mean after the invasion goes into open beta, nobody else will be able to get it again. It won’t be fair imho…

Because that will mean after the invasion goes into open beta, nobody else will be able to get it again. It won’t be fair imho…

Has nothing to do with fairness. There are plenty achievements, titles, even modules in the game that those coming after won’t be able to get anymore. It’s just a question of whether the devs think they should give things out for free to keep the few existing players around.

Not that I particularly want this preset, don’t like the looks. I’d pay GS for adding the Hunter’s sound to my ship though so I can go scare people with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d pay GS for adding the Hunter’s sound to my ship though so I can go scare people with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d pay GS for the Hunter’s ship, just so I can cruise around the corner of a rock and own up an entire fleet.

observer butto n will be great idea and invation presets also good but  what will hapen with dreadnoughrs? i asked some questions on developer Q and A an there is no responce, how will the invation continiue? sector conquest ewill take place there? how many changes are planned for invation? are you plannining making it the main feature of the game (as it shuld because its awesome :D?) what are  you also plan for the further future? after dreadnoughts and invation the game will be released to 1.00.0 or more features will be added?

PS: by the way there is a iritating signal bug that if you shot a pirate and dont kill him and go to other sector the siggnal plays forever. even if you are in hagar and even if you log out and log in you need to close cilent  its anoying sometimes you know and sorry for posting this bug here 

I expect this to be another preset, so it will be cheaper than the whole customization, but you will have to pay GS for it. I don’t think that giving it as a “gift” only to people in the closed beta will be fair for the rest of the players.

Maybe gift it to CBT players and have it for sale to normal ones.

It doesn’t mean that will happen. Just like DarkFox said, it could be free for the closed beta testers and available for GS to the rest when the mode it’s open to everyone.

*That smiley face on the side of the mauler XD *

oh you… xp

Good dev blog. but i can’t figure out how to refer people properly. I asked the question in Dev QandA but it got deleted for some reason. It followed all the rules so I’m just going to post it again.

oh you… xp

Good dev blog. but i can’t figure out how to refer people properly. I asked the question in Dev QandA but it got deleted for some reason. It followed all the rules so I’m just going to post it again.

You press the “invite to game” button. Besides, your question was moved: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/23775-referring-friends-doesnt-work](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/23775-referring-friends-doesnt-work) since it was as off-topic there as it is here.

I definitely need that preset.

Hope it will be free for testers or will need to be “crafted”.

I prefer limited edition stuff, fair or not. It’s why it’s limited. I was always fond of founder mechs in MWO, they really are something special to look at, and I think it’s a nice reward to early supporters.