Developer Blog. Entry 99. The war on Pirates

7f2ead720622fb6dc35e4d1372ab.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates. Among them are new modes, maps, unique events and of course, new ships!

Today we will tell you about the war with Pirates.

UMC informs about the full-scale activation of pirate gangs led by the Enclave group! While all forces were mobilized for the war with aliens, pirates took a whole complex of Sci Tech structures and used them to increase their power!

Thanks to reliable sources, we learned that the Enclave openly recruits pilots, and a large part of mercenaries, as well as fighters from factions and corporations have joined their side! We strongly recommend that you do not believe the pirate propaganda and fight the new threat that looms over the civilian population!

Pirates will attempt to occupy more and more Open Space. Intelligence data showed that they have the resources to conquer the nearest locations.

All factions are preparing their dreadnoughts in order to give a worthy response to the Pirates’ offensive. Whose side to fight on? It’s up to you!

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned, and see you in space!

Hello, developers. Maybe it is time to upgrade the transport ships? Please, use this model for the upgrade! You already have this model, so just replace the caravan skins! P.S. I have seen this model in two Open Space locations; Dreamland and Excavation site №6. Where are skins in the game folder? I would like to give you the name of this skin. Maybe it is called models_ships_race_3_l_r3_l_shuttle.pak? Please, use this skin for transport ships.

33028093_screenshot-200716-212428(2).JPG.0b06cbaa3a8cb02f56947996377f85f4.JPG

14 hours ago, Deelena said:

UMC informs about the full-scale activation of pirate gangs led by the Enclave group! While all forces were mobilized for the war with aliens, pirates took a whole complex of Sci Tech structures and used them to increase their power!

I’m assuming this is the move away from New Threat and towards the next season of SC. I’d presume this would include the rumoured Artuga PvP maps moving into Open Space along with additional Pgod spawns.
I hope this also means chip farming won’t be strictly limited to Dream Land as it is currently.

14 hours ago, Deelena said:

Thanks to reliable sources, we learned that the Enclave openly recruits pilots, and a large part of mercenaries, as well as fighters from factions and corporations have joined their side! We strongly recommend that you do not believe the pirate propaganda and fight the new threat that looms over the civilian population!

Ahem, I have no idea what they mean. Why would I want to ally with a superpower capable of producing competent Destroyers  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

7 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Ahem, I have no idea what they mean. Why would I want to ally with a superpower capable of producing competent Destroyers  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Why would I want an Ally probably able to destroy Ellydium? ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

6 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Why would I want an Ally probably able to destroy Ellydium? ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Man I have no idea - why would we  ever  want to ally with the Enclave who have proven time and time again to be more competent than the main surviving factions?  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

3 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Man I have no idea - why would we  ever  want to ally with the Enclave who have proven time and time again to be more competent than the main surviving factions?  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Why would we ever want to ally with the Enclave who have proven to be the most powerful Artisans in the Galaxy and that they have an incredible fleet of real “Cutters” that are working at full power?

3 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Why would we ever want to ally with the Enclave who have proven to be the most powerful Artisans in the Galaxy and that they have an incredible fleet of real “Cutters” that are working at full power?

Man I have no idea - it’s almost like for a mercenary  the Enclave would never prove to be beneficial employers.

8 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Man I have no idea - it’s almost like for a mercenary  the Enclave would never prove to be beneficial employers.

Man, they are doing “1000°C Hot Iridium Knife Challenge” with their workers, seems pretty reliable to me !

1000°C Hot Iridium Knife but they cut apart a destroyer and it’s made out of cake

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

1000°C Hot Iridium Knife but they cut apart a destroyer and it’s made out of cake

Sounds accurate to the game equivalent

Why would I ever want to side with the Enclave, the coolest architects in the game with the nicest bases? And given their long track-record of being essentially immortal and always coming back “better” I can’t think of a reason I’d want to use any of their tech or fly their ships. Nah.

Also they spoiled the main weapon for the tornado oops. It’s just another silly laser that probably has some weak secondary effect.

Also either the tornado is VERY small, or that transport is VERY big.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, Deelena said:

All factions are preparing their dreadnoughts in order to give a worthy response to the Pirates’ offensive. Whose side to fight on? It’s up to you!

Do the developers even realise that

• Destroyed Station
  • Northern Mining Station
  • Eastern Mining Station
  • Pilgrim-11
  • Sanctuary
  • Abandoned Complex
  • Ancient Ruins
  • Collapsed Laboratory

Are all still under control by cybers/Crystallids? Remember how there was a notice we’d be  taking those sectors back?  Yeah, what the hell happened to that.