Developer Blog. Entry 94 — Seed-Chips and new ships

425f8947b53e0dc4cee238da3e51.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates.

Soon we are expecting an update of Open Space, new modes, maps, unique events and much more!

Today we will briefly tell you about new ships and the latest project — “Seed-Chips”!

Seed-Chips
dce740652bbabd5f6d9ad337c7f9.jpg

UMC published the first data on the so-called “Seed-Chips,” a unique prototype for improving its ships.

Judging by some data, the first Seed-Chips appeared when access to the Artuga system was opened. Enclave pirates distribute their products to mercenaries using covert delivery routes.

Studies in UMC laboratories have shown that Seed-Chips change the key characteristics of ship modules in a special way. Each Seed-Chip is unique and influences changes in its own way. Special technology for merging Seed-Chips enables pilots to independently obtain chips with new higher parameters.

Sources and production technologies of Seed-Chips are still not clear, therefore their use is allowed only in battles against AI, in PvE missions and Open Space. Pilots should install pirate technology at their own risk!

• New modules with random parameters and random characteristics that improve weapons and damage abilities of the ship.
  • There will be many modules, players will be able to combine them to make the modules stronger.
  • Up to five modules can be installed on a ship

Federation engineering frigate “Hammerhead”
782bc991fe2d6c6d832139dc1e1a.jpg

Hammerhead, the latest engineering frigate, was created at the very beginning of the invasion at the “Outpost” shipyard. The use of this ship allowed Armada to repel the attacks of Aliens, without incurring significant losses, until the end of the active phase of the invasion.

Among the features of this vessel, it is worth noting the variable geometry of the wing, thanks to which, Hammerhead significantly surpasses other ships of its class in manoeuvrability.

The ship is equipped with a unique special module. When activated, an autonomous repair station is installed that produces a powerful repair kit, drones with a small repair kit or combat drones, depending on the selected parameters.

The active module sets up a spherical mobile barrier, providing ships with additional cover.

Critical hits with the unique weapon create repair kits available to all allies to restore their durability.

Federation interceptor “Marten

A Sci-Tech Universal interceptor, created in the laboratories of the Artuga system. At the moment, Marten is their main achievement in the field of military equipment.

Equipped with a unique special module , creating a wormhole used to move the ship.

The active module reveals the location of opponents and slows down their hull durability regeneration. And a special weapon releases reverse electromagnetic waves, reinforcing the interceptor’s attacks.

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned, and see you in space!

i wish you didnt post this because i want that engineer so badly now.

I’m just hyped for the seed chips.

I hope it’s gonna work like I think it’s gonna work.

I used to play this old game where modules and weapons of various kinds would drop from EVERYTHING all the time. You’d amass a bunch of them if you didn’t sell them etc.

HOWEVER, you could combine 3 of the L1 modules to make an L2, then combine 3 L2 modules to make an L3, and so on until you had the legendary L5’s. You could also combine 3 random (non-matching) items to make another random item.

It kinda sounds like the seed chips may work something like this and I can’t wait. This is my absolutely favorite kind of grind because it’s infinitely variable and you never know what you’re gonna get. You could get some legendary unbeatable turret that can eradicate everything, or a unique piece of junk that just shoots fancy looking sparks that do no damage but looks epic.

I don’t know how well that will translate here, if getting a random box, out of which we would get a random item wasn’t enough, not we will end up with a random box, of random items, of random stats, it just keeps going, and going…

They just need to make sure that A) Dumping GS into it won’t make them absurdly powerful, or B) They won’t be able to be used against other players, and I hope they won’t oversee the fact that PvP is still a thing in OS.

OS PvP is about to get SPICY

I hope you keep Denis Melnychenko ship designs, Actually, this is the only reason why I still play this game.

Chips sound interesting, I wish there were more details to how it will work and how they will drop.

I wonder if engi will be premium or not. Sadly it seems like it will be very specialized in hull healing so without premium status it will be nothing compared to other engis, especially Brokk or WazGot.

Regarding the seed plan, I don’t have any ideas yet, unless it can greatly increase the credit point income.
(The revenue is too low now)

Hammerhead. A highly mobile engineering frigate. I have tried all Wazgot about speed bonus activation. But there is no special effect. Hope that the special module drone can follow the engineering frigate.
It’s funny and I like it too

About Federation interceptor “Marten”
According to the current introduction, the special module is the same as the wormhole projector.
There is nothing special. It would be interesting if this wormhole lasted for a while for teammates to pass through.
However, the long distance support of the microwarp engine has been lost.
Active module feels the same as spy drones container and cover ops drone
Doesn’t feel strong. Even a little LOW
I just hope it is a chip collection value-added boat.
In this case, even if a certain exclusive equipment is low, other special equipment can be used.
Especially important equipment for interceptors.
List
tracer plasma gun
nanolocator
teleportation anchor
covert ops drone
faria missile amplifier
duelist protocol
Hopefully at least one new vessel will be launched within these two weeks.
The lunar plan interfered with the launch of the new T6 ship and I was upset.

Looks new ship, new fun tactic. but is there is nothing about the coming soon’s empire engineer ship?

By the way, the new ship will come with its DLC option at first?

On 12/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, r86hwpt5ky said:

Active module feels the same as spy drones container and cover ops drone
Doesn’t feel strong. Even a little LOW
I just hope it is a chip collection value-added boat.
In this case, even if a certain exclusive equipment is low, other special equipment can be used.
Especially important equipment for interceptors.
List
tracer plasma gun
nanolocator
teleportation anchor
covert ops drone
faria missile amplifier
duelist protocol
Hopefully at least one new vessel will be launched within these two weeks.
The lunar plan interfered with the launch of the new T6 ship and I was upset.

• tracer plasma gun is niche usage, there are other interceptor weapons which outperform it
  • nanolocator is worse than microlocator
  • covert ops drone is only good for keeping yourself alive, you can just use a shield booster instead if it bothers you
  • faria is far from useful on a federation recon
  • duelist is a global recon modifier, any recon can fit it if you own the correct version

The special module sounds like a short range jump which if similar to Nightingales can be deemed useful as Nightingale is still relevant thanks to the short range jump allowing for a quick and safe disengagement from unfavourable battles. Recons overall are one of the best classes in the game and even the weakest of recons are highly viable in objective based game modes - Marten is likely to be no exception.

So when will the new recon go online ? can not wait