Developer Blog. Entry 94: A New Threat

b8333258a75854405dbc9a8063e2.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates.

Soon we are expecting an update of Open Space, new modes, maps, unique events and much more!

Today we will tell you about the event, which is expected in the Open Space.

“A New Threat”

Aliens are planning a large-scale offensive, Alien base ships have been detected in the systems of the “Open Space” mode. Using them as outposts, they prepare attacks on locations. If they take over the systems — Star Conflict’s usual way of things will cease to exist — there will no longer be any resources available. If the pilots cannot retake the locations from the enemy, after some time, Aliens will begin to capture the neighbouring systems.

• Many portals will open in three systems, presumably for the Alien invasion.
  • If Aliens capture the location, then the usual life on the map ends
  • If Aliens completely capture the location, it will not be available for Sector Conquest
  • In order to prevent Aliens from capturing the neighbouring locations, mercenaries need to fight back by completing special tasks.

The fate of humanity and the outcome of the war with Aliens depends only on the pilots. We urge players of all levels and ranks to fight back against the aliens. The UMC promises to reward everyone for taking part in battles!

Interface
5dea4752f6a5ede67662972ddceb.jpg

The pilot hangar interface was also updated, an advanced ship information block and special slots for installing seed-chips were added.

For convenience, some interface elements were increased in size, in particular, active modules and modifiers installed on the ship.

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned, and see you in space!

So I guess there will be new alien ships in OS now? Alien bases? Or just the usual defiler/destroyer trick? And I assume that crazy amounts of resources will drop from them when killed? Or will they be like the woodlouse where you get like 4 random containers and one resource?

That’s cool and all just please for the love of god remove Cybers from PvP.

What he said - also I see those seedchips down there… lookin all spicey and stuff.

Now please for the love of all that is good don’t need 100 trillion unique resources for the new ships. Please…

1 minute ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Now please for the love of all that is good don’t need 100 trillion unique resources for the new ships. Please…

You bet you do. They’ll be all we get for the next 3 months gotta make sure it lasts a while.  ![:002j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002j.png “:002j:”)

2 hours ago, Deelena said:

If they take over the systems — Star Conflict’s usual way of things will cease to exist — there will no longer be any resources available

Jokes and all aside, this is quite serious, I assume this will also mean we will not get the drops from enemies AKA modules/weapons, and of course, ores, it even says it will affect Sec Con, so this could be a further problem, I guess it’s time to put all my knowledge of OS to good use.

Also I must add - if  those  are the actual ship slots for Marten I think I’ll be just a little bit disappointed. It’s almost like Custodian all over again where the actual weakness’ of the ship and its unique weapon simply can’t be fixed because you can’t change the slot layout.

So is this how you plan to kill the game? Let the aliens control every sector and reduce our credit/material income to 0? If so thats absolutely great. 

I’m honestly very interested to see how this invasion thing will work. It’s like they’re just becoming another faction like the big 4.

Hint hint.

Like remember the old corp faction war map? That but with green and purple now.

Hmmm…

So if a Corporation owns a particular Sector and the Aliens appear and take it over.   That Sector now will be unavailable for Conquests.

Seems to me that the OWNING Corporation should be the ones out there in Open Space working to keep it …not the Mercenaries with random tasks that help some other Corporation they dont belong to keep a sector under human control.   

I can think of a few corporations right off that I wont assist them with keeping owned sectors.   Let the Aliens have it. 

I would rather fight to take it back for the humans from alien control then fight to keep it under the control of some corporations.

There has never been a feature that makes a owning corporation actual work to keep ownership of a sector, other then Conquest battles witch are so mismatched now days that it doesnt even make sense to participate in them anymore for Ownerships.   But using Open SPace as a means of HOLDING ownership…now that could be used, if designed correctly.   Because just how good are those pilots out in OS without the backing of the other 11 they usually fly with and their speciality crafted, 1-up ships that are paper out in the real battle fields of OS. 

I say let the Corporation Pilots work to defend their Holdings out there, not random missions tasked to just anybody.    Better yet, have Corporate Missions that the Owners offer (with grossly overcharged rewards payable to Merc that freelance) and bring back some of the moneymaking we Open Space pilots used to make ingame that isnt present anymore.

I’d love to actually be able to pull a decent profit from OS again without having to grind blackwood. Ffs it was all nerfed to the GROUND.

Remember back when pirate container respawn rate was bugged by a few decimal places and people were pulling in BILLIONS per day in OS?

Ahhh yes. Those were the good ol’ days.

I made my funds back in the day loading up on FUEL and flying way way out to the fringes and trading fuel for items some moron picked up …

But forgot to bring along enough fuel for the return trip home with it.   They’d be all stranded and rotating in place waiting for someone like me to come along with a Cargo Hold of fuel containers and drop them one for a Trade of something…just so they could fly to a fuel transport to get more and return home again.

Those were the days of Open Space Profit.   Fuel made sense and required planning for long trips for greater rewards.   Now you can jump anywhere and even ESC and return to base…EVEN if youre all RED and a criminal.   

DREAMLAND is the only sector now days to actually make bank at…but it still doesnt compare to the profit margins of the old days.

Every time I am in a Hangar, I hear the same sounds which follow each other in the same sequence. it would be cool to add more ranromization and more sounds in Hangars.

Untitled.jpg.fd6245b6d202e4a569c73a9827834a5b.jpg

20 hours ago, JinKo821 said:

So is this how you plan to kill the game? Let the aliens control every sector and reduce our credit/material income to 0? If so thats absolutely great. 

THIS will actually buff the game and will motivate the usage of that vast OS, which atm has no activity. It will be nice to actually make an effort to keep sectors alien free.

To the OP now, good news and looking forward to this.

This looks like a bad idea to me. The whole alien/cyber attack stuff has already grown tiresome and seems like  a pathetic attempt to test the waters for more garbage down the road. No thanks, I’ll wait until it’s all over with then maybe come back to the game. Until then, I don’t intend to play, as this kind of stuff isn’t fun in my opinion. If it continues, I will just be done and move on to another game.Time will tell.