Destroyers

Remove destroyers from PvP!

Or at least give us a gamemode where we can play against other pilots without them!

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/29742-exclude-t4t5-destroyers-from-the-league-mode/#entry354436

14:2 votes that you remove them from leagues!

That’s also ok… i would prefer normal PvP or both but as long as i have one PvP-mode without them i will stay here, if i don’t have one I will LEAVE this game!

Greetings

>veterans are a minority 

>nobody listens to minorities

>good day

if a game only has “n00bs” it is a bad game…

The biggest issue about Desstoryers right now is the flexibility of Wormhole and imba GravyLens, after playing Brave in R13-15 games a bit, if those 2 to be nerfed, even mass Desstro balls is not worse than a simple frig ball that we have for years. R8 Desstroyers is a different story, but t3 is xxxx tier for balance anyways, to many ships missing what is needed on many levels.

The biggest issue about Desstoryers right now is the flexibility of Wormhole and imba GravyLens, after playing Brave in R13-15 games a bit, if those 2 to be nerfed, even mass Desstro balls is not worse than a simple frig ball that we have for years. R8 Desstroyers is a different story, but t3 is xxxx tier for balance anyways, to many ships missing what is needed on many levels.

its a difference to frigball… destroyer have modules to kill you in 3 seconds if you dont have a destroyer:O

Well T4 is now stabilizing. I was in detonation game today with only 3 destroyers on each side (11vs11 and a lot more available) fighting for control of the middle of the map. Healers were healing, gunships shooting heavies, covopses disabling destroyer modules and blinding them, fast gunships attempted to plant. So everything was nice and dandy. I can play that. And no, GravLens is not Imba - you have 5 seconds to get the hell out of there, and if you are engie - you are in wrong place then. 

Here is why i think Gravy is imba

To put it short, it has way to many applications, versatile and devastating potential while having next to zero drawbacks

• It is a huge mass crowd control - when you force people to spread out move - they do not shoot back, it is pretty much a weapon disable for up to 15 seconds while you can just get sucked in and keep shooting so is your team. in the same time if enemy decides to fight back and take the hit, it setups a kill zone for all of your and your team aoe weaponry - photon, tempest, pyro, coils, bubbles torps w/e you name it. 

• It has no friendly fire

• it has no self dmg

• you can not distinguish if it is a friendly effect or enemy (like mine fields), especially it is crucial for interceptors and bubble fighters - your friendly dessy might have set up a perfect kill zone for you, or is it enemy dessy dropped in defense, but you have no idea if you can or can not go there to finish enemies off.

• you can drop it under yourself for ultimate self defense

• it practically blinds you

• it has retardedly low cd for what it does

• energy cost is negligible if you have a good build

• it does not care about line of sight, sucking in and dmg even if some one is in cover, which creates relatedness on maps like Death Star, Abandoned complex, Abandoned outpost, or Beacon Hunt modes, because 90% game play zone is covered by a single black hole

• it has way to much duration for its effect.

The module is interesting, but combination of all the effects and potential on it tips it over the board. In fact even if module would do no dmg (or something insignificant to prevent Objective captures) and only have sucking in mechanics, it would be already one of the best modules to take and would put it in line with all other available modules, not necessary the must have but optionally situational. As of now this is a “must have” modules, the only one would go inline with it is Wormhole, but its strength comes form different reasons.

Most of the ships can run away from gravi lens. You have 5  friggin seconds to do so. And it means you are less than 5k from the destroyer that dropped it. If you are engie - you did bad. If you are guard - well, then you are screwed. If you are anything else - you can run.You just have to accept, that the front line unit is destroyer. Not engie, or tackler. Gunships can combat reboot and GTFO.

Most of the ships can run away from gravi lens. You have 5  friggin seconds to do so. And it means you are less than 5k from the destroyer that dropped it. If you are engie - you did bad. If you are guard - well, then you are screwed. If you are anything else - you can run.You just have to accept, that the front line unit is destroyer. Not engie, or tackler. Gunships can combat reboot and GTFO.

There are maps where there is plenty of cover, and you do not see it around the walls and you have no idea what direction you must run, or you will just run into invisible area where it is in the effect because, again, you don’t see it, and you don’t see it because you are blind nub, but because simply tehre is no animation on it. We have nuk and nuk has distinguish notification that it will go off, same for the commands havoc, or anomaly generator - there is direct visual effect or sound that clearly tels you don’t f go there or gtfo, gravy got none of that, you are simply unaware of it existence unless you came under its effect. Visual animation is considerably smaller than DMG aoe and Pull aoe. Look at the slow beam missiles, energy drain missiles, havoc there is clear outline of zone of denial, nuks cloud. and even that does not diminish the amount of utility and potential tied to a single button press, it does not need dmg tied to at all to be competitive with the rest of Destroyer modules. 

Any module can be categorized by a cost-effort-reward ratio, atm gravy lens beats any possible records in this regards.

Name a single Destroyer module that you would take over gravy lens.

Yes, you can evade it like you can evade a guards Pulsar but double as high dmg

AND pulling effect

AND Can be deploed remotly

AND Has no Line of sight check

AND Situationaly Disables adaptives

AND Does not clearly indicates direction of dmg source like pulsar does with nice redish strikes

AND ignoring the shield is definitely not OP

If you are comparing to a pulsar, add

Can be deploed remotly

Has no Line of sight check

Situationaly Disables adaptives

Does not clearly indicates direction of dmg source like pulsar does with nice redish strikes

If you are comparing to a pulsar, add

Can be deploed remotly

Has no Line of sight check

Situationaly Disables adaptives

Does not clearly indicates direction of dmg source like pulsar does with nice redish strikes

Done, I had thought about half of your points while typing but forgot to write them down coz I’m way to tired

Btw regarding a dmg, pulsar does about 15k dmg total over the course of 12 seconds (numbers are from top of my head), gravy does up to 15k per seconds for a 15 seconds in an epicenter, gradually reducing to the rim. Dmg number is kinda okeish vs other destroyers but it is no where ok where other ships are present with all the utility added to it

It is not even an issue of not runni g away from it it is more of a case where you accidently run into one cause it lasts for so long and it goes throug walls. inti dies within 2 second within a rim of gravy

Devs should give it the same effects as the Spec OPS destroyer’s anomaly.

Why isn’t it the case yet ? They already have all the animation and sound they need to do so…

Before it gets nerfed I want a massive custom battle where everyone bunches together in black hole with max kinetic resist destroyers :stuck_out_tongue:

… within a rim of gravy

gravy-master.jpg

Hehe

gravy-master.jpg

Hehe

Indeed,

And just a friendly reminder to all our Muricans friends, gravy is not a soft dring to go with your burger.

Muricans eat something called biscuits and gravy. It is not biscuits and it is not gravy. For some reason. And if it were, then that would be disgusting

Well. All what was said here is focusing on one single module, which is dangerous if player is closer than 5k to the destroyer and can easily be turned off via any ECM or Command. The problem is not module or destroyers, is a human nature. I see more often that players are limiting their use of destroyers. And if you are R9 and don’t want to face destroyers from R11, put your own R8 destroyer in slot. You will NOT be facing R11 destroyer. What is more disturbing is this: lack of thinking. This game has a steep learning curve and people are lazy in their nature. They want to stay in the open and do pew pew and then whine on the forum “I got killed, not fair”. If destroyers are so OP, why when I got a Combat Recon game we had 3 destroyers on the field, enemy had 8 (in 8v8 game) and we could still win, even when score was 9 to 17 when enemy captain died? It wasn’t easy, but teamwork will beat sheer dps any day of the week. So PLEASE. BRING BACK SQUADS.