Destroyers are too Fat to Fly

3 hours ago, AdamWest said:

I didn t know the ecm stuns work twice as long.  . . . does that go for white noise also ?

Not sure about whitenoise/IR pulsar specifically. Try it out on some other OWLs and post results!

White noise and IR pulsars are affected by same CC modifiers 2-1, Proton Wall, stacking diminishing returns and Destroyers CC vulnerability multiplier.

I remember in Star Wars BF how annoying it was to jump in a vehicle and have a Ace pilot/gunner with you XD

Sounds fun though!

7 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

2nd: they can’t do anything versus multiple player

Totally untrue. During the 1st phase of the event, I killed countless times groups of 3+ ships all by myself… Heck, one time I even killed a CovOps, an ECM and a engineer all focusing fire on my R8 procyon, I can’t imagine what I could do with a R11 or even 14 one… 

you don’t have to assume the worst, papitas, like, unvoluntary joining ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

i mean, there is nothing worse than a gunner who joins you and basicly does everything against your will ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) doesnt have to be arma3 koth style where all just stand around your tank, waiting for you to unlock it, so they can shoot your guns dry… ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

so yeah, definitely an invite feature instead of a free join spot ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) it has to be so that it makes sense to actually do that sacrifice aswell. but your hopes for BCs are adorable.

8 hours ago, g4borg said:

you don’t have to assume the worst, papitas, like, unvoluntary joining ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

i mean, there is nothing worse than a gunner who joins you and basicly does everything against your will ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) doesnt have to be arma3 koth style where all just stand around your tank, waiting for you to unlock it, so they can shoot your guns dry… ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

so yeah, definitely an invite feature instead of a free join spot ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) it has to be so that it makes sense to actually do that sacrifice aswell. but your hopes for BCs are adorable.

xD in planetside 2 you can enter and gun a friendly vehicle (and someone can enter your vehicle and man the guns), but the driver can choose to allow entrance to certain players…usually hapens that when the gunner sucks, driver changes config and kicks the gunner in order to save ammo or wait a while to unlock and hope for a better gunner xD I think that gunners in destroyers or another ships would require a kick option where they can keep playing with their own ships without much delay (cause launching them into space to die and respawn is kinda mean for teammates hahaha). A realistic way to do this would be allowing to dock a ship, but since destroyers arent that big it wouldnt work unless you got something bigger like a BC ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) i guess my dream is seeing SC like Homeworld 2 as a 3rd person shooter game…i always enjoy watching the battles in HW2

I just think there might be limits what you can present as game in a 1:10 scaled engine ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) BCs sound bigger than destros, how slow and how tanky will they be? Where will they move?

A kick button for idiot gunners is something I whish I had in Arma.

However your whish for epic space battles I do share.

![:fed008:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed008.png “:fed008:”) ![:fed006:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed006.png “:fed006:”)

Just played a match where a single halo spamming Destroyer stopped our team from capturing two beacons.

When the xxxx are these ships going to be removed?

lel that why they are cool when a guy know how to use it :))

Destroyers are easy to kill, just use a fighter to get inside of their shields and focus on killing the modules (including engines) because they make the ship take 10k damage when they are destroyed.

and if you are in a frigate just use the octopus missiles because they will drop the shields fast too and after that just focus on modules again.

also a little tip is that flying inside the shield of an enemy destroyer will stop his friends from hitting you because they can’t shoot through his shield to get to you, you can do the same will friendly destroyers too.