Destroyer special module still works as fully functional, when disabled or destroyed!

Bug report:

What happened?

Destroyer special module for the following destroyers are affected:

Vigilant, Brave, Invincible, Sirius, Antares, Procyon, Tyrant, Sibyl, Archon special modules cannot be switched, when disabled or destroyed. That’s working as intended.

The only problem is, that they still provide an increased speed for Federation Energy router, shields for Jericho Energy router, and damage to Empire Energy router while currently selected.

I am talking about both options. Faction modules that give bigger bonuses based on the faction and switching abilities - all 3 of them (Yellow - Engines, Red - Weapons, Blue - Shields)

What should happen?

When a special module is disabled or destroyed, the effect/s should be temporarily removed, there should be no benefit of any kind until a module gets fixed or restored.

This should apply to all special modules on destroyers:

Destroyer special modules: (all tested)

- Empire Energy router - not working as intended (bug)

- Federation Energy router - not working as intended (bug)

- Jericho Energy router - not working as intended (bug)

• Spatial stabilizer (Empire, Federation, Jericho) - working as intended (not a bug)

• Beam destructor (Empire) - working as intended (not a bug)

• ‘Attila’ Targeting Complex (Federation) - working as intended (not a bug)

• Warp-reflector (Jericho) - working as intended (not a bug)

Logs: (contains all of the entries of Sirius destroyer - TheStig user - Open Space - Ellydium Theta Station)

[2017.08.28 17.53.44.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15226)

Bump?

we’ll see 0081385

On 8/28/2017 at 9:32 AM, Skula1975 said:

we’ll see 0081385

This is quite an important bug that affects gameplay elements that should be prioritized.

I will provide recent logs to help with the problem. I hope that you fix this. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

All results are posted here now.

Final results:

• Empire Energy router

• Federation Energy router

• Jericho Energy router

Special modules in all 3 modes: 

Yellow - Engines (speed increase), Red - Weapons (damage increase), Blue - Shields (250 or 400 pts. regeneration per second), is not working correctly!

While the selected module is disabled or destroyed, it should stop providing the bonus that is currently selected.

Screenshots:

NkWlQma.png

FwP547y.png

OvuxAdd.png

What should happen to all special modules - modes/variants or all 3 faction modules - Empire, Federation, Jericho (bigger bonus)?

Example: (while the currently selected module is disabled by the ECM effect, or destroyed by the enemy)

• Engine mode - speed limit, including afterburners, is reduced to a bare minimum - no longer applying the speed boost on both - 20-30% maximum speed loss

• Weapon mode - any passive damage increase is disabled, all bonus damage is lost - 12-20% damage loss

• Shield mode -  shield regeneration completely stops - 250 or 400 pts. shield regeneration loss

Logs:

This bug is still occuring - when my destroyer’s (archon) special module is destroyed, I still get 400 shield points regeneration.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:32 AM, Skula1975 said:

we’ll see 0081385

[@Skula1975](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239039-skula1975/)

Please, fix this bug. It will make destroyers a bit more balanced.

Thank you. / Спасибо.

On 18.11.2017 at 7:24 PM, Koromac said:

Please, fix this bug. It will make destroyers a bit more balanced.

Thank you. / Спасибо.

Right. As if they aren’t already nerfed to hell. What about Guard frigattes? Getting your special disabled or destroyed only makes it impossible to switch shield attunements but doesn’t remove the current attunement. This goes with ANY special modules that runs passively and only toggles something. Pretty sure this is not a bug but intended and i’d rather keep it that way. Destroyers are fine the way they are.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:54 AM, Niran said:

Right. As if they aren’t already nerfed to hell. What about Guard frigattes? Getting your special disabled or destroyed only makes it impossible to switch shield attunements but doesn’t remove the current attunement. This goes with ANY special modules that runs passively and only toggles something. Pretty sure this is not a bug but intended and i’d rather keep it that way. Destroyers are fine the way they are.

You’re wrong. Destroyers still need to be nerfed. And since they have destructible modules, this is a way to do it.

Guards and other frigates do not have any exterior modules, so this is a bit different then.

There are no other Destroyer bugs, at least not to my knowledge, except for this one.

Just a quick update: if those modules are indeed routers and disabling them disables possibility to switch their role, but the effect stays - I would say that’s the expected behaviour. So on the info screen they are “routers”. But when destroyed - kill feed says “capacitor”. So if those are extra “capacitors” the effect should be stopped when they are disabled. 

So from my point of view we either have inconsistent translation or a bug. As destroyer are already pretty well balanced (to the brink of “impaired” )  I would say - translation inconsistency.

Mr. Skula, one final question for you.

EN:

Destroyer special module is a:

a) capacitor

b) router

RU:

Специальный модуль эсминца:

a) конденсатор

b) маршрутизатор

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Just a quick update: if those modules are indeed routers and disabling them disables possibility to switch their role, but the effect stays - I would say that’s the expected behaviour. So on the info screen they are “routers”. But when destroyed - kill feed says “capacitor”. So if those are extra “capacitors” the effect should be stopped when they are disabled. 

So from my point of view we either have inconsistent translation or a bug. As destroyer are already pretty well balanced (to the brink of “impaired” )  I would say - translation inconsistency.

Latest Logs:

[2018.05.11 23.05.53.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16894)

we are work