Destroyer rapair cost

This picture speaks for all. Even if I win, the destroyer repair cost is bigger than battle reward. I guess thats something is wrong. Please fix it.

screenshot-180702-132303.jpg.2e54afbf069a375e9b88583b118efe45.jpg

It’s just one of the many downsides of Destroyers now because apparently Destroyers aren’t allowed to be a decent class. Once upon a time the repair cost was lowered to max 200k but now it’s 400k max with 191k a death (I get 193k a PvP victory just for perspective.

So currently the list of downsides woooould beeee…

-Massive hitbox

-Extremely weak at close range 

-Extremely high repair cost

-Excessively long respawn time

-Destructible modules

-Module destruction takes massive chunks of hull

-Extremely limited list of modules that can be acquired without trading

-Extremely high crafting cost

-Unable to heal themselves efficiently

-Extremely slow (barely able to keep pace with a cargo ship)

-Barely able to defend themselves at close range

-More susceptible to control effects

-Basically the only target ECMs will ever use Moriarty virus on

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

It’s just one of the many downsides of Destroyers now because apparently Destroyers aren’t allowed to be a decent class. Once upon a time the repair cost was lowered to max 200k but now it’s 400k max with 191k a death (I get 193k a PvP victory just for perspective.

So currently the list of downsides woooould beeee…

Hide contents

-Massive hitbox

-Extremely weak at close range 

-Extremely high repair cost

-Excessively long respawn time

-Destructible modules

-Module destruction takes massive chunks of hull

-Extremely limited list of modules that can be acquired without trading

-Extremely high crafting cost

-Unable to heal themselves efficiently

-Extremely slow (barely able to keep pace with a cargo ship)

-Barely able to defend themselves at close range

-More susceptible to control effects

-Basically the only target ECMs will ever use Moriarty virus on

-Takes massive damage from explosives

-Takes massive damage from literally everything

-Is unable to evade incoming fire

-Every patch makes it slower and weaker

-if the hull is damaged it stays damaged

-Modules that are destroyed take AGES to be rebuilt and that leaves the destroyer useless

-Refitting them costs an obscene amount of credits, just to change the special module.

-Takes extra damage from everything.

47 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

-Modules that are destroyed take AGES to be rebuilt and that leaves the destroyer useless

-Refitting them costs an obscene amount of credits, just to change the special module.

They are fine. Just listen to [niripas]. The Destroyers are fine.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

• increased damage from explosives  - by design

• from everything? No. The only mallus they have are for explosive weapons and disintegrator

• depends on the build - my Sirius can easily dodge most of incoming long - range fire

• there was one patch that addressed the special module speed boosts, one patch that nerfed the Vigilant laser. Main guns otherwise weren’t touched. In the meantime proximity mallus was reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 and it’s range to 1km

• if the hull gets damaged use heavy repair drones

• modules take 1 minute to rebuild and it means your team failed to protect you. Damage from exploding modules was  reduced (I don’t remember - by 50 ot 75%), so no more single plasma arc killing.

36 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Dunno. I don’t like destroyers. You are flying them all the time and if you are saying they are fine, I trust you in that judgement. I didn’t judge if they are fine or not. I just said once that I never saw a SCL or Dreadnought battle team without one. Closest real world equivalent are artillery support battleships - they have a lot of firepower at medium range, but they have to be closely protected by anti submarine and anti air ships. 

38 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I am a firm believer that destroyers could be fixed easily by also bringing them closer to regular ships:

-Remove the extra damage aura

-reduce their hull volume by 30% and shield volume by 20%

-normalize reapair cost

-normalize warp speed

Add a passive hull regen of 300pts/s when the ship doesn’t receive damage and doesnt use modules and weapons for 8s (like guard frigs)

41 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I am a firm believer that destroyers could be fixed easily by also bringing them closer to regular ships:

-Remove the extra damage aura

-reduce their hull volume by 30% and shield volume by 20%

-normalize reapair cost

-normalize warp speed

Add a passive hull regen of 300pts/s when the ship doesn’t receive damage and doesnt use modules and weapons for 8s (like guard frigs)

++++++++

1 hour ago, niripas said:

• there was one patch that addressed the special module speed boosts, one patch that nerfed the Vigilant laser. Main guns otherwise weren’t touched. In the meantime proximity mallus was reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 and it’s range to 1km

Main guns were nerfed along with all other weapons with stealth RoF nerf in some of the patches. Meson had 9k dps at the start, now it has 7k. Just to be clear.

10 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Main guns were nerfed along with all other weapons with stealth RoF nerf in some of the patches. Meson had 9k dps at the start, now it has 7k. Just to be clear.

There hasn’t been a nerf to the meson. The item card initially displayed the theoretical dps if 12 turrets. It now correctly shows the dps of 8 turrets, since thats the maximum amount of weapons that can fire simultaneously.

10 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

There hasn’t been a nerf to the meson. The item card initially displayed the theoretical dps if 12 turrets. It now correctly shows the dps of 8 turrets, since thats the maximum amount of weapons that can fire simultaneously.

The RoF of Meson was nerfed and that was it.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

The RoF of Meson was nerfed and that was it.

Didn’t they increase the damage to make up for that?

27 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Didn’t they increase the damage to make up for that?

Sadly, they did not.

Also, the fire rate of all weapons is between 7-10% slower in reality than shown in statistical info. A two years old bug, but it never got addressed, even after several bug reports.

25 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Sadly, they did not.

Also, the fire rate of all weapons is between 7-10% slower in reality than shown in statistical info. A two years old bug, but it never got addressed, even after several bug reports.

Actually they did - Meson cannon was boosted twice - once by 7% and then by 10%. There was not a single nerf to this cannon. Only the animation was changed due to SpecOps crashes when a lot of destroyers where using it. 

I didn’t check the real ROF, so I can’t say anything about it.

15 hours ago, Koromac said:

Debatable, most are not. Tryant is the last of it’s kind, kill them before they kill you, or push them with repelling. I don’t have an issue anymore, it’s your fault you let a plasma ark up your arse. You have a team for a reason. Repair costs should be nerfed. What really makes them paper is abusive Archelon bonuses and crappy mechanic Energy Converter that stacks the the amount of damage you get instead of applying it straight(5000 for example) over 4 seconds. so 20000 damage, but nope its more like 70k+ . People fly in with it take all damage and kill a ship 3x their size because balance. 

2 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Debatable, most are not. Tryant is the last of it’s kind, kill them before they kill you, or push them with repelling. I don’t have an issue anymore, it’s your fault you let a plasma ark up your arse. You have a team for a reason. Repair costs should be nerfed. What really makes them paper is abusive Archelon bonuses and crappy mechanic Energy Converter that stacks the the amount of damage you get instead of applying it straight(5000 for example) over 4 seconds. so 20000 damage, but nope its more like 70k+ . People fly in with it take all damage and kill a ship 3x their size because balance. 

Considering that Covert Ops are very fast and that they can cloak… Its not hard for one to slip through your team.

What are the ‘Abusive Archelon bonuses’?

On 7/3/2018 at 1:32 AM, Scar6 said:

What are the ‘Abusive Archelon bonuses’?

Ops, did not add ‘rank’ into it. 

Rank bonuses are op as freak.

9 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Ops, did not add ‘rank’ into it. 

Rank bonuses are op as freak.

Rank bonuses shoulnt be as strong as they are rn. They can be useful for bringing low rank ships closer together, but they definitely feel too powerful at the moment.

They really are too powerful as they actually boost ship stats beyond what they should be at rank 17. Just today alone I went against Snerp on his reset profile where he was using a Joker with MkII rails and apparently was able to do 1.5k (I recall him telling me it was something like that) a shot with rank 5 MkII rails. Y’know, numbers that you’d struggle to pull off with a Mk5 rank 17 with a full build just towards raw damage?