Destroyer pick up range (Open Space)

Not sure where I supposed to write this, so I’m trying do it in this section.

I have noticed that Dessies have range around 850m to pick up containers , but not all of them. Containers that contains Seed Chips still needs Destroyer player to be in 300m range. Is it how it supposed to be, or somehow developers missed this little thing?

I think all containers supposed to have that 850m range for Destroyers, it is really painful to destroy pirates from 5k range, and fly with 130m/s to the place trying to pick them up before someone stoles it. Atm it is not very comfortable 

I could be wrong on this one, but the distance your UI shows you is computed based on your ships center of mass in relation to the object, whereas pick up range is based on the closest piece of your hit box towards said Object. All my experiences in the game indicate that to be the case, so I’d advise you to approach an object you want to pick up bow on.

Hope that hepls.

13 hours ago, balnazzar said:

Not sure where I supposed to write this, so I’m trying do it in this section.

I have noticed that Dessies have range around 850m to pick up containers , but not all of them. Containers that contains Seed Chips still needs Destroyer player to be in 300m range. Is it how it supposed to be, or somehow developers missed this little thing?

Yes, seed chip containers require all ships to fly within 300m to pick them up whereas standard containers (modules, resources, ores, etc.) can be picked up at roughly 850m. I’m not sure why the developers thought that this was a good idea given how slow Destroyers are as the pick up range was increased to 850m for exactly the same reason.

let pirates come near you, or stay to the spawn. Also they are easy to kill with destro, so, no need to shoot them on the side, will be faster to go near containers, before it disappear… better to go with ze’ta, but it should be ok with other dessies, also, other faster players will not steal yours, that it can be a problem too, yes…