Destroyer or Guard what build now?

what is the role of the guard now???

the role that cover this two ships are similar, tank enemy damage and support team…

My questions are:

the guard is still useful with the advent of the destroyer?

I don’t have the destroyer, but:

• appear most resistant than the guard…

• certainly have most damage of the guard…

Why I should use monocrystal to build Ronin and not save the monocrystal to build destroyer?

In reality, Guards and Destroyers are “best budies for life” because each one is compensating the weakness of the other.

While the Destroyer lacks of answer against fast and mobiles targets, the Guard is bringing specialized weapons (Mass Drivers / Destructor) as well as module (Mass Propulsion Inhibitor and Signature Masking) that will reduce and prevent Interceptors / Fast Fighters from being too dangerous for the Destroyer.

The Guard tend to struggle against targets that can harass it from long range, and it’s where the Destroyer will act as a support for the guard. Offering long range answer under the form of the Tempest Launcher and Pyro Emitter, forcing the metionned annoyers to take cover and stop harassing the guard.

Secondly, the Missile Shield is truelly helping the Destroyers against its primary weakness, explosion.

At the same time, the Turrets (Blaster and Plasma) are compensating the lack of damage over the time offered by the pulsar.

In other terms, they are synergizing extremly well together, meaning that they are complementing each other. 

And the Ronin will be a Destroyer’s Killer due to the Kinetic Bonus you can use on it. Destroyers hate Coil Mortar.

In reality, Guards and Destroyers are “best budies for life” because each one is compensating the weakness of the other.

While the Destroyer lacks of answer against fast and mobiles targets, the Guard is bringing specialized weapons (Mass Drivers / Destructor) as well as module (Mass Propulsion Inhibitor and Signature Masking) that will reduce and prevent Interceptors / Fast Fighters from being too dangerous for the Destroyer.

The Guard tend to struggle against targets that can harass it from long range, and it’s where the Destroyer will act as a support for the guard. Offering long range answer under the form of the Tempest Launcher and Pyro Emitter, forcing the metionned annoyers to take cover and stop harassing the guard.

Secondly, the Missile Shield is truelly helping the Destroyers against its primary weakness, explosion.

At the same time, the Turrets (Blaster and Plasma) are compensating the lack of damage over the time offered by the pulsar.

In other terms, they are synergizing extremly well together, meaning that they are complementing each other. 

And the Ronin will be a Destroyer’s Killer due to the Kinetic Bonus you can use on it. Destroyers hate Coil Mortar.

Great answer

Great answer indeed, but I expect nothing less from the guard master himself. 

In my eyes, guards are still very useful. As Rakza said, they have and easier time dealing with smaller targets, but Guards are also fairly good for dealing with a Destroyer on the enemy team. Fit a guard with coil mortars, anomalies or torps, and go ham with some buddies. 

Saving to build a Ronin or a Destroyer will serve you 2 different purposes. Destroyers are only rank 8, whereas the Ronin is Rank 15. Base your decision on where you play most/have the most fun. If you think you have more fun in high-rank games, build a Ronin, and wait for rank 14 destroyers, but if you have more fun in mid-ranks, build a Destroyer, then build your Ronin next.

for me Guard still the best ship to make a safety zone with crowd control ^^

often i see player use it more like a tank only repair:boost hull or shield but for pvp and teamplay as explained by Rakza , Guard have the best module to counter fast and mobile target

Destroyer its more a mix with an off-tank and an off-dps , no CC but many module to manage dps on multiple target and secure a zone .