Destroyer modules blocking sensor

1. In gameplay if you turn your Destroyer so a module is facing the enemy they will drop off of your sensors.

2. For enemies to remain on my sensors if they are within my sensor range or not behind objects.

3. This is difficult to describe… a module has to be facing the enemy and blocking them from the centre of your ship, in turn blocking sensors.

4. Whilst most prevalent in Open Space, if a module lines up on your Destroyer to the incoming enemy’s path it will block them from your sensors, making them drop off radar. This is extremely infuriating since it makes aiming certain modules to fire at them difficult if they drop off the radar shortly after lining them up.

5. Always.

6. Do not currently have logs available, but can be recreated easily.

An ship dropping off radar in open space due to modules blocking sensors

UP0lv99.jpg

Seconds later once they have moved out from behind the module that was blocking it from sensors

txToQGm.jpg

1. Not relevant.

2. Not relevant.

3. Not relevant.

4. Not relevant.

evidently this is a very old bug as defense contract is always got invisible enemies hope they just make all ships with 10,000 sensor range  I mean please Dev’s get with the program

Just now, Original_Taz said:

evidently this is a very old bug as defense contract is always got invisible enemies hope they just make all ships with 10,000 sensor range  I mean please Dev’s get with the program

It has been around for quite some time, I’ve just never been bothered to report it till now since the sudden focus on OS

12 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

That’s different thing - In Defense Contract you have 3 turtles flying side to side and a flight of Demomen flying behind it. Turtle shield is an obstacle that blocks sensors and until they spread out (or die) you cannot see anything behind it on your radar.