Destroyer balance issue

38 minutes ago, ntboble said:

I don’t know why is so important to kill the destroyers. Again. Negate their kills and make them worthless. Give us tools for this and it should be enough.

It is important because of these stupid missions asking us to :

• kill 150 destroyers in squad (30 xeno)

• kill 100 destroyer with Sk’rah, Th lith, Frigate alien gun (Combat reconstructor)

• kill 50 destroyer with Iridium slug ammo (Hive)

I dont know - what the heck is going on.

They introduced the new destroyer tech in stages : rank8s, rank11s, rank14s.

Why they did not follow that path in releasing their new Ellydium ship line?

They could have released Ellydium ship-classes : Elly interceptor, Elly fighter, Elly frigate following the tier concept, say winter 2017 up until tier 2, in spring tier 3, in summer unleash tier 4, in autumn tier 5 Ellydium ships and Elly destoyers -> plenty time to fine tune each step. And each ship would have had it natural counter co-released  :

… → Elly frigate ----> Elly fighter —> Elly interceptor —> Elly frigate ----> Elly fighter —> Elly interceptor —> …

Guys, stick to the topic.

32 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Do you Know, DRfox, how effectiveness is calculated in case of supporting role of Engineer frigate  (in regard to your points gaind with destroyer)?? What is the calculation base/formula? Most times does not play out for support roles to be in danger and do not kills oneself in Engineer frigate.

Basically engineers are fun to play if you like support but they are useless to gain eff because the game doesn’t appreciate people who work hard to help keep people alive. Best they get is thumbs after a match and hella synergy.

3 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Guys, stick to the topic.

Stick? Like this one?

Imagini pentru stick png

Oh, destroyer balance issue, make the 2.5 damage go both ways, the destroyer will deal 2.5 to you and you will deal 2.5 to it, simple. If one destroyer gets close to another this mechanic applies already and can make for quick close quarter combat, where Tyrant should excel. Closing the gap will be the tricky part.

I don’t see any problem here. I think this was the greatest idea to fix the balance issue whats destros caused. from range destros can absorb incredible amount of damage, but from close range probably the guards become better tanks. I didn’t like the destro as a “miniboss” concept anyway. The destor deserves to die if the enemy can go that close.

Would be fair IMO.

In the condition that the x2.5 damage on module destruction stay then.

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Stick? Like this one?

Imagini pentru stick png

Oh, destroyer balance issue, make the 2.5 damage go both ways, the destroyer will deal 2.5 to you and you will deal 2.5 to it, simple. If one destroyer gets close to another this mechanic applies already and can make for quick close quarter combat, where Tyrant should excel. Closing the gap will be the tricky part.

I would phrase it this way: ship deals 2.5 x the damage == ship gets vulnerabe 2.5 x to damage (regardless the source) and vice versa: you are 2.5 time more vulnerable to dmg == you deal 2.5. times more damage. It must be a mechanic not a chain of illogic, idiotic random buffs and nerfs!!

3 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Stick? Like this one?

Imagini pentru stick png

Approved!

7 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

It is important because of these stupid missions asking us to :

• kill 150 destroyers in squad (30 xeno)

• kill 100 destroyer with Sk’rah, Th lith, Frigate alien gun (Combat reconstructor)

• kill 50 destroyer with Iridium slug ammo (Hive)

I wasn’t talking about missions, but the concep itself of how to balance them. We don’t need to kill them to balance them. We need ways of making them unuseful to counter them. We need to kill them for the mission, yes, but that’s another matter.

5 hours ago, avarshina said:

I would phrase it this way: ship deals 2.5 x the damage == ship gets vulnerabe 2.5 x to damage (regardless the source) and vice versa: you are 2.5 time more vulnerable to dmg == you deal 2.5. times more damage. It must be a mechanic not a chain of illogic, idiotic random buffs and nerfs!!

So the team that know they can protect their destro from close range with aoe attacks and drones insta pop anything that comes close? Also two autofire turrets on ya dess and push button to kill mode activated, sometimes u dont even need to push the button(adaptive fed covops). That would be a random buff to dess a 1.5k autofire killzone. Thats better than a guard with pulsar always active. Dess can take the extra damage other ships cant. The illogic here is that all ships are made equal so should be equal terms but i dont want to be 1v1ed like i could be with any other class. (1v1 still only applies to s1 who built their ship to counter that one class)

Thier counter has always been focus fire, this change only made it worthwhile for people to try now and is still a risky business. Any change to base stats significant enough to effect the ridiculous tank would have ppl crying harder about nerfs. This is a new mechanic not a nerf. Kinda reminds me of the player whining at me in survival cause his dess blew up in the open to NY x2 damage weapon. That was bs cause it happened from to him from 4.5k away in 3 secs but still ultimatly his own fault.

An interesting change tbh, looking at dess builds you cant totally ignore this mechanic without having a team on your side, exchanging out long range or bs (gravy hole) mods for turrets. Or ya know playing the class properly, which i still see being done.

You’re right JCNB!! I had a special active module in mind when writing the above (but didn’t include in writing).

I though of a mechanic of an active module like the plasma blade: if you activate it it deals 3x more damage but makes you vulnerable to receiving damage 3x also: to be useded with risk and care!!!